Author Topic: Video Games (2009-2011)  (Read 90371 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Video Games
« Reply #525: July 02, 2010, 08:42:53 PM »
hahah I feel you on the alt a holic thing. My friend couldn't decide who he wanted to be at one point. We would both agree on rolling new players and wanted to "feed off" eachother. Like if he were melee, Id be caster, etc etc. Once RAF came around, it worked out for the both of us. I think I have something like

5 guys above 60 (1 80) and then like 12 below 60 (3 between 30-59)
You should start playing again on Frostwolf :lol:

I've been the one who can't decide, always rolling new toons.  RaF works great, all the tedious "gather" quests where you have to pick up items off of corpses, I skip and he does so it doesn't take as long.  Then if he gets a level over me, he grants me a level.  It's been working out great.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #526: July 02, 2010, 08:46:20 PM »
You should start playing again on Frostwolf :lol:

I've been the one who can't decide, always rolling new toons.  RaF works great, all the tedious "gather" quests where you have to pick up items off of corpses, I skip and he does so it doesn't take as long.  Then if he gets a level over me, he grants me a level.  It's been working out great.

I could do that. If I start up I might join. I'm hoping I get a beta invite though. I would love to mess around for a bit on that. If I do start, think I might go Paladin since I've never really got one far.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #527: July 02, 2010, 08:50:43 PM »
Yeah, dins are definitely fun.  I just wish your choices on horde didn't consist of Blood Elf and.......Blood Elf.  Cataclysm is supposed to bring Tauren Paladins into the mix.

I'm specced Retribution and my cousin has a paladin at the same level specced Protection.  So once we hit lvl 15, we just kept running the random dungeon finder tool.  Him as tank and me as a DPS, they are almost instant.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #528: July 02, 2010, 08:52:32 PM »
Yeah, once the expansion comes around, I'm in between character decisions. I might make: Tauren Paladin, Troll Druid, Goblin Shaman. Depends though.

The random dungeon tool is definitely one of the best things they have done. Tanks are always so hard to find though so its good you have one.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #529: July 02, 2010, 09:02:44 PM »
I'm feeling a goblin mage for the expansion I think.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #530: July 02, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »
If you don't already and are a fan of finding out details for patches and expansions and stuff, you should go here: www.mmo-champion.com Worgen Druids look awesome.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #531: July 02, 2010, 09:06:36 PM »
If you don't already and are a fan of finding out details for patches and expansions and stuff, you should go here: www.mmo-champion.com Worgen Druids look awesome.
Yeah but they're alliance :(

Unless I move to a new server and go alliance on that one.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #532: July 02, 2010, 09:09:22 PM »
Yeah but they're alliance :(

Unless I move to a new server and go alliance on that one.

Yeah, the second time I did raf I went alliance. When I mentioned me and my friend would reroll, we would usually do it on another server and we would go alliance. We would always get to 20-30 and then just go back to our mains. Some fun times though. Finally with raf I got to see most of the Alliance side of leveling and story, but I dont think I can go back. Horde here :thumbs: Plus, they have cooler leveling zones.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #533: July 02, 2010, 09:13:27 PM »
I don't know, I love gnomes :lol:  I would have a gnome as every character type if I could.  Little 2 foot tall mage cackling and throwing gigantic balls of fire up mobs' noses.  Plus, the Mechanostrider is an awesome mount.

Of course, I have the star pony for my toons.  Goblins are supposed to get like a hot rod car looking thing, in the style of the chopper I guess.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #534: July 02, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »
I definitely think trolls have the coolest mount. Raptors are so awesome. Maybe Blood Elves follow.

I forgot that before I stopped playing last time, I was doing Heroic FOS and that weapon hilt dropped and I won. I sold the piece for like 9k gold. I now have 10k waiting on main for the next time I play. Definitely going towards my mount funds and alt characters. I hate buying gear.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #535: July 02, 2010, 09:22:34 PM »
Wildhammer was it?  I might try to convince my cousin to start some toons on that server since I'm about maxed out with 10 on Frostwolf :D

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #536: July 02, 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
Wildhammer was it?  I might try to convince my cousin to start some toons on that server since I'm about maxed out with 10 on Frostwolf :D

:rofl: Nice. Yeah, Wildhammer. Was my first server. Then strayed away but came back to it. Its decent.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #537: July 02, 2010, 10:50:37 PM »
Plus I feel that since they've been making Starcraft 2 for so long they have had the time to write so much more story so maybe after the sequel, it could be on warcraft's level.

Shrug, agree to disagree I suppose.  But I still think you're dead wrong :P ;) SC universe is every bit as deep as WC universe, which imo has gotten pretty repetitive.  More games doesn't mean more story.  It's been pretty much the same crap ever since the first game.  SC's story is much fresher, and still has plenty of room to grow.

I also feel that they're doing that just so they can release "3" starcraft games at 60 bucks.

Maybe, maybe not.  I'm certainly with you on not wanting to pay for the game 3 times, but if each release is as huge as they're saying, then I'm not going to complain too much.  I believe they've said that each one is going to be bigger than the entire original game.  I'm certainly okay with multiple releases if it means getting the ball rolling sooner rather than waiting another 3 years for the whole thing.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #538: July 03, 2010, 08:17:10 AM »

Maybe, maybe not.  I'm certainly with you on not wanting to pay for the game 3 times, but if each release is as huge as they're saying, then I'm not going to complain too much.  I believe they've said that each one is going to be bigger than the entire original game.  I'm certainly okay with multiple releases if it means getting the ball rolling sooner rather than waiting another 3 years for the whole thing.

Yeah. I'm not saying that all three wont be great. If they are then Blizzard may have made the smartest marketing decision. It would definitely be worth it. I still feel the problem is that you have to pay 120$ to play the other two just to know the story and such. Wish it would be lower. I may have to pay the money though.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #539: July 03, 2010, 08:17:46 AM »
Have they said that for sure?  That all three will be $60 apiece?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #540: July 03, 2010, 08:48:05 AM »
Have they said that for sure?  That all three will be $60 apiece?

I believe my friend, who is pretty up to date on games (plus he works at a gamestop), said that but that was definitely a year ago. Maybe they changed it. Still hyped though. 26 days.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #541: July 05, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »
Well, just added time to my account. Got something to do when I'm bored.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #542: July 05, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
Well, just added time to my account. Got something to do when I'm bored.
Nice :lol:

I've been working on my Mage, half way to level 66 now, can't wait to head to Northrend soon.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #543: July 05, 2010, 02:58:05 PM »
Nice :lol:

I've been working on my Mage, half way to level 66 now, can't wait to head to Northrend soon.

Still on frostwolf? I may make a DK over there just because.

Whats your battlenet id thing. Just realized they implemented this.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #544: July 05, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
Still on frostwolf? I may make a DK over there just because.
go for it!  Yeah, I'm on frostwolf.  I actually have a paladin that is pretty close to 55 too.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #545: July 05, 2010, 03:03:43 PM »
my id is cmdterps44@gmail.com
I sent you a pm.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #546: July 05, 2010, 05:55:36 PM »
i miss my xbox :(

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #547: July 05, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »
i miss my xbox :(

oh yeah, did you manage to send it in?

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #548: July 05, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
oh yeah, did you manage to send it in?

i sent it in, i'm uncertain if it was repaired or not, but its in the process of being sent back to me now. they sent it thursday, so i'm hoping it comes soon.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #549: July 06, 2010, 05:56:36 PM »
I somehow managed to make the World Series in 2010 in MLB the Show. I won the Wild Card, mostly thanks to an awesome pitching staff that led the majors in ERA (:shock:).

I traded Willingham to the Indians to Michael Brantley, some other A prospect, and Johnny Peralta (Guzman and Kennedy were both hurt). I also acquired Scott Linebrink from the White Sox for Wang. I traded for David DeJesus in June because Bernadina was sucking ass, I gave up Atilano to get him.

My rotation at the end of the year:

Strasburg (I would only play his starts, he's so much fun to pitch with. Ended up like 10-2, 2.80 ERA, 9 K/9 or so)
Lannan (16-7 record, 3.32 ERA)
Olsen (8-9, 2.96 ERA :shock: )
Marquis (6-1, 3.25 ERA, came up in late July and was awesome)
Detwiler (13-6, was awesome for me from June-end of the year)

Lineup:

Brantley (.280/.360, 5-6 home runs, 25 SB or so)
DeJesus
Zimmerman
Dunn
Kennedy (.290/.390, 6 home runs, 40 RBI or so, but missed like 2 months)
Pudge
Desmond
Darnell MacDonald (traded scrub for him, needed a backup LF when Nyjer got hurt, hit like .300 for me)

SS is matched up against CC in Game 1. He is SOOO much fun to pitch with. I constantly rack up the K's. My offense was pretty much speed and slap hitting, other than Dunn  and Zimmerman. DeJesus, Nyjer (got hurt and missed last 2 months of year, came back for last week of season, now backup OF), Brantley all had 20+ SB, Zimmerman had 5-6, Kennedy had 15, Desmond 10, MacDonald 6-7.