Author Topic: MMA and Boxing  (Read 23621 times)

Offline BerkeleyNat

Re: MMA and Boxing
« Reply #175: March 11, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »
I had Salido comfortably ahead. I don't know what the freak those judges were thinking. Lopez was getting outworked and out punched. And I don't know what Lopez was thinking when he said he was dominating the fight when it was stopped. The referee saved his ass because he was pretty much out on his feet and could've gotten hurt if Salido had been allowed to resume the assault. Maybe he knew that the fix was in. Yet he had the audacity to accuse the ref of having money on the fight.

Lopez might have actually won two rounds. One of those rounds was the one where he knocked Salido down. He was actually losing that round until he got the knockdown. That was a definitely a 10-9 round in his favor. I actually thought the referee waited longer than he should have before calling the fight. Lopez was clearly out of it when he first got up off the mat. I see no reason why Salido, especially after the way Lopez acted, would give him a third fight. If they do fight again, I'm sure Salido would not fight in Puerto Rico again. He was well on his way to getting screwed if he had not knocked out Lopez.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #176: March 11, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
No doubt. I commend him for going right back into Lopez' backyard for the rematch but there is no way he should agree to fight there again. The next one, if there is a next one, should be in his country where he can have the Mexican support behind him. Salido is a freaking warrior though. I had respect for Lopez as well but I lost some of it after the way he whined about gambling conspiracies and how he was dominating Lopez and in saying that he was fully conscious when he got up. Had the ref let the fight continue it would've been target practice for Salido and he may have seriously hurt him. But yeah I agree with you. Lopez had only won two rounds (maybe) and one of the ones he won, as you noted, was due to Salido having a defensive lapse and letting the short right hand drop him at the end of the round.

What I thought was funny was that Lopez blamed the loss in their last bout on his marital problems and this time around his now ex wife was in the ring consoling him (holding him up actually) after he was TKO'd.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #177: March 11, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
No doubt. I commend him for going right back into Lopez' backyard for the rematch but there is no way he should agree to fight there again. The next one, if there is a next one, should be in his country where he can have the Mexican support behind him. Salido is a freaking warrior though. I had respect for Lopez as well but I lost some of it after the way he whined about gambling conspiracies and how he was dominating Lopez and in saying that he was fully conscious when he got up. Had the ref let the fight continue it would've been target practice for Salido and he may have seriously hurt him. But yeah I agree with you. Lopez had only won two rounds (maybe) and one of the ones he won, as you noted, was due to Salido having a defensive lapse and letting the short right hand drop him at the end of the round.

Salido is definitely a freaking warrior. Lopez hit him with some hard shots, but he just walked right through them. It looked like the punch that knocked Salido down just caught him a little off balance. I don't think it hurt him. I think Lopez was trying to slow down the fight at the start, but he just gave in and started brawling in the middle rounds. You could tell that some of Salido's punches were hurting him.

What I thought was funny was that Lopez blamed the loss in their last bout on his marital problems and this time around his now ex wife was in the ring consoling him (holding him up actually) after he was TKO'd.

I thought that was funny too.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #178: March 11, 2012, 04:01:26 PM »
I think the shot that Lopez landed was a compact right hand that caught Salido flush on the jaw and had him staggered for a minute but as you said Salido is a tough SOB. That crap just made him madder.  :lol:

Speaking of awful judges' decisions, did you see the fight last month between Tavoris Cloud and Gabriel Campillo? Campillo whopped his ass the entire fight and the disgraceful judges not only gave the decision to Cloud but the decision was lopsided in his favor! Those judges should be investigated and their licenses revoked. There is no way they should be making a living scoring fights. The decision was so bad that when it was announced, Cloud's momma fainted in the ring. Even she knew that her son had got his ass handed to him so the decision shocked her to the point of passing out in the ring.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #179: March 11, 2012, 04:29:44 PM »
Speaking of awful judges' decisions, did you see the fight last month between Tavoris Cloud and Gabriel Campillo? Campillo whopped his ass the entire fight and the disgraceful judges not only gave the decision to Cloud but the decision was lopsided in his favor! Those judges should be investigated and their licenses revoked. There is no way they should be making a living scoring fights. The decision was so bad that when it was announced, Cloud's momma fainted in the ring. Even she knew that her son had got his ass handed to him so the decision shocked her to the point of passing out in the ring.

I did see that fight and I was shocked when they announced the decision. Those judges should never judge another professional fight. What's even more sad is that the IBF denied Campillo's appeal for an immediate rematch, basically saying that they didn't see anything wrong with the decision. crap like that gives the sport a black eye.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #180: March 24, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
James Kirkland is getting his ass handed to him by Carlos Molina.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #181: March 24, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
James Kirkland is getting his ass handed to him by Carlos Molina.

What a crazy ending! That was BS.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #182: April 22, 2012, 03:49:11 AM »
Rory MacDonald is a freaking star. Che Mills is a damn good fighter, but MacDonald made him look like a nag.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #183: June 10, 2012, 01:15:36 AM »
There is no freaking way that Bradley won that fight.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #184: June 10, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »
There is no freaking way that Bradley won that fight.

I've watched it twice now. Bradley MAYBE won 4 rounds. Ridiculous decision.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #185: June 10, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »
Crooked decision in a crooked sport? Is anyone defending it?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #186: June 10, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
Look at the effect years of Boxing had on Mohammad Ali!  Yeah, that's something for all these fighters to look forward to!   :roll:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #187: June 10, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »
Look at the effect years of Boxing had on Mohammad Ali!  Yeah, that's something for all these fighters to look forward to!   :roll:

Look at the effect years of football had on alot of players. Yeah, that's something for all of these football players to look forward to!  :roll:

Something tells me you'll still be watching football this fall.  :?

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #188: June 10, 2012, 11:59:55 AM »
Yes...that was a ridiculous decision. There is no way Bradley won that fight.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #189: June 10, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »
The only ones I've heard defending the decision are Mayweather cock-eaters who believe that in order to be a Mayweather fan you have to denounce everything about Pacquiao. But I have yet to hear one media talking head say that the decision was just. Even Teddy Atlas, who is a Mayweather guy and who seems to take subtle shots at Pacquiao, said last night that this was another instance where boxing showed how corrupt it can be. He said that Pacquiao's contract with Arum expired with last night's fight and Pacquaio has decided not to re-sign with Arum and he could see how that influenced the crooked decision. I'm assuming he meant to say Arum made sure this happened as a punishment to Pacquaio for not re-signing with him as promoter for future bouts.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #190: June 10, 2012, 12:50:08 PM »
The only ones I've heard defending the decision are Mayweather cock-eaters who believe that in order to be a Mayweather fan you have to denounce everything about Pacquiao. But I have yet to hear one media talking head say that the decision was just. Even Teddy Atlas, who is a Mayweather guy and who seems to take subtle shots at Pacquiao, said last night that this was another instance where boxing showed how corrupt it can be. He said that Pacquiao's contract with Arum expired with last night's fight and Pacquaio has decided not to re-sign with Arum and he could see how that influenced the crooked decision. I'm assuming he meant to say Arum made sure this happened as a punishment to Pacquaio for not re-signing with him as promoter for future bouts.

Maybe, but this is what Arum said after the match:

"Something like this is so outlandish, it's a death knell for the sport. This is f------ nuts. I have both guys, and I'll make a lot of money in the rematch, but it's ridiculous. You have these old f---- who don't know what the hell they're looking at. It's incompetence. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could have Bradley ahead in the fight."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8032206/manny-pacquiao-shocked-split-decision-loss-timothy-bradley-jr

Offline spidernat

« Reply #191: June 10, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
I wouldn't expect any different from him. Of course if he has Bradley in his camp already he has to know that the contract had a provision for an automatic rematch if Bradley beat Pacquaio so he could still cash in on Pacquaio's next fight plus freak him in the ass on his way out for not re-signing with him. But Teddy Atlas did sound kind of drunk in the interview so who knows.  :lol:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #192: June 10, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »
Maybe, but this is what Arum said after the match:

"Something like this is so outlandish, it's a death knell for the sport. This is f------ nuts. I have both guys, and I'll make a lot of money in the rematch, but it's ridiculous. You have these old f---- who don't know what the hell they're looking at. It's incompetence. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could have Bradley ahead in the fight."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8032206/manny-pacquiao-shocked-split-decision-loss-timothy-bradley-jr

He practiced that speech all day yesterday.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #193: June 10, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
I wouldn't expect any different from him. Of course if he has Bradley in his camp already he has to know that the contract had a provision for an automatic rematch if Bradley beat Pacquaio so he could still cash in on Pacquaio's next fight plus freak him in the ass on his way out for not re-signing with him. But Teddy Atlas did sound kind of drunk in the interview so who knows.  :lol:

I love boxing, but it is such a dirty freaking business.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #194: June 10, 2012, 03:02:14 PM »
I have not seen or heard ANYONE defend that decision. not even Mayweather fans.

Hell, Mayweather`s dad had pacquiao winning. 

Also read a rumor that Mayweather himself talked to a media guy from jail and said Pacquiao won.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #195: June 10, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »
For clarification, the ones I alluded to are not in the media. I meant people I personally know who are Mayweather fans and therefore hate Pacquiao.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #196: June 10, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
I mean the same, Spidey. Nobody i know or have talked to about the fight thought that Bradley won.

Bradley won 2 rounds, tops.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #197: June 10, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
I guess the ones I know are really die hard Mayweather fans. There is one specifically that I always call out for being bias because of his Mayweather love and when the decision came in last night he tried to justify it. I told him never to talk to me about boxing again. I read in an article that according to Arum when he talked to Bradley in the corner before the decision that Bradley told him that he tried everything he could but could not beat Pacquiao.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #198: June 10, 2012, 03:19:50 PM »
This quote says everything that needs to be said:

"I need to go home and check the tape and see if I won the fight."

said by Timothy Bradley, TWICE, during his in-ring postfight interview.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #199: September 10, 2012, 12:29:12 AM »
ronnynat did you catch the Ajose/Matthysse fight last night? Matthysse is a beast. If he had been in the ring with a fighter any less of a warrior than Ajose the fight would've ended much sooner. Ajose took some bombs that would've knocked out most fighters in that weight class.

What do you think about the Alvarez/Lopez fight for next Saturday?