Author Topic: MMA and Boxing  (Read 23612 times)

Offline BerkeleyNat

Re: MMA and Boxing
« Reply #175: March 11, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
No doubt. I commend him for going right back into Lopez' backyard for the rematch but there is no way he should agree to fight there again. The next one, if there is a next one, should be in his country where he can have the Mexican support behind him. Salido is a freaking warrior though. I had respect for Lopez as well but I lost some of it after the way he whined about gambling conspiracies and how he was dominating Lopez and in saying that he was fully conscious when he got up. Had the ref let the fight continue it would've been target practice for Salido and he may have seriously hurt him. But yeah I agree with you. Lopez had only won two rounds (maybe) and one of the ones he won, as you noted, was due to Salido having a defensive lapse and letting the short right hand drop him at the end of the round.

Salido is definitely a freaking warrior. Lopez hit him with some hard shots, but he just walked right through them. It looked like the punch that knocked Salido down just caught him a little off balance. I don't think it hurt him. I think Lopez was trying to slow down the fight at the start, but he just gave in and started brawling in the middle rounds. You could tell that some of Salido's punches were hurting him.

What I thought was funny was that Lopez blamed the loss in their last bout on his marital problems and this time around his now ex wife was in the ring consoling him (holding him up actually) after he was TKO'd.

I thought that was funny too.