Author Topic: Manny was to be fired according to Ken Rosenthal  (Read 22653 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back

totally random thought:

The Rockies won 17 of their next 18 games after they fired their Manager Clint Hurdle and replaced him with interim manager Jim Tracy.

I'm sure the Manager change had absolutely nothing to do with that, since the Manager has no appreciable effect on a team's performance.

But man, those guys went on a TEAR, from one of the worst teams in baseball to just barely outside the Wild Card chase.

what a coincidence.

Offline hammondsnats

totally random thought:

The Rockies won 17 of their next 18 games after they fired their Manager Clint Hurdle and replaced him with interim manager Jim Tracy.

I'm sure the Manager change had absolutely nothing to do with that, since the Manager has no appreciable effect on a team's performance.

But man, those guys went on a TEAR, from one of the worst teams in baseball to just barely outside the Wild Card chase.

what a coincidence.

yeah i was thinking of posting this too, but that'd make too much sense, even for me 8) 

Offline blue911

totally random thought:

what a coincidence.

Then we should fire Clint Hurdle also.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

:thumbs:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back

I agree.

now how to get him into the Nats Manager chair so that we can fire him......

Offline sportsfan882

please get this lame ass out of here after we get swept tomorrow. maybe if we get rid of him we might actually have a change against Florida for a change.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
So, other than trotting out a crap team, what specific malfeasances was Manny guilty of tonight?  It looked to me like he went through a flat of gum and several spiral pads, but he switched bad players for worse players at the usual times, nothing really untoward.  What would LaRussa have done with festering corpses like Kearns and Belly?  Bench them, probably.  And play who, exactly?  I'm not disagreeing, but the guy doesn't have Marlon Anderson or Darryl Ward sitting on the bench anymore. 

Offline sportsfan882

the starting lineup. Belliard batting 7th when he should never be in the lineup to begin with. He killed us (0/4 with 7 runners left on base).

Kearns also in the lineup. killer. batting them back to back = death

So, other than trotting out a crap team, what specific malfeasances was Manny guilty of tonight?   

Putting Fat Ronnie and Kearns in the lineup at the same time and batting them back to back

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
You want Belly batting leadoff instead?  I guess that little batboy could fill in if he benched both of them (like any 'normal' team would have been able to do).  I hate Kearns, he is a rally-killing slug...but he's the 10 million dollar lemon Manny has to deal with.

Putting Fat Ronnie and Kearns in the lineup at the same time and batting them back to back

Offline sportsfan882

Anderson Hernandez should be playing everyday.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Anderson Hernandez should be playing everyday.

You don't want AlGo getting time at 2nd?

Offline PC

Who was actually out injured today?  I can't imagine how these two could ever get in the lineup together!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Who was actually out injured today?  I can't imagine how these two could ever get in the lineup together!

They were resting Nick due to that shin pop.

Offline sportsfan882

You don't want AlGo getting time at 2nd?
sure but pick one. I hate the constant platooning bullcrap. Players can't get into a rhythm if they are playing one day and sitting the next day. I believe this has hurt both Hernandez and Dukes this season.

Ideally we would deal Guzman and play AlGo everyday at SS and Hernandez at 2B.

Offline PC

They were resting Nick due to that shin pop.

So Dukes and Hernandez were both available?  :roll:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Hernandez has already been getting a LOT of playing time, and his average has sunk to a meager powerless .260.  I like him but I think it's hard to argue he hasn't gotten enough time on the field.  AlGo on the other hand really continues to impress in limited action.  I'd like to see more time for him, and yes, I'd take it out of both Hernandez and Guzman's time.

Offline sportsfan882

Hernandez has already been getting a LOT of playing time, and his average has sunk to a meager powerless .260.  I like him but I think it's hard to argue he hasn't gotten enough time on the field.  AlGo on the other hand really continues to impress in limited action.  I'd like to see more time for him, and yes, I'd take it out of both Hernandez and Guzman's time.
I don't think Hernandez is a long term starter. maybe an okay bench player. he's really fallen off like you said at the plate.

I agree that AlGo has a much higher chance of being a starter so I wouldn't be opposed to him going everyday at 2B although he hasn't played there much at all.

Offline DPMOmaha

I'll say the same thing I said after the Yankee and Jays wins, you can't let one or two games dictate your decisions during a one game season.  Everyone gets up to play the Yankees...

You want Belly batting leadoff instead?  I guess that little batboy could fill in if he benched both of them (like any 'normal' team would have been able to do).  I hate Kearns, he is a rally-killing slug...but he's the 10 million dollar lemon Manny has to deal with.

Bottom of the batting order should have been Kearns, Bard, Gonzalez, Fat Ronnie.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
You want Belly batting leadoff instead?  I guess that little batboy could fill in if he benched both of them (like any 'normal' team would have been able to do).  I hate Kearns, he is a rally-killing slug...but he's the 10 million dollar lemon Manny has to deal with.

My wife is pretty impressed with the bat boy, and thinks he is one of the best players on the team. He can fly. He needs to give baserunning clinics.