Author Topic: Chat Room?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
Chat Room?
« Topic Start: April 19, 2009, 11:01:44 PM »
Anyway we can get a chat room on here?  It's great for ultimate meltdowns after games where people can vent and vent quickly?

Thanks,
HammondsNats

Offline Obed_Marsh

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    • Photos
Re: Chat Room?
« Reply #1: April 19, 2009, 11:07:10 PM »
This one looks pretty cool. http://www.123flashchat.com/smf-chat.html

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #2: April 20, 2009, 12:06:44 AM »
Oh my gosh, I already waste enough time on here. Do you realize how much my productivity would plummet if we got a chat room?

Offline 2k6nats

• All in on the Nats
« Reply #3: April 20, 2009, 01:10:25 AM »
It's been tried, and hasn't worked at all.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #4: April 20, 2009, 01:18:45 AM »
chat room has it's advantages and disadvantages. yes, you can post real-time and very quickly. much better for short quick thoughts. having a chat room though you can't make long posts and post images and stuff like that. posts in the game thread are saved for people to read forever and post their thoughts whenever they want. chat stuff isn't saved for posterity.

i prefer game threads myself but I used to participate in Wizards chats a few years ago with like 10 other people from the RealGM boards. no one posts in the game threads though if you open up chat.

Offline hammondsnats

• LAC 8)
« Reply #5: April 20, 2009, 01:33:36 AM »
chat room has it's advantages and disadvantages. yes, you can post real-time and very quickly. much better for short quick thoughts. having a chat room though you can't make long posts and post images and stuff like that. posts in the game thread are saved for people to read forever and post their thoughts whenever they want. chat stuff isn't saved for posterity.

i prefer game threads myself but I used to participate in Wizards chats a few years ago with like 10 other people from the RealGM boards. no one posts in the game threads though if you open up chat.

i'm talking after games/before games ... can even try scheduled times.

just an idea.