Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 35346 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #25: May 09, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
*looking frantically for a radio in his house lmao*

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #26: May 09, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »
No Dibble again?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #27: May 09, 2009, 07:46:10 PM »
LOL wooooooow :shock:
Quote from: Phil Wood
[Davis] is probably better known for surviving cancer
That's almost as bad as Carpenter saying that Felipe Lopez' dad used to "beat him up" last night
QFT. Davis is a league average pitcher. not complete garbage but he is a guy the Nats must score runs off of.

4.31 Career ERA.

Yeah but that's not the point :lol: you just don't say crap like that on air - either of those things

No Dibble again?

He's on vacation in his home in LA, rejoining the team for the Giants series.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #28: May 09, 2009, 07:49:46 PM »
Phil Wood talked about Zimmerman's hitting streak and made a sarcastic statement about people on message boards figuring out a countdown to when he will break DiMaggio's streak. While he is right that it's too soon to be thinking of that at this point, he seems to be up to date on what is said on message boards.

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #29: May 09, 2009, 07:50:38 PM »
Starting Ronny B to showcase him for his future trade or good #s vs. davis

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #30: May 09, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
Phil Wood talked about Zimmerman's hitting streak and made a sarcastic statement about people on message boards figuring out a countdown to when he will break DiMaggio's streak. While he is right that it's too soon to be thinking of that at this point, he seems to be up to date on what is said on message boards.

he posts here, don't you know? his face is his avatar.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #31: May 09, 2009, 07:51:14 PM »
I wonder if I can post my totally generic opinion about former Nats players and get a plug on Nats Xtra? :roll:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #32: May 09, 2009, 07:51:41 PM »
Nats320's blog is getting air time right now. That dude is a moron. his writing testifies to that.

Natskins gets his post read on the air. He is a member here too, isn't he?

The other plug was for BPG.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #33: May 09, 2009, 07:52:26 PM »
Me too.  I'm in Miss. for a wedding today.  Maybe extra bathroom breaks?

I was in Dallas once for a wedding, and the Skins beat the Cowboys. We kept sneaking out for updates, and after the win I gloated like hell :D

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #34: May 09, 2009, 07:53:14 PM »
Nats320's blog is getting air time right now. That dude is a moron. his writing testifies to that.

Isn't BPG dead?

Natskins is cool - was his plug from the MLB board? Maybe I need post some whacked out stuff there to get on TV :lol:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #35: May 09, 2009, 07:53:32 PM »

No offense to anyone here, but we are all way too negative and outspoken (and I include myself in that assessment) to ever get free face time from the organization.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #36: May 09, 2009, 07:53:39 PM »
He's on vacation in his home in LA, rejoining the team for the Giants series.

Bummer, thanks.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #37: May 09, 2009, 07:53:43 PM »
I wonder if I can post my totally generic opinion about former Nats players and get a plug on Nats Xtra? :roll:

I'm going to write NatsXtra to direct them to this site so they can quote one of us here. NOTLD already got some airtime and it's only a matter of time before he is read again (his stuff is actually kind of decent  :lol:) Who do you think should be quoted from this site? Certainly not that Freaking Awesome Guy.  :?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #38: May 09, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
I was in Dallas once for a wedding, and the Skins beat the Cowboys. We kept sneaking out for updates, and after the win I gloated like hell :D

You should've stayed there for the good of the Skins (among others :?).  :lol:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #39: May 09, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »

I'm going to write NatsXtra to direct them to this site so they can quote one of us here. NOTLD already got some airtime and it's only a matter of time before he is read again (his stuff is actually kind of decent  :lol:) Who do you think should be quoted from this site? Certainly not that Freaking Awesome Guy.  :?

I'd love to see a stereotypical AZ post read during the game.  I don't care what you guys think, that would be hilarious :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #40: May 09, 2009, 07:55:54 PM »
LOL wooooooow :shock:

That's almost as bad as Carpenter saying that Felipe Lopez' dad used to "beat him up" last night

I believe his abuse was far worse than that. . .  I feel for the guy in that respect, but he doesn't have to be such a douche about the Nats.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #41: May 09, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
I believe his abuse was far worse than that. . .  I feel for the guy in that respect, but he doesn't have to be such a douche about the Nats.

My point was just that it was none of Bob's business to be talking about that kind of stuff during the broadcast.  I sure as hell wouldn't want people airing out my troubled childhood on-air.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #42: May 09, 2009, 07:57:21 PM »
Isn't BPG dead?

Natskins is cool - was his plug from the MLB board? Maybe I need post some whacked out stuff there to get on TV :lol:

Yeah it was from the MLB board and it had to do with our pitching getting bashed by people yet they seem to overlook how improve our offense has been. While he is right, just because our offense has improved doesn't mean we overlook the dismal pitching we're getting out of the bullpen.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #43: May 09, 2009, 07:57:26 PM »
I'd love to see a stereotypical AZ post read during the game.  I don't care what you guys think, that would be hilarious :lol:

Usually I like the guy. He can be way off or dead on with his assesments, because of his rose-colored glasses. He must have a pretty good sense of humor or thick skin anyway. I ignored him for like a week once, then he said something eminently sensible, and I haven't cared since.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #44: May 09, 2009, 07:57:57 PM »
he posts here, don't you know? his face is his avatar.
is that him?

if not does he post on here?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #45: May 09, 2009, 07:58:02 PM »
My point was just that it was none of Bob's business to be talking about that kind of stuff during the broadcast.  I sure as hell wouldn't want people airing out my troubled childhood on-air.

Yeah I got that - I meant that Carp was even wrong with his prying.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #46: May 09, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
is that him?

if not does he post on here?

Knock on Wood is a pretty funny satire.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #47: May 09, 2009, 07:59:27 PM »

Yeah I think it was much worse. I think wpa filled us in on what it was like not because she was there firsthand but because she read it somewhere.

I agree with you Chief and when Carpenter mentioned it Knight was caught off guard and he was evidently blown by the revelation.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #48: May 09, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »
can someone remind me of what exactly Phil Wood has done within the game of Baseball that makes him more that just a glorified blogger/message board poster who happened to get a TV Gig?

and I'm looking for serious answers here, not snark.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #49: May 09, 2009, 08:02:06 PM »
can someone remind me of what exactly Phil Wood has done within the game of Baseball that makes him more that just a glorified blogger/message board poster who happened to get a TV Gig?

and I'm looking for serious answers here, not snark.

*crickets*