Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2009)  (Read 93627 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2009)
« Reply #25: February 26, 2009, 07:58:28 PM »
I don't understand why you're always nagging about those two. The players we had here last season could have done SO much better. They just didn't execute. That's on them and the coaching staff.

The problem is that they capriciously give up draft picks when they over pay FAs -- they have a grand total of FOUR draft picks this year -- that's it -- that's the list -- the lines are getting older and the offensive line was a sieve last year -- they're also right up against the cap every year and have very little quality depth -- it's not a good situation -- and that's all on danny boy and his squash partner vinnie ....

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #26: February 26, 2009, 08:00:45 PM »
I don't understand why you're always nagging about those two. The players we had here last season could have done SO much better. They just didn't execute. That's on them and the coaching staff.
That's the point. The players are overpaid and overrated. Snyder and Cerrato doled out humongous contracts out to a bunch of pieces of crap and they shows no signs ending this madness. This team needs a complete rebuild.

It's ALL Cerrato and Snyder's fault that we have no defensive linemen, no offensive linemen, and even worse despite all of their efforts we have no wideouts worth a damn.

They run the team like a freaking fantasy football team. Sure their intentions may be well but they have not a clue what the hell they are doing.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #27: February 26, 2009, 08:01:52 PM »
The problem is that they capriciously give up draft picks when they over pay FAs -- they have a grand total of FOUR draft picks this year -- that's it -- that's the list -- the lines are getting older and the offensive line was a sieve last year -- they're also right up against the cap every year and have very little quality depth -- it's not a good situation -- and that's all on danny boy and his squash partner vinnie ....

But Snyder has always gotten players here who could help us win. What I saw last season was a team that just didn't look prepared. That's on the players and the coaches. I'm mostly talking about the offense.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #28: February 26, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »
years of horrible management have ruined this team and doomed them for mediocrity. I thought Snyder and Cerrato had learned their lesson after sitting out free agency the last year or two but now appears they are eager to go back to their old ways.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #29: February 26, 2009, 08:05:13 PM »
years of horrible management have ruined this team and doomed them for mediocrity. I thought Snyder and Cerrato had learned their lesson after sitting out free agency the last year or two but now appears they are eager to go back to their old ways.

So you don't want them to go after Haynesworth and Dockett?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #30: February 26, 2009, 08:07:54 PM »
So you don't want them to go after Haynesworth and Dockett?
Not for $100 Million freaking dollars. We've tried this crap before and it failed miserably. Signing a bunch of big names to lucrative contracts doesn't work.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #31: February 26, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
Not for $100 Million freaking dollars. We've tried this crap before and it failed miserably. Signing a bunch of big names to lucrative contracts doesn't work.

We all know the contracts will be restructured in a couple years anyways. It's all about getting them here now. I definitely want us to get one of the top DTs in the NFL.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #32: February 26, 2009, 08:12:41 PM »
We all know the contracts will be restructured in a couple years anyways. It's all about getting them here now. I definitely want us to get one of the top DTs in the NFL.
How do we know he won't come here and fold the tent like most FAs do when they sign big contracts?

I'm all about building through the draft and trades and signing sensible FAs to reasonable contracts. Just go look at the Patriots, Steelers, etc.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #33: February 26, 2009, 08:12:59 PM »
But Snyder has always gotten players here who could help us win. What I saw last season was a team that just didn't look prepared. That's on the players and the coaches. I'm mostly talking about the offense.

Teams that are good and win consistently because they are built from within and have quality depth at all positions -- quality depth which is acquired, cheaply, through the draft -- you can't win when your team is built on the backs of aging veterans with declining skills and fat contracts with no quality depth -- it's not a model for sustained success

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #34: February 26, 2009, 08:22:24 PM »
Teams that are good and win consistently because they are built from within and have quality depth at all positions -- quality depth which is acquired, cheaply, through the draft -- you can't win when your team is built on the backs of aging veterans with declining skills and fat contracts with no quality depth -- it's not a model for sustained success

I'm not talking about trading draft picks, though. I'm talking about getting a top FA DT.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #35: February 26, 2009, 08:29:34 PM »
I'm not talking about trading draft picks, though. I'm talking about getting a top FA DT.

Yes those are fine, providing they make sense and don't strap the team anymore than it already is

Offline d_mc_nabb

« Reply #36: February 26, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »
The Redskins will pursue G/C Jason Brown if they don't re-sign Kendall according to Rotoworld. I would like them to get him. Get him and Canty instead of Haynesworth, if you ask me.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #37: February 27, 2009, 12:13:14 AM »
Haynesworth is an absolute thug coming off his best season in a contract year.  We need to sign a LB or OL first. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #38: February 27, 2009, 01:15:06 AM »
Hall accepted a six-year $54 million deal that included $22.5 million in guarantees, giving the 25-year-old cornerback his second big payday in as many years

freak me  :hang:

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #39: February 27, 2009, 01:44:55 AM »
Way too much money for Hall. 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #40: February 27, 2009, 01:46:16 AM »
dockery is the next target.  canty too.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #41: February 27, 2009, 01:51:20 AM »
Way too much money for Hall. 
way, way too much. Oakland just gave him a $70 million dollar deal and we all saw how that turned out. It was a complete disaster.

A 2 year deal for $10-15 Million would have been a reasonable offer.

Snyder/Cerrato outbidded themselves for Hall's services.  :doh:

Offline PC

« Reply #42: February 27, 2009, 02:30:55 AM »
Slightly off topic, after 129 pages for the 2008 season, today, Friday, is the start of the 2009 season.  :)

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #43: February 27, 2009, 06:33:46 AM »
We got Haynesworth!!

This is the best free agent signing the Redskins have made in a LONG time.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #44: February 27, 2009, 06:51:25 AM »
They just made a good point on ESPN. The rest of the teams in the NFC East, right now, are freaking out trying to figure out how they're going to handle Haynesworth two times a year. Man, what a great move. THIS is why I don't mind having Snyder here. He basically just bought us the DT version of Tex. :lol:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #45: February 27, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »
lol. haynesworth will not live up to his contract. hasn't played all 16 games in a season since his rookie year when he only started 3 of them. still, he's a good player and what the skins need

hall's signing was awful, way too much money

Offline blue911

« Reply #46: February 27, 2009, 08:47:12 AM »
lol. haynesworth will not live up to his contract. hasn't played all 16 games in a season since his rookie year when he only started 3 of them. still, he's a good player and what the skins need

What does that mean? I don't think anybody in the history of the NFL has ever played out a seven year contract.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #47: February 27, 2009, 09:21:28 AM »

Didn't Haynesworth pull a Marcus Vick and stomp on somebody? He's a good player and all, but not sure I like this.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #48: February 27, 2009, 09:32:12 AM »
Didn't Haynesworth pull a Marcus Vick and stomp on somebody? He's a good player and all, but not sure I like this.

You can't tell me you wouldn't like to see him stomp on Romo?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #49: February 27, 2009, 09:48:21 AM »
What does that mean? I don't think anybody in the history of the NFL has ever played out a seven year contract.

i don't think he'll be 16 million dollars a year-worthy