Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 2  (Read 30891 times)

Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 2
« Reply #700: May 13, 2009, 01:50:15 AM »
Why doesn't anyone ask him about the kids in AAA?

You jerk, you haven't looked at everyone available.

You've just looked at the retreads we already have in the pen.

Jason "Beachball" Bergmann can be considered a re-re-re-tread. We already know what we are going to get from him. Clippard, might have some hope, but I wouldn't count on it.

Fact of the matter is, the Nationals have absolutely no one in their system that is going to stop the bleeding.

Online sportsfan882

« Reply #701: May 13, 2009, 01:54:19 AM »
Jason "Beachball" Bergmann can be considered a re-re-re-tread. We already know what we are going to get from him. Clippard, might have some hope, but I wouldn't count on it.

Fact of the matter is, the Nationals have absolutely no one in their system that is going to stop the bleeding.
Bergmann would be the best pitcher in our pen immediately upon being called up.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #702: May 13, 2009, 01:59:04 AM »

See I hear that... but yet until Clippard gets a legit shot, no one knows for sure what he brings. And in a 10-21 season... what do we have to lose in giving him an extended look?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #703: May 13, 2009, 02:38:50 AM »
funny question, what's more fat: Pablo Sandoval or the pitch that Beimel served up to Sandoval?

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #704: May 13, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »
WOW...I was too tired to stay up to the end of the game so I just checked the score and when I saw the final score I thought 'oh well that sucks but we got close'...and then I made the mistake of watching the highlights

I now get it, I now get why you are all so worked up and mean to each other. There's absolutely no reason for a team to have the 3rd highest avg and the 4th highest number of HRs in the NL and yet have the worst record in the majors. There's also no reason for a team to score 7 or more runs three games in a row and go 0-3.

ughhhhh....:-/

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #705: May 13, 2009, 09:52:18 AM »

I now get it, I now get why you are all so worked up and mean to each other.

It's getting a bit tiresome though. AZ called ME a dumbass :lol:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #706: May 13, 2009, 09:56:45 AM »
Bergmann would be the best pitcher in our pen immediately upon being called up.

with his career 5 era? I'd still take Biemel

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #707: May 13, 2009, 10:11:01 AM »
For those crapting on Beimel, remember what hes done OUT of the closer role. Hes been pretty solid for us. All of our relievers suck ass in our out of the closer role.

I would still keep him over anyone in the bullpen currently

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #708: May 13, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »
haha well that was fun.  i knew we'd come back but didn't expect to take the lead.  and then 2 outs and a walkoff against the freakin giants with our best relief pitcher on the bump?  well i've seen everything now. 

the look on manny's face said it all.  oh well at least i had a good night 8)

i'm sorry for letting you all down, i told you all we'd lose last night.