Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Dodgers, Game 3 (Curly W)  (Read 5976 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Ramon Ortiz (2-4, 5.50)
Ortiz is coming off his longest outing of the season, going seven innings against Houston on May 23. The right-hander allowed only one run on six hits, lowering his ERA by .65 of a run in the process. Oritz is 1-1 against the Dodgers in his career with a 2.87 ERA.

VS.

Jae Seo (2-2, 4.50)
Bailed out by his defense in the early innings, Seo settled down to contain the Rockies in his last start, allowing an unearned run over a season-high seven innings. Given two extra days to rest between starts, he said the torn fingernail on his index finger was not an issue. He has quality starts in four of his last five outings.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
I probably won't be around for this game, guys, so have fun and GO NATS!!! :D

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
hey, Chief, are we on TV today?  i mean non-MASN TV.

Offline sportsfan882

1-2-3 Top of the first for Ramon.. BTW, wasn't Paul Schreiber the umpire who screwed us in that walk off balk game last year?  He is the home plate ump today.

Offline esoteric

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
1-2-3 Top of the first for Ramon.. BTW, wasn't Paul Schreiber the umpire who screwed us in that walk off balk game last year?  He is the home plate ump today.

Royce Clayton: suddenly a competent #2 guy.  Will wonders never cease?

1-0 Nats with nobody out.

Offline esoteric

Damn, and then it all starts to fall apart.

Offline PC

Please don't try to steal bases when you have a chance for a big first inning.  Not the first inning.  Get the runs first then go for the steals later.

It's a long game.

Offline nats2playoffs

The Clayton lineup experiment pays off with a double that scores the walked Sori.  Another walk.  Clayton thrown out.  Still no baserunning clinic.  
Dodgers 0
Nationals 1

Offline Dave B

why was royce clayton stealing third base

Offline PC

And the chance for a big inning, ends.

You were on second base with no outs.  You should be able to get home without stealing.

Offline PC

Who is Mike Vento?

Offline sportsfan882

Why is Mlb.tv not working now??

Offline nats2playoffs

Quote from: "PC"
Who is Mike Vento?

Washington Nationals outfielder Jose Guillen was placed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a strained right hamstring. They also purchased the contract of outfielder Mike Vento from Triple-A New Orleans. To make room on the 40-man roster for Vento, the team transferred right-handed pitcher Zach Day (right shoulder tendinitis) from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day list. The team also announced that Day will have exploratory surgery on his shoulder next week.   Vento was a Yankee but only had 2 ABs with them.  Age 26.

Offline PC

Clayton is 2 for 2. :shock:

Offline esoteric

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
Why is Mlb.tv not working now??

DAMMIT DAMMIT RYAN ZIMMERMAN HITS A THREE RUN HOMER AND I MISS IT BECAUSE MLB TV SUCKS.

Offline PC

Zimmerman Homer!!!

Nationals 4
Doggers 0

Offline PC

Schneider Sac Fly

Nationals 5
Doggers 0

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
NICE!

Offline nats2playoffs

CLAYTON AND THE BIG JOHNSON SCORE ON ZIM'S HOMER!!!!!
Anderson TRIPLES!!!!  Scores on Schneider sacrifice!
Byrd doubles!!!!!  Takes 3rd on WP.  
VENTO GETS HIS 1ST MAJOR LEAGUE HIT AND RBI!!!!
Dodgers 0
Nationals 6

Offline PC

Who is Mike Vento singles!!!

Nationals 6
Doggers 0

Offline esoteric

Wow.  That explosive Nationals offense.....??

I'LL TAKE IT.

Offline PC

You change pitchers when the other team's pitcher is at bat???

Offline esoteric

That's just how bad Seo was looking.  Okay, Ortiz...you're lucky to have a 6 run cushion, now don't screw it up.  I'll allow you 2 runs IF YOU MUST.  But that's all, and I want you pitching into the 7th.

Offline PC

Quote from: "esoteric"

That's just how bad Seo was looking.  Okay, Ortiz...you're lucky to have a 6 run cushion, now don't screw it up.  I'll allow you 2 runs IF YOU MUST.  But that's all, and I want you pitching into the 7th.

What I don't want is for the offense to just go to sleep.  Score some more runs just in case Ortiz does try to blow it.

Offline PC

My request was answered in the affirmative.  Soriano Homers!!!

Nationals 7
Doggers 0