Author Topic: Nationals vs Giants, Game 1  (Read 16755 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Nationals vs Giants, Game 1
« Reply #475: June 02, 2009, 10:46:21 PM »
Yeah, there's no supposed Strasburg in next year's draft, so I don't care about tanking.  I want this team to win as much as they can.  I'm hoping for wins and I enjoy them.

It's just not nearly as fun as, like you said, if they were about 8 games under and crawling closer to .500.  That huge hole is a real buzzkill.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #476: June 02, 2009, 10:50:35 PM »
Yeah, there's no supposed Strasburg in next year's draft, so I don't care about tanking.  I want this team to win as much as they can.  I'm hoping for wins and I enjoy them.

It's just not nearly as fun as, like you said, if they were about 8 games under and crawling closer to .500.  That huge hole is a real buzzkill.
It is. I try to avoid looking at the standings as much as possible because it is so damn depressing.

We let things snowball so quickly and the losses just got out of hand.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #477: June 02, 2009, 10:54:23 PM »
With 14 Wins and 36 Losses, we are now on a pace to:
Win 45 and Lose 117 games in 2009, PhilWood!!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #478: June 02, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
Damn.  The Nats were one loss away from being 13-37 (leet).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #479: June 02, 2009, 11:33:24 PM »
Ok, this is outright hard to believe, but I've been to 4 game this year.  Zimmermann's first, Martis's complete game, the 12 inning loss to Philly, and tonight.  3 - 1. If anyone wants to pay for my tickets to additional games, let me know.

BTW - I was that nut in section 208 who was incessantly trying to start people clapping, yelling at the SF relief pitchers, and standing most of the bottom of the 7th and 8th.  While wearing my Red Sox cap.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #480: June 02, 2009, 11:35:31 PM »
Ok, this is outright hard to believe, but I've been to 4 game this year.  Zimmermann's first, Martis's complete game, the 12 inning loss to Philly, and tonight.  3 - 1. If anyone wants to pay for my tickets to additional games, let me know.

BTW - I was that nut in section 208 who was incessantly trying to start people clapping, yelling at the SF relief pitchers, and standing most of the bottom of the 7th and 8th.  While wearing my Red Sox cap.
I'm gonna pull a Hammonds and say my gameday thread beat Lincecum and got rid of St. Claire.  We're tackling world hunger next.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #481: June 02, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
I'm gonna pull a Hammonds and say my gameday thread beat Lincecum and got rid of St. Claire.  We're tackling world hunger next.

In that case, I'll take a cheeseburger, with fries.

You'd better set up tomorrow's Gameday thread immediately.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #482: June 02, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »
You'd better set up tomorrow's Gameday thread immediately.
I put it up first thing when I got to work this morning.  If it's not done then, I'll do it in the morning.  Don't want to mess with a good thing.  Yes, I'm superstitious like that.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #483: June 03, 2009, 10:05:30 AM »
Where's Minty when you need him?

I literally logged off the GDT when this happened.  I had a production meeting for a play that I'm working on and I got into my car to drive there, tuned in just in time to hear Charlie call that play and thought to myself, "just when you think the Nats have exhausted all possible ways to lost, Bard does this.  If you wrote a script about how bad a team is, you couldn't write it any better than how the Nats are already playing this out."

That's UNACCEPTABLE.  If Flores can't stay healthy this is a position of need to address this off-season.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #484: June 03, 2009, 10:15:52 AM »
Is that really how it works?  That seems awfully speculative to me.

Speculative, yes.  But that's why they call 2nd base "scoring position." 

..........Or is that from the Meatloaf song?

I can never remember.