Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1  (Read 8768 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online houston-nat

  • Posts: 14927
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #525: May 09, 2009, 12:20:31 AM »
It's not a leadoff wak, Bob.
wakka wakka!

Offline PC

  • Posts: 36896
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #526: May 09, 2009, 12:20:35 AM »
I don't care what the numbers say, swinging at the first pitch is a bad idea.

Online houston-nat

  • Posts: 14927
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #527: May 09, 2009, 12:20:55 AM »
Git er Dunn!

Offline ronnynat

  • Posts: 23170
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #528: May 09, 2009, 12:22:05 AM »
Wow, that was low as crap.

Online sportsfan882

  • Posts: 77963
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #529: May 09, 2009, 12:22:22 AM »
crap, little low but he really needs to stop taking so many fastballs for called strikes.

Offline eagleskins

  • BANNED FOREVER
  • Posts: 2946
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #530: May 09, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »
No way we win this game.  No way. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

  • Posts: 13843
  • Lerners = Bluth family
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #531: May 09, 2009, 12:22:28 AM »
Ridiculous strike zone on that count.  There were about 2-3 pitches that should've been balls that were called strikes.

freak this ump.

Offline ronnynat

  • Posts: 23170
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #532: May 09, 2009, 12:22:36 AM »
Come on, whoever the freak is closing!!

Online sportsfan882

  • Posts: 77963
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #533: May 09, 2009, 12:23:30 AM »
No way we win this game.  No way. 
I'd give us a 45% chance and the D'backs a 55% chance.

Offline EdStroud

  • Posts: 8010
  • It is what the Nats crave
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #534: May 09, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »
96 and high tough to square up

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 29978
  • Very 2014. Wow.
    • http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #535: May 09, 2009, 12:23:39 AM »
All 3 of those strikes seemed like bullcrap to me, but esp. that last one :?

Offline PC

  • Posts: 36896
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #536: May 09, 2009, 12:24:27 AM »
That homeplate umpire must have money on the Diamondbacks.

Offline EdStroud

  • Posts: 8010
  • It is what the Nats crave
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #537: May 09, 2009, 12:24:34 AM »
Its Kipper to close it

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 29978
  • Very 2014. Wow.
    • http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #538: May 09, 2009, 12:24:36 AM »
crap, little low but he really needs to stop taking so many fastballs for called strikes.

If he didn't take he'd strike out more and walk less, and then you'd be riding his ass even harder :roll:

Online sportsfan882

  • Posts: 77963
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #539: May 09, 2009, 12:25:10 AM »
If he didn't take he'd strike out more and walk less, and then you'd be riding his ass even harder :roll:
no seriously, lately he has taken far too many fastballs down the middle. usually he crushes those pitches.

Offline skippy1999

  • Posts: 2869
  • Should be our manager
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #540: May 09, 2009, 12:25:36 AM »
Matt Williams on the Dbacks broadcast said he thought Byrnes would go.  Said Tavarez isn't great at holding runners on and should have been able to get a good jump and "sneak attack".

Wow, he's incredibly stupid, people rarely try to steal on Julian.

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 29978
  • Very 2014. Wow.
    • http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #541: May 09, 2009, 12:25:38 AM »
Can anyone in our pen throw strikes??? >:(

Offline PC

  • Posts: 36896
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #542: May 09, 2009, 12:25:41 AM »
Manny shouldn't have made defensive substitutions.

Offline Coladar

  • Posts: 2808
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #543: May 09, 2009, 12:25:53 AM »
I just got home from seeing Star Trek, but this is why Manny needs to go. What the fing hell is Kip Wells doing in a 9th inning one run game after last night? F you Manny.

Offline EdStroud

  • Posts: 8010
  • It is what the Nats crave
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #544: May 09, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »
Harris should be LF
Dukes in Center

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 29978
  • Very 2014. Wow.
    • http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #545: May 09, 2009, 12:26:05 AM »
no seriously, lately he has taken far too many fastballs down the middle. usually he crushes those pitches.

Dude, none of those pitches were down the middle.  They were barely strikes at all.

Online houston-nat

  • Posts: 14927
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #546: May 09, 2009, 12:26:10 AM »
Great, a walk?

Online houston-nat

  • Posts: 14927
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #547: May 09, 2009, 12:26:42 AM »
Dude, none of those pitches were down the middle.  They were barely strikes at all.
This.

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 29978
  • Very 2014. Wow.
    • http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #548: May 09, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
Well at least the terrible calls are going both ways.

Offline PC

  • Posts: 36896
Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 1
« Reply #549: May 09, 2009, 12:26:48 AM »
Can anyone in our pen throw strikes??? >:(

Not intentionally. Strikes for this bullpen are purely happenstance.