Author Topic: Must See TV Thread (2009-2011)  (Read 92811 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Must See TV Thread
« Reply #475: January 05, 2010, 07:50:43 PM »
I'm almost finished with Season 3 of The Wire. Definitely my favorite season thus far although both Seasons 1 and 2 were kick ass too.

the show is just so :pimp:

so many great characters

Agreed. I always try to do a top ten list of characters on the Wire but Its really hard to do. So many good characters and development. That's one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. Slim Charles and Cutty are definitely in my top 5.

More people need to watch Mad Men. Fantastic show.

Hammonds turned my parents onto that show and if they can actually sit through a television series like that it must be good.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #476: January 05, 2010, 07:52:31 PM »
How is this show? I've seen it on many top 10 lists and many people highly regard it. I haven't gotten into it though.

Oh Im assuming its Luke? Seems pretty cool so far.

Yea, it's Luke. He's essentially the next Matt Saracen.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #477: January 05, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »
FYI, Spike TV will be airing reruns of Entourage.  I suggest those of you that haven't seen it, tune in.

I'm sure it will be edited but watch the first couple episodes and you will probably go out and pick up the DVD

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #478: January 05, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »
Agreed. I always try to do a top ten list of characters on the Wire but Its really hard to do. So many good characters and development. That's one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. Slim Charles and Cutty are definitely in my top 5.
True. There are too many to name. Omar is one of my favorites. Also liked Ziggy from Season 2, Stringer Bell, Bunk, McNulty, Bodie, etc

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #479: January 06, 2010, 12:06:53 AM »
One ep away from being caught up with FNL.

Damn sucks Matts gone. He was my favorite character. And Lyla too... didn't really make sense for her to be back. Just seems the writers threw something unnecessary together that they could've easily described with a sentence.

I knew it was going to happen since its a high school show and kids aren't going to stay in high school all the time but its weird watching the original members go. Like it seems the show is totally different aside from Riggins having the same attitude but not anything else (football, high school, girls).

I know I recently started this but I think after the 3 good seasons its had and exploring this route it should end sometime soon just because of adding and mixing seems tough to do when you've gotten to know the originals (Street, Seracen, Riggs, Lyla, Tyra) Even Julie and Landry are seniors so its like 2 more going as well. Just speculation. Still a great series though.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #480: January 06, 2010, 12:48:42 AM »
I think the show is supposed to end after season 5. The main character of the show is Coach Taylor so they've revolved everything around him and while it's weird seeing the originals leave, the new set of characters I really like. Especially Vince. After seemingly every episode I like him even more. It's like Coach Taylor is making him a better person and his life is getting cleaned up. Pretty cool. New episode tomorrow night.

It's definitely one of those shows that needs to end after a certain point. Like I said, I think they're set up for a season 5, but I'm not sure exactly).

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #481: January 06, 2010, 12:53:14 AM »
I watched every episode and just don't understand why people liked it so much. It's okay, but that's it, IMO. I just didn't like most of the characters.

I just started watching Mad Men - lots to discover. 8)

Not sure how "Arrested Development" happened for me, because it definitely happened to me. The first time I watched it (2 episodes), I was bored and annoyed and wondering, why does anybody like this? The second time I watched it (5-10 episodes), I thought it was really dull and marked down about 3 things that amused me, and went around telling people that only 3 things had ever amused me on the show and the rest was meh. Then one day a friend convinced me to watch the pilot episode (for the second time), and something clicked, I thought it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen, and blam, a month later I'd seen the whole series. Now dying to see it all over again. Don't know how it happened. Just one day I didn't like it, and the next day I did.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #482: January 06, 2010, 01:18:57 AM »
I think the show is supposed to end after season 5. The main character of the show is Coach Taylor so they've revolved everything around him and while it's weird seeing the originals leave, the new set of characters I really like. Especially Vince. After seemingly every episode I like him even more. It's like Coach Taylor is making him a better person and his life is getting cleaned up. Pretty cool. New episode tomorrow night.

It's definitely one of those shows that needs to end after a certain point. Like I said, I think they're set up for a season 5, but I'm not sure exactly).

Yea. All throughout the show you can tell Coach Taylor has a teaching, parenting aura or something. Everything he does or has said towards a player has changed them or was what they just needed to hear. I like how hes mentoring this kid into a good player and that this is a really tough kid to change, but hes doing it.

I'm glad I got through this series and was able to catch up but I kinda wish I was watching it from the start so I can anticipate each episode because it seems this series is one of those were I would have needed to. Just to see the characters more and respect them :lol: :lol: I dont know..

Anyway, I see this is NBC produced, where can I find it? I looked on the tv schedule tomorrow and it doesn't list FNL. What time is it on at?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #483: January 06, 2010, 01:21:02 AM »
Anyone else hate when they catch a spoiler for a show they haven't watched yet?

I've only seen Season 1 of Dexter and was looking forward to catching up on the following seasons when I saw a certain person would be playing a character on another show this season. The press release read like this.

" So and so, whose character died this season on Dexter will be joining the cast of..."

Ugh, I hate when crap like that happens. Now it won't be a shock. And really, all I wanted to do was read up on the latest entertainment news!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #484: January 06, 2010, 01:21:28 AM »
Direct TV bought the rights to air Season 4 before NBC, so right now, they're all from DirectTV. I've had to watch them all online on Thursdays this season.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #485: January 06, 2010, 01:24:00 AM »
All this talk of FNL has me thinking of watching it.  Seasons 1-3 are on netflix instant watch so I might add them to watch on my Roku.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #486: January 06, 2010, 01:30:48 AM »
Not sure how "Arrested Development" happened for me, because it definitely happened to me. The first time I watched it (2 episodes), I was bored and annoyed and wondering, why does anybody like this? The second time I watched it (5-10 episodes), I thought it was really dull and marked down about 3 things that amused me, and went around telling people that only 3 things had ever amused me on the show and the rest was meh. Then one day a friend convinced me to watch the pilot episode (for the second time), and something clicked, I thought it was one of the funniest things I'd ever seen, and blam, a month later I'd seen the whole series. Now dying to see it all over again. Don't know how it happened. Just one day I didn't like it, and the next day I did.
I just started Arrested Development.  I'm kinda where you are, about through 5 episodes and it's ok, it's good, but it's not the spectularness I was hoping for.  Are you saying I should start over and watch that first disk a couple more times?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #487: January 06, 2010, 01:32:34 AM »
All this talk of FNL has me thinking of watching it.  Seasons 1-3 are on netflix instant watch so I might add them to watch on my Roku.

Thats what I did this past week :lol: Haven't done much except watch 1-3 on Netflix. Definitely worth a watch. Its a good show.

Yea Linty, when I want to talk about a show that I am behind on, I try to save my thoughts until I'm caught up. Like with this thread. Or with the Wire. If you want to see wire clips on youtube... WATCH THE WHOLE SERIES FIRST. There are youtube clip titles with spoilers :lol:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #488: January 06, 2010, 02:17:41 AM »
The problem was... I saw the blurb in the entertainment section of Yahoo. Just sitting there in broad daylight.

Way to ruin it for me Yahoo, way to ruin it!

Offline blue911

« Reply #489: January 06, 2010, 06:38:47 AM »
I'd say my five favorite past or present TV shows are...
Columbo
Arrested Development
Colbert Report
Mad Men
Man Versus Food

You Bet Your Life lost out to Adam Richman? The slow decline into savagery begins.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #490: January 06, 2010, 08:01:33 PM »
Mine:
No Reservations
The Office (though this season has sucked except for the wedding)
Dinner Impossible
Top Gear (Via BitTorrent)
Nats Extra (Just kidding)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #491: January 06, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »
my kids absolutely love Man vs. Food, the kindergartners now mimic it at the lunch table.  "Man vs. PB&J!"

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #492: January 06, 2010, 08:45:55 PM »
last episode of family guy was great.

giggady................giggady......... ....gig gig gig gig gig gig....

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #493: January 06, 2010, 09:17:30 PM »
last episode of family guy was great.

giggady................giggady......... ....gig gig gig gig gig gig....

I loved the GTA part, where he plays the game, and then beats a hooker, takes her money, and jacks a car. Awesome.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #494: January 06, 2010, 09:23:40 PM »
I loved the GTA part, where he plays the game, and then beats a hooker, takes her money, and jacks a car. Awesome.
I haven't seen it yet.  Is it something "Hippocampus" or something like that?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #495: January 06, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »
I haven't seen it yet.  Is it something "Hippocampus" or something like that?

Yea. http://www.hulu.com/family-guy

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #496: January 07, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »
I started re-watching season 1 of FNL last night, got through the first 4 episodes. What a show. I may be wrong, season 1 may in fact be the best.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #497: January 07, 2010, 04:38:18 PM »
Last night's episode was money. Cafferty FTMFW!!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #498: January 07, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »
Last night's episode was money. Cafferty FTMFW!!

Ahh need to find a site to see it.

Offline UMDNats