Author Topic: Plan "B"  (Read 110889 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Plan "B"
« Reply #2650: January 30, 2009, 12:12:21 PM »
I'll whoop his ass like I am whooping it now.

you ain't whoopin crap.

u putting words in my mouth, old friend

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2651: January 30, 2009, 12:12:49 PM »
hammonds, I don't know why you're bothering with NOTLD.  His "bullcrap button" is just another case of him trying to make someone look more irrational than they are.  If you don't agree with him, there is no room for nuances.  You are automatically a complete idiot and you are wrong about everything.

« Reply #2652: January 30, 2009, 12:13:58 PM »
Wow you are misunderstood my friend.  First off, I have no idea where you are coming from calling me bullcrap.  I never said Dunn didn't want to go to a contender.  But the bastard is still available isn't he?  It doesn't ultimately mean he will end up with a contender.  Look at Manny Ramirez, outside the Dodgers, it's a bunch of non-contenders looking at him.  With Dunn, it's the same. 

Money talks.  It's not just a movie, it's a phrase.  Sure, every free agent has winning on their mind, but they also want to get paid.  And just because the Dodgers are his first choice, doesn't mean he is theirs.  Oh because Manny Ramirez is in front of him.  They want him.  So let's so Manny goes to the Dodgers, where does Dunn go?  Pop quiz, hot shot.  Either he takes a MAJOR paycut to play for a contender, takes a two year deal for decent money with a non-contender or he sits out the season. 

I never ever said he didn't want to play for a contender.  I really don't know where you are coming from with that.  Sometimes you don't even know what you're saying or what others have said, you just care about winning a debate. 

More bullcrap. I can't believe you have the nads to go on here, in front of everyone on this board, who have sat through months of your "obsession" (for lack of a better word) and do a complete 180. You have never believed me when I say that "contender speaks more than money" in this situation. All you come back with is "he is still available." Weak.

« Reply #2653: January 30, 2009, 12:15:27 PM »
you ain't whoopin crap.

u putting words in my mouth, old friend

(Image removed from quote.)

Hardly. Just go back a few pages in a dozen posts and look at your own words.

« Reply #2654: January 30, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »
hammonds, I don't know why you're bothering with NOTLD.  His "bullcrap button" is just another case of him trying to make someone look more irrational than they are.  If you don't agree with him, there is no room for nuances.  You are automatically a complete idiot and you are wrong about everything.

This coming from an even more "rational" individual. :roll: :lol:

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2655: January 30, 2009, 12:17:26 PM »
I don't put words in people's mouth in order to suit my own points.

« Reply #2656: January 30, 2009, 12:19:30 PM »
Did I say anything about starting chants, I just said laughing in the dugout and not hustling onto the field.

Really, if it doesn't bother you, why are you nagging about it? Are players not allowed to express emotion at all? Should we put bags over their heads only to be taken off when they go up to bat? Who really gives a crap about this sort of thing?

And again with the players and pencils.  I never said the players were upset about offices supplies but people inside the organization were.  Some of the players aren't happy b/c we haven't done all that much to field a better team. 

You still never answered the question.

and P.S. I'd rather have a slugger with a terrible attitude than one of the AAAA players we've thrown out there haha. 

You must of been a closet-case Felipe Lopez fan then. (Not saying he was a slugger, just he is better than any of our "AAAA" goes we've thrown out there)

« Reply #2657: January 30, 2009, 12:20:10 PM »
I don't put words in people's mouth in order to suit my own points.

No, you only put your own which never helps your situation.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2658: January 30, 2009, 12:20:59 PM »
More bullcrap. I can't believe you have the nads to go on here, in front of everyone on this board, who have sat through months of your "obsession" (for lack of a better word) and do a complete 180. You have never believed me when I say that "contender speaks more than money" in this situation. All you come back with is "he is still available." Weak.

Is he available?  Yes he is.  And you must be insane if you don't believe that money is important as well.  Look the guy may not have an offer from the Dodgers.  What is he going to do then, huh?  You still haven't answered that.  Is he going to sit out the season?  It's safe to say he has as good of a chance to being w/ a non-contender as he does being with a contender. 

And through all these months of course I've acknowledged going to a contender is a big variable.  But so is the money man.  And I can't belive you're not seeing that.  As someone brought up earlier, if he suprassed the highest offer to take a crappy deal, the union would go bannanas over him taking that.  Complete 180?  I really don't know where the hell you're coming from with this. 

Keep pluggin away with your button.  Not bothering me, because I know what I said.  On the plus side, 14 days to spring training and it's almost weekend time!!!

« Reply #2659: January 30, 2009, 12:24:59 PM »
Keep pluggin away with your button.  Not bothering me, because I know what I said.  On the plus side, 14 days to spring training and it's almost weekend time!!!

No problem, I will. You're the one that has to sleep with yourself at the end of the day.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2660: January 30, 2009, 12:25:22 PM »

DEBATE IS OVER FOLKS, EASY AS THAT.

And p.s. I know what I said.  Sure losing teams have a tough time drawing in marquee free agents, but it doesn't mean those guys won't go there if the price is right.  Look at pudge a few years back ... he went to a crappy tigers team that lost more game the year before than we did.  They turned it around.  He also got paid. 

Lunch time.

« Reply #2661: January 30, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #2662: January 30, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »
hammonds is not delusional (cough*AZ*cough).  We all know that Dunn would prefer a contender.  It was said months ago that he wanted to go to the Cubs or Dodgers.

I just don't see why you have to be a prick about this.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2663: January 30, 2009, 12:28:22 PM »
Lunch time.

You've earned it. Enjoy.  :clap:

« Reply #2664: January 30, 2009, 12:34:43 PM »
hammonds is not delusional (cough*AZ*cough).  We all know that Dunn would prefer a contender.  It was said months ago that he wanted to go to the Cubs or Dodgers.

I just don't see why you have to be a prick about this.

I didn't start it. I simply said some people will actually be surprised about this news (ie, they really shouldn't have) and then he posted in with his little rant.

I know you don't like me ACTA, that has never been a secret, but defending his BS when he has drenched this board in Donkey-Love multiple times and has gotten in multiple arguments with me and others saying anyone is full of kaka for believing he would rather go to a contender than for the money (and yet, today turn around and say what I have been saying for over a month now) is weak.

You have issues with me, throw me a PM. You want to air dirty laundry, I'll go 15 rounds. You want to call it peace, I'll pass you the pipe.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2665: January 30, 2009, 12:38:16 PM »
You have issues with me, throw me a PM. You want to air dirty laundry, I'll go 15 rounds. You want to call it peace, I'll pass you the pipe.

Another internet toughguy.  :ballbat:

« Reply #2666: January 30, 2009, 12:39:50 PM »
Another internet toughguy.  :ballbat:

Another loser on the Internet.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2667: January 30, 2009, 12:40:51 PM »
No problem, I will. You're the one that has to sleep with yourself at the end of the day.

WOW!  And considering we know each other double dagger.  No wonder on the muppets thread you are:

« Reply #2668: January 30, 2009, 12:41:58 PM »
WOW!  And considering we know each other double dagger.  No wonder on the muppets thread you are:

Back for more already? That was a fast lunch, maybe you didn't eat enough.

MrMadison

« Reply #2669: January 30, 2009, 12:42:54 PM »

now everyone shuddup.  :icon_mrgreen: :twisted:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2670: January 30, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »

I know you don't like me ACTA, that has never been a secret, but defending his BS when he has drenched this board in Donkey-Love multiple times and has gotten in multiple arguments with me and others saying anyone is full of kaka for believing he would rather go to a contender than for the money (and yet, today turn around and say what I have been saying for over a month now) is weak.

I don't have to PM you b/c it's a friendly debate, but good god i have never said HE DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO A CONTENDER.  My god, where the hell is this coming from?  All I'm saying is, if you make him an offer he can't refuse, than maybe he takes it.  He'd be a fool not too.  Unless, deep down inside, he is yearning to play for a contender and in return for a very low contract.  Do you ever yearn NOTLD 8) 

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2671: January 30, 2009, 12:43:57 PM »
Back for more already? That was a fast lunch, maybe you didn't eat enough.

No i picked it up.  My building is downtown. 

« Reply #2672: January 30, 2009, 12:44:02 PM »

now everyone shuddup.  :icon_mrgreen: :twisted:

:lol:

I'm waiting for the classic to show up...wait for it, I'm sure it's coming...

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #2673: January 30, 2009, 12:45:00 PM »
Speaking of muppets, is NoSpin still with us?

« Reply #2674: January 30, 2009, 12:46:13 PM »
Speaking of muppets, is NoSpin still with us?

I heard his comp is full of viruses or something. He can't get onto the site properly.