Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 36793 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #925: May 10, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »
From me they get what they deserve. If they play well they get credit. If they suck they get ripped. It's simple really.

Redemption is this year's Vindication.  :?

yeah but some of you guys thought RZ was overrated and would never be a stud.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #926: May 10, 2009, 12:57:39 AM »
yeah but some of you guys thought RZ was overrated and would never be a stud.

So you've concluded that he is a stud over the recent hot streak?    What are you going to say when he goes into a funk? Will you say he is a bum?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #927: May 10, 2009, 01:00:43 AM »

So you've concluded that he is a stud over the recent hot streak?    What are you going to say when he goes into a funk? Will you say he is a bum?
obviously he is not going to hit like this all season but if he can play anywhere close to this for the rest of the season he will be one of the best 3B men in the game.

He is far superior to David Wright it's not even a comparison. The only guy I would put on RZ's level right now is Longoria.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #928: May 10, 2009, 01:12:04 AM »
thank god Flores is okay. X-rays negative.

One injury update: Flores, who was struck by a foul ball in the seventh, has a right shoulder contusion. X-rays were negative. Tonight, Flores managed to stay in the game for two innings after the injury -- "the adrenaline in that moment, I didn't really feel sore," Flores explained -- but he departed in the ninth for Wil Nieves. Flores will be held out of the lineup tomorrow.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #929: May 10, 2009, 02:01:57 AM »
He is far superior to David Wright it's not even a comparison. The only guy I would put on RZ's level right now is Longoria.

SF speaks the truth.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #930: May 10, 2009, 07:36:25 AM »
The view from Phoenix;

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/

D-Backs drop another to Nationals
The woeful Washington Nationals held on for a 2-1 victory vs. the D-Backs on Saturday in Phoenix.

:rofl:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diamondbacks/articles/2009/05/09/20090509spt-dbgameonline.html

Not only did their second game under new skipper A.J. Hinch feature a game that began with the roof closed and ended with it open, but the Diamondbacks were victims of one of the rarer putouts you'll see in baseball.

But when the ball hit the grass, Lopez charged home and Kearns made a great throw to catcher Jesus Flores, who stretched for the catch and kept his foot on the plate long enough to record a force-out of an embarrassed Lopez.  :rofl:

Hinch couldn't criticize Lopez for the force-out at home, saying he was "caught in between," but he did say Lopez didn't show enough hustle on a groundout to first in the fifth, when Adam Dunn mishandled the ball and Lopez appeared to let up as he reached the bag.

"We had a talk about it," Hinch said.  :rofl:

Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman extended his hitting streak to 27 games with an eighth-inning solo home run. It's the longest streak in the majors since the Mets' Moises Alou hit in 30 consecutive games in 2007, from Aug. 23 to Sept. 26.  :worship:

Dunn, who spent the latter part of 2008 with the Diamondbacks, homered for the second consecutive night. His shot to center field, his ninth of the year, was estimated at 442 feet. Zimmerman's traveled an estimated 422 feet.  :worship:

Doug Davis (2-5) took the loss for Arizona, although he allowed only one run on four hits in six innings.

"Tomorrow's a new day and we'll get back at it," Davis said. " . . . But if guys don't know what the situation is, they should look in the mirror."  :rofl:

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #931: May 10, 2009, 10:27:08 AM »
Did the Kearns throw to home count as a hit?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #932: May 10, 2009, 11:05:53 AM »
what a terrible walk. unacceptable.
pathetic John. He's walking these stupid ass hitters that can't even hit. not good at all.
and that's what he gets for walking crappy lead-off batters. inexcusable.
freaking Lannan won't throw strikes!!1 god dmanit son of a nag :bang:

A little medley I put together of SF's posts in this thread.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #933: May 10, 2009, 11:58:18 AM »
A little medley I put together of SF's posts in this thread.
good work :clap:

those walks were pathetic and inexcusable but he still got out of all the jams.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #934: May 10, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »

You're basing this on Zimmerman's current numbers and in the process you conclude this makes him much better than Wright in spite of the fact that Wright's numbers speak for themselves and actually say the exact opposite of what you are saying. You are as bad as the Freaking Awesome Guy.   

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #935: May 10, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »
You're basing this on Zimmerman's current numbers and in the process you conclude this makes him much better than Wright in spite of the fact that Wright's numbers speak for themselves and actually say the exact opposite of what you are saying. You are as bad as the Freaking Awesome Guy.   
wake up man. RZ is better than Wright whether you will admit it or not. Longoria is the only 3B-man in baseball who is superior to RZ at this point.

If RZ doesn't win the gold glove this year it would be a crime.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #936: May 10, 2009, 12:04:45 PM »
wake up man. 

It would be interesting to see how many morons around here actually think like you, besides the Freaking Awesome Guy.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #937: May 10, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »
haha of course espn loves us now.  on baseball tonight they karl ravech (who i'm a big fan of) said after doing the nationals-diamondbacks highlights  "and the nationals winning some ballgames, an excellent road trip for them so far" ... someone in the background said "they really are building things there" and another voice chimed in, "that's going to be a fun team to watch for the next few years".

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #938: May 10, 2009, 12:05:40 PM »
good work :clap:

those walks were pathetic and inexcusable but he still got out of all the jams.

danny cabrera left us in a position to win the STL ballgame, and they both gave up 9 hits/walks in 6 innings, yet you ripped d-crab for a very similar performance.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #939: May 10, 2009, 12:06:39 PM »
haha of course espn loves us now.  on baseball tonight they karl ravech (who i'm a big fan of) said after doing the nationals-diamondbacks highlights  "and the nationals winning some ballgames, an excellent road trip for them so far" ... someone in the background said "they really are building things there" and another voice chimed in, "that's going to be a fun team to watch for the next few years".

:lol: nice.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #940: May 10, 2009, 12:10:30 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

It would be interesting to see how many morons around here actually think like you, besides the Freaking Awesome Guy.
.336 BA/.387 OBP/.568 SLG

on pace for: 62 Doubles, 34 HRs, 118 RBIs,

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #941: May 10, 2009, 12:15:11 PM »
wake up man. RZ is better than Wright whether you will admit it or not. Longoria is the only 3B-man in baseball who is superior to RZ at this point.

Objectively, and evaluating using VORP, Michael Young is edging him out and Longoria is kicking his ass.

I think your jumping the gun; there are roughly twenty of so 3B who have historically outplayed Zimmerman. Is this his year, maybe but it ain't over till its over.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #942: May 10, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »
Objectively, and evaluating using VORP, Michael Young is edging him out and Longoria is kicking his ass.

I think your jumping the gun; there are roughly twenty of so 3B who have historically outplayed Zimmerman. Is this his year, maybe but it ain't over till its over.
twenty? that's bullcrap.

does VORP measure defense?

Offline Burgess

• K MONSTER!
« Reply #943: May 10, 2009, 12:39:14 PM »

If RZ doesn't win the gold glove this year it would be a crime.

No, RZ isn't better then Wright. Wright is the superior hitter, he is a consistent 30HR-100RBI guy with an OBP of around .380. The guy is awesome and RZ is slightly better defensively imo but Wright is just a better player even though RZ is close.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #944: May 10, 2009, 12:55:50 PM »
twenty? that's bullcrap.

does VORP measure defense?

Zimmerman has been more wishful thinking than objective measure so far. In 2008  exactly twenty people out performed him offensively. In 2005 more than twenty. He's never cracked the top ten for a full season. Right now he's on a hot streak, and ranked #3 in VORP. 

He plays for a crappy team which more than makes up for his defense in the crooked way golden gloves get handed out. 

Do I want him to have a breakout year? Yes. Does wishing make him better than he is right now? No. He'll be lucky to hold onto his VORP spot with A-ROD returning. I suspect he'll rank somewhere around 10th this year. 

Of course, VORP doesn't measure defense but it probably is a better predictor of how he''ll be compared to other third baseman than your homerism. .

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #945: May 10, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
I'd take Zim's glove over Wright anyday of the week, but Wright in the past has proven to be a better hitter (in a better line-up too).  But right now at this moment, Zimmerman is having a better season than Wright and you can't question that. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #946: May 10, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
I'd take Zim's glove over Wright anyday of the week, but Wright in the past has proven to be a better hitter (in a better line-up too).  But right now at this moment, Zimmerman is having a better season than Wright and you can't question that. 
QFT. RZ is better right now.

dude make today's game thread 8)

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #947: May 10, 2009, 01:20:27 PM »
But right now at this moment, Zimmerman is having a better season than Wright and you can't question that. 

Zimmerman is kicking ass and I'm loving it. He just might be having that breakout year everyone has been hoping for around here. I hope so. Yet to stand here today and say he is the 2nd best 3rd baseman in the game is homerism.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #948: May 10, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
I would say Zimmerman is top 6 3b currently. Averaging all stats, Defense and Offense, I would think he ranks pretty high. Thats just me though

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #949: May 10, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »
hammonds, wtf? make the thread