Author Topic: HOLY CRAP!  (Read 1331 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
HOLY CRAP!
« Topic Start: May 09, 2009, 11:23:48 PM »
Wow ... what a frickin game -- seriously, this is just nuts -- too whacky to buried in the game thread -- because my heart is still pounding ...

It's a bonafide win streak boys and girls!!

:clap:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: HOLY CRAP!
« Reply #1: May 09, 2009, 11:26:15 PM »
too whacky to buried in the game thread -- because my heart is still pounding ...

:icon_question:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #2: May 09, 2009, 11:26:33 PM »
Vintage game. Good to see us pull out the tums and roll aids victory. Looks like these guys might have more heart than we thought. Now if Rizzo would just fix the freaking bull pen.

« Reply #3: May 09, 2009, 11:29:02 PM »
I seriously doubt "heart" has anything to do with it. I think it is more that the Diamondbacks are just stupid. Swinging at that last pitch in tonight's game, Byrnes trying to steal third the game before... just stupidity that the Nationals are usually guilty of.

big dizzy

« Reply #4: May 09, 2009, 11:32:11 PM »
Nice to see hanrahan step up, i still say we give him a 2nd chance. Those vets out in that pen talking to him i think is making a difference. Pen was a little shaky but they still got the job done a total team effort tonight! Kearns was awesome in rt too! Noe lets sweep the snakes and get to san fran on a 4 game win streak. Oh yeah and we miss linctrum for sf he pitches tom against the dodgers.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #5: May 09, 2009, 11:33:12 PM »
It was cheap, it was trashy, but it was a win.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #6: May 09, 2009, 11:36:22 PM »
It was great -- it's exactly the kind of games we would otherwise lose -- but hell, we won -- we've been on the business end of bad luck and bone headed whackiness -  enough to last us a life time  -- 'bout time the crazy bounces went on our way -- I'll frickin take it!

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #7: May 09, 2009, 11:39:20 PM »
Yes big dizzy those crappy sliders bouncing in the dirt five feet in front of plate with Nieves dancing around catching them certainly earned that clown his sixth or seventh chance to attempt to close games.

NOTLD: "Heart" is code for not giving up against crappy teams who have as little talent as you do. It doesn't help win against good teams but comes up when there are dozens of missed opportunities on both sides. It is just simplier to say.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #8: May 09, 2009, 11:42:37 PM »
Yes big dizzy those crappy sliders bouncing in the dirt five feet in front of plate with Nieves dancing around catching them certainly earned that clown his sixth or seventh chance to attempt to close games.

This

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #9: May 09, 2009, 11:43:48 PM »
Oh, and nice to see felipe return to form -- douchebag

Offline spidernat

« Reply #10: May 09, 2009, 11:44:07 PM »
Oh, and nice to see felipe return to form -- douchebag

I thought you loved Lopez.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #11: May 09, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »
I thought you loved Lopez.

Seriously, I'm pissed I defended him -- just like ayala -- the way they obviously tanked when they were playing here irks me to no end -- wtf, have a little dignity and pride why don't you --  I deserve all the grief you want to give me for defending lopez' douchebaggery in the past ...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #12: May 09, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »
Seriously, I'm pissed I defended him -- just like ayala -- the way they obviously tanked when they were playing here irks me to no end -- wtf, have a little dignity and pride why don't you --  I deserve all the grief you want to give me for defending lopez' douchebaggery in the past ...
:clap:

Lopez is the biggest piece of dung that has ever put on a Nationals uniform. I laughed at his several FAILures tonight.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Offline spidernat

« Reply #14: May 09, 2009, 11:56:14 PM »

No I'm not giving you any grief about it. I just remember that you defended him at times and seemed a fan of his (also of Ayala).

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #15: May 09, 2009, 11:58:31 PM »
No I'm not giving you any grief about it. I just remember that you defended him at times and seemed a fan of his (also of Ayala).

I LOVED Ayala before his arm was shredded in the frickin WBC ... he was awesome -- did a lot of good things for this club till he decided to become a malcontent which disappointed me mightily -- I wouldn't have expected that from him ...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #16: May 10, 2009, 12:00:06 AM »
Oh .. .and they're replaying the game in HD now ...

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #17: May 10, 2009, 12:17:58 AM »
MLB.TV time. Woot!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #18: May 10, 2009, 12:23:10 AM »
the D-Backs are dreadful. the Nats are a thoroughly better ball club and should prove it with a sweep on Sunday.

big dizzy

« Reply #19: May 10, 2009, 12:35:44 AM »
thom all i saw was a strikeout to end the game, it doesn't matter how it comes about. i was impressed HE KEPT THE BALL DOWN.( maybe not that far down) But he kept the ball down in the zone, that's how you get paople out. Early in the season he would have been up in the zone  and got the ball cruched for the game winning run and we would have all been calling for his head on a stick. He was having trouble witt one pitch, the others looked good i thought

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #20: May 10, 2009, 12:39:06 AM »
A wild pitch would have lost the game as easily as a hit. He had no calm. He was throwing the ball not pitching. He has consistently failed at closing. Bringing him back just means we've thrown in towel. He's pitching just as badly or worse than when he lost the job.

I say keep rotating these clowns till we find someone anyone who can get the job done.

big dizzy

« Reply #21: May 10, 2009, 12:42:12 AM »
5.5 out of first and rising! pit 6.5 out, balt & clev 7 out, pads 8.5 out, ariz & col 9.5 out! We' re in great shape compared to those clubs.

big dizzy

« Reply #22: May 10, 2009, 12:45:22 AM »
No, the big difference is location of his pitches. Before he was up in the zone, now he is down. If he can stop walking batters and keep the ball down in the zone, he'll succeed. Whatever pitch he was throwing in the dirt ALSO GOT HIM THE LAST STRIKE TO END THE GAME. :)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #23: May 10, 2009, 12:45:53 AM »
Hanrahan CLEARLY cannot handle pressure. period.  He's only really good as a mop-up guy, or pitching with a huge lead. 

put him in any pressure situation and he melts. He melted tonight.

the difference is tonight the DBacks swung at crap they had no business swinging at. if they had just kept the bat on their shoulders, Hanrahan would have walked in the tying and winning runs.

I don't want to see hanrahan in a close/late game ever again. let him pitch n long relief when we are getting blown out. there he'll pitch well enough to give the offense some time to perhaps get something going.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #24: May 10, 2009, 12:46:02 AM »
I see rain, and you see Brigadoon.  Cool, I like your optimism

5.5 out of first and rising! pit 6.5 out, balt & clev 7 out, pads 8.5 out, ariz & col 9.5 out! We' re in great shape compared to those clubs.