Author Topic: Zach Day Returns....  (Read 2137 times)

Zach Day Returns....
« Topic Start: April 26, 2006, 01:33:20 PM »
It is being reported that Zach Day has been picked up by waivers by one Washington Nationals team.  This coming off the other boards.  Will try to confirm or if anyone else does, please post it.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #1: April 26, 2006, 01:36:08 PM »
Interesting.  It's also being reported that Traber has been sent back to AAA, and Bergmann recalled.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #2: April 26, 2006, 01:37:30 PM »
The biggest thing I remember about him is the way he used to sit in the dugout after being tatooed by the opposition.  He would have that deer caught in the headlights look....like he had just been molested or something.   :|

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #3: April 26, 2006, 01:40:21 PM »
I heard that Day is back on the radio broadcast as well.  Also Wiki has been designated for assignment.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #4: April 26, 2006, 02:35:19 PM »
the plot thickens. from Rocky Mountain News:

ON HOLD

Right-handed pitcher Zach Day has some tightness in his right shoulder and "maybe a little muscle spasm," according to a second opinion given by Dr. Timothy Kremcheck, team doctor for the Cincinnati Reds. Day asked for the second opinion after the Rockies designated him for assignment Friday.

He complained of shoulder tightness after being knocked out in the fourth inning Wednesday against the San Diego Padres, but he never had asked for any shoulder treatment.

The Rockies have placed Day on waivers. If no team claims him, they are expected to outright him to Class AAA Colorado Springs. Day could file a grievance and force the team to put him on the disabled list.

Regardless, the Rockies are obligated to pay his $600,000 salary. Day, though, could get additional major-league service time if he won a grievance and had to be put on the disabled list.

so...Jimbo sends them away when they are healthy, and then claims them when they could be injured?

Let's all bow before Jim Bowden's genius!!!

next, Tomo Ohka's going to break his pitching hand, and Jimbo's going to take that opportunity to trade to get him back!

what brilliance!

Nationalzfanatic88

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #5: April 26, 2006, 03:57:07 PM »
I was afraid Traber would be sent down...He really has potential he just got spooked in the first inning..Sad

gozimm

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #6: April 26, 2006, 05:39:36 PM »
I actually like the move, Day has potential in my mind.

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #7: April 26, 2006, 05:42:19 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
I was afraid Traber would be sent down...He really has potential he just got spooked in the first inning..Sad

I was thinking the same thing.  I mean really, how much time did we actually give him to prove himself?  How much more time does Ortiz need before we ship him off finally?

Zach Day and Soriano should get together because it is pretty much assured they do not want to be in DC.  I'm sure when Day heard the news he is going back he shed a tear and started trying to slash his wrists with his cleats.

Offline rileyn

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #8: April 26, 2006, 06:58:34 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

I was thinking the same thing.  I mean really, how much time did we actually give him to prove himself?  How much more time does Ortiz need before we ship him off finally?

Zach Day and Soriano should get together because it is pretty much assured they do not want to be in DC.  I'm sure when Day heard the news he is going back he shed a tear and started trying to slash his wrists with his cleats.

NOTLD and Nationalsfanatic,  Tell me what exactly did you see in Traber in his two starts to make you think he had potential?  I was there last night to see him and it was UGLY.  Spooked?  I don't want anybody on the mound that gets spooked from pitching on a Tuesday night in front of 20,000 fans against Cinci.  Also, his first start was nothing to write home about.  He was given 9 runs in the first two innings and proceeded to still miss the strike zone against Phili.

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #9: April 26, 2006, 07:25:21 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"

NOTLD and Nationalsfanatic,  Tell me what exactly did you see in Traber in his two starts to make you think he had potential?  I was there last night to see him and it was UGLY.  Spooked?  I don't want anybody on the mound that gets spooked from pitching on a Tuesday night in front of 20,000 fans against Cinci.  Also, his first start was nothing to write home about.  He was given 9 runs in the first two innings and proceeded to still miss the strike zone against Phili.

I'm not saying he was Nolan Ryan or anything.  But two starts and you send him down?  Please.

"What about his confidence?" :roll:

One name: Ortiz.
One Location: Retirement

How many losses will he accumulate before we realize, "Hey, he sucks!"

Just want to see our options and see what they can do.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #10: April 26, 2006, 08:08:54 PM »
Zach Day is like 14-3 in the MVP O5 season I am playing on Xbox!

Offline UMDNats

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #11: April 26, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »
yea, and in mine, ortiz is 4-0.

the games are so unrealistic!
haha

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #12: April 26, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
the games are so unrealistic!
haha

No kidding.  Guillen broke the HR record.  He has 76 with about 8 games left.

Jeremy Burnitz who I picked up as a FA has like 67 or 69 long balls, as well.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #13: April 26, 2006, 09:55:37 PM »
Zach Day is a great pickup for the Nats, but not for the reasons you might think.  One, he is the first player my son ever got an autograph from (at the Mets exhibition last year) and two, he is my 7 year old daughter's favorite player.  She was distraught when I had to tell her he had been moved to Colorado.  She is happy again.  He is VERY cute.

So the Tomterp household is all in favor of the Zach Day pickup.

Nationalzfanatic88

Zach Day Returns....
« Reply #14: April 27, 2006, 07:37:18 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"
Zach Day is a great pickup for the Nats, but not for the reasons you might think.  One, he is the first player my son ever got an autograph from (at the Mets exhibition last year) and two, he is my 7 year old daughter's favorite player.  She was distraught when I had to tell her he had been moved to Colorado.  She is happy again.  He is VERY cute.

So the Tomterp household is all in favor of the Zach Day pickup.

You know you're team is really pathetic when one of the few positives left is that your new pick up is "cute" :roll:  :roll: