Author Topic: Nintendo DS  (Read 3822 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Nintendo DS
« Topic Start: May 28, 2006, 11:26:25 PM »
I just bought one, came with Mario Kart DS.

anyone here happen to play on the Nintendo WiFi Connection?

TextileWolf

Nintendo DS
« Reply #1: June 21, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »
I just recently picked one up.  I'd be willing to play.  I don't have mine in front of me, but I'll give you the friend code tonight.  How's that?

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #2: June 25, 2006, 10:04:14 PM »
Quote from: "TextileWolf"
I just recently picked one up.  I'd be willing to play.  I don't have mine in front of me, but I'll give you the friend code tonight.  How's that?

meh...I traded my DS for Store Credit towards paying for an Xbox 360.

somewhere down the line, I'll pick up another DS, when their really good games start coming out, probably around christmas.

Offline UMDNats

Nintendo DS
« Reply #3: June 26, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »
Madison, get Xbox Live when you get a 360. And get GRAW. Hit me up with a friend request if you do.
Gamertag: mostwanted108

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #4: June 26, 2006, 09:21:44 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
Madison, get Xbox Live when you get a 360. And get GRAW. Hit me up with a friend request if you do.
Gamertag: mostwanted108

added you.

my Gamertag is MrMadison.

GRAW is going to be my next Game Purchase.  I had to play the Demo for a bit first, because I bought GRAW for PC and it absolutely SUCKED.  so I had to download the Demo, just to make sure I wouldn't be wasting my money again.

Offline UMDNats

Nintendo DS
« Reply #5: June 28, 2006, 12:00:41 PM »
Accepted your friend request. Thought it ws you ;). GRAW for 360 is AMAZING. If you want some fun and have some extra cash, spend 15 bucks on microsoft points and buy the Chapter 2 stuff. It's awesome.

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #6: June 28, 2006, 04:35:55 PM »
I got Burnout Revenge coming in from Gamefly. :)  awesome game.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Nintendo DS
« Reply #7: June 28, 2006, 05:51:01 PM »
I don't understand how the Xbox 360 version of a game can be so much better than the PC version when it's almost guaranteed that one of them is just a port of the other  :|

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #8: June 28, 2006, 06:07:02 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
I don't understand how the Xbox 360 version of a game can be so much better than the PC version when it's almost guaranteed that one of them is just a port of the other  :|

I don't understand it either.

but the 360 version is AWESOME and the PC version is horrendous.   it's like they are two completely different games.

go figure.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Nintendo DS
« Reply #9: June 28, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

but the 360 version is AWESOME and the PC version is horrendous.   it's like they are two completely different games.

go figure.

What exactly is so different about them?

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #10: June 28, 2006, 09:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "JMadisonIV"

go figure.

What exactly is so different about them?

well, first off...GRAW 360 is a Third-Person Shooter(over the Shoulder), with a First-Person Option.

GRAW PC is a First-Person shooter, with no option.

GRAW 360 is also a good bit faster-paced(especially in character movement), compared to GRAW PC's snail Pace.  in GRAW PC, you can't run except in short bursts by holding down the "Sprint" key, and even if your character stands straight up, he walks unless you are holding the sprint key down.  in GRAW 360, if you stand straight up, you run, but if you crouch down you creep slower.

GRAW PC's system requirements are insane.  but their picture-in picture display(where you can see what your squad sees) is ugly black-and-green Wireframe, compared to the full-color and detailed video feed in of GRAW 360.

GRAW PC's Online is clunky, bug-ridden(especially a particularly nasty bug that makes it so that you cannot use any existing Gamespy accounts with the game and forcing you to create a new one...despite the Multiplayer being "Powered by Gamespy"), laggy, and difficult to get into.  GRAW 360'S is not.

The GRAW360 interface is SO much better and cleaner than the PC version as well.

that's just for starters.

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #11: June 29, 2006, 05:32:37 PM »
I have GRAW now.  traded in call of Duty 2, and picked up GRAW and MLB 2k6.

incidentally, I can't hit to save my life in MLB2k6 :(

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Nintendo DS
« Reply #12: July 07, 2006, 09:16:56 AM »
I have become much better at hitting in MLB 2k6.  I find that if you leave the swing indicator on (the feature that tells you if you stepped early/late and swung early/late) you can get the timing down much better.  Also, don't use the power swing everytime you have a pitch lined up.  It helps a ton.

My gamer tag is Mr. Big-n-Thick (Minty Fresh was taken).

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #13: July 07, 2006, 07:51:26 PM »
Quote from: "Minty Fresh"
I have become much better at hitting in MLB 2k6.  I find that if you leave the swing indicator on (the feature that tells you if you stepped early/late and swung early/late) you can get the timing down much better.  Also, don't use the power swing everytime you have a pitch lined up.  It helps a ton.

My gamer tag is Mr. Big-n-Thick (Minty Fresh was taken).

i traded MLB2k6 in already.  I got GRAW, Burnout Revenge(AWESOME), Oblivion, and I'm about to go buy Battlefield 2.  that will end my game purchasing till the middle of august.

my Gamertag:

Offline UMDNats

Nintendo DS
« Reply #14: July 07, 2006, 08:02:55 PM »
I'm saving up for NCAA (need to get a memory card as well for roster download:40 bucks) and Madden, and will defiently get NHL 07 for 360 (which looks orgasmic)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Nintendo DS
« Reply #15: July 10, 2006, 12:57:42 PM »
I'm saving up for NCAA (need to get a memory card as well for roster download:40 bucks) and Madden, and will defiently get NHL 07 for 360 (which looks orgasmic)

You know, there is a rumor that someone is going to be making a NCAA College Hockey video game.  I will be the first guy in the Capital Region of New York State to own that one!

Offline UMDNats

Nintendo DS
« Reply #16: July 10, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »

You know, there is a rumor that someone is going to be making a NCAA College Hockey video game.  I will be the first guy in the Capital Region of New York State to own that one!

Where did you hear that rumor? I would buy that in a second.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Nintendo DS
« Reply #17: July 10, 2006, 02:16:14 PM »

Where did you hear that rumor? I would buy that in a second.

A buddy of mine who is a HUGE college hockey guy (he went to Clarkson) heard it somewhere, I'll see if I can't find that out....

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Nintendo DS
« Reply #18: July 23, 2006, 10:43:52 PM »
I'm new to Handheld games.  What's the difference between Nintendo DS and DS LITE

Offline JMW IV

Nintendo DS
« Reply #19: July 24, 2006, 01:20:38 AM »
Quote from: "CALSGR8"
I'm new to Handheld games.  What's the difference between Nintendo DS and DS LITE

the DS Lite is MUCH, MUCH smaller.

and the screen is brighter too.