Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Reds, Game 1 (L)  (Read 5356 times)

Offline KyleScha

Gameday Thread: Nationals vs Reds, Game 1 (L)
« Reply #50: April 24, 2006, 09:15:26 PM »
I thought Vidro had that one too :(

Two almost game tying "almost HR's" by Vidro.

Offline PC

« Reply #51: April 24, 2006, 09:18:16 PM »
Please Jose, get a hit.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #52: April 24, 2006, 09:19:22 PM »
I can't imagine that the Reds bullpen can be so great...Does anyone think we have a chance or do we suck more than their bullpen?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #53: April 24, 2006, 09:23:03 PM »
look out all-time LOB record, here we come :roll:

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #54: April 24, 2006, 09:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "Nationalzfanatic88"
I can't imagine that the Reds bullpen can be so great...Does anyone think we have a chance or do we suck more than their bullpen?

To answer my own question, I think we suck more than their bullpen

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #55: April 24, 2006, 09:25:01 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
look out all-time LOB record, here we come :roll:

We can't be that much further off

Offline PC

« Reply #56: April 24, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "PC"
Marlon Anderson's season batting average is .133 and he's a pinch hitter?

Don't look now but Schneider is down to .183 and he bats at least 4 times a game (not to mention his FOUR rbi's).

Ryan Zimmerman's at .219 and falling fast.  :cry:

Offline rileyn

« Reply #57: April 24, 2006, 09:25:19 PM »
Quote from: "rileyn"
Quote from: "PC"
Marlon Anderson's season batting average is .133 and he's a pinch hitter?

Don't look now but Schneider is down to .183 and he bats at least 4 times a game (not to mention his FOUR rbi's).

Don't look now but Zimmerman is now under .220.  He is a rookie so I will let him grown, but what is up with Schneider?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #58: April 24, 2006, 09:25:43 PM »
With the bottom of the order coming up in the 9th, this game is all but over.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #59: April 24, 2006, 09:26:46 PM »

The Reds going into tonight's game are 5 games over .500, the Nats are 4 games under... The Nats will win games where more than one of two players performs well, aside from that, I wont be holding my breathe very often.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #60: April 24, 2006, 09:32:52 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"

The Reds going into tonight's game are 5 games over .500, the Nats are 4 games under... The Nats will win games where more than one of two players performs well, aside from that, I wont be holding my breathe very often.

I love the optimistic spirit :lol: ...no but seriously Church, Clayton, Schneider, there couldn't be a more tailor made 1-2-3 inning, if it was the three freakin blind mice up there. AT LEAST THEY WOULD MAKE THE PITCHER THROW STRIKES WHICH MEANS HE WOULD THROW AT LEAST 9 PITCHES!!! more than the Nats get in most innings

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #61: April 24, 2006, 09:39:35 PM »
You're all of 18 years old. Unless the new owners do something to improve the team over the next few years, you'll look back at my comments and think I was very optimistic.

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #62: April 24, 2006, 09:43:15 PM »
WTF is wrong with Schneider?? The only reason the game's not over is because the Reds freakin bobbled the ball...Seriously it was a 2-0 count and the Speakers were like "with the way schenider's been swinging lately I figure he'd be taking here" "yea, you can't help the pitcher, you have to make him throw a good pitch if you're going to swing" "yea, he's looking for a ground ball" and Schneider IMMEDIATELY proceeds to ground to second base.. I USED TO LIKE HIM!!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #63: April 24, 2006, 09:45:16 PM »
Jesus the Nats have bonehead hitters. The leadoff hitter walks, and the next hitter up swings at the 1st two pitches, lets a ball go by and strikes out on a pitch that's way inside. Then the next batter does the smart thing and takes the first two pitches for balls, but nope not a smart hitter, he swings at the 1st pitch over the plate... IDIOTS

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #64: April 24, 2006, 09:45:50 PM »
BANG ZOOM... THE NATS LOSE!!! I think that should be our new saying, we should start celebrating losses because otherwise I don't think we'll be celebrating much.. I mean seriously, this was a TAILOR MADE win, the REDS who aren't that good regardless of their record..whose pitcher was JUST CALLED UP FROM AAA...and with our "ace" on the mound...ITS LIKE SERIOUSLY WHATS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM..I honestly feel that our chances are best against superstar pitchers because those are the only times we seem to win

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #65: April 24, 2006, 09:47:49 PM »
I'm starting to get a little annoyed at schneider. Well...make that really annoyed. Okay, hes in a slump. Thats alright, I mean what are you going to do. But when you are in a slump you have to recognize that and still help the team the best you can. After walking church on 4 pitches, and going 2-0 you try and work a walk. Maybe if you're Soriano right now, who is hitting everything in sight you take a swing. But if all you can do is hit double play balls, DONT SWING AT A 2-0 PITCH! You just try and get on base however you can, and try to get the top of the order up.

I'm starting to get a little fed up. He just doesn't seem to care at all about winning or the team.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #66: April 24, 2006, 09:48:28 PM »
With Livan pretty much guaranteed to give up 4 runs in the first 2 innings of any given game, he needs to be demoted to a short reliever, so he can still pinch hit.  Or replace him with a AAA guy.   :evil:

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #67: April 24, 2006, 09:50:26 PM »
Man, it's embarrassing following this team (the idiot pretenders). All I need now to make the embarrassment complete, is for Selig to choose Smulyan as the new owner. If he does that, I think I'll go back to being a Cards fan like I was in '68,

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #68: April 24, 2006, 09:51:35 PM »
Quote from: "KyleScha"
I'm starting to get a little annoyed at schneider. Well...make that really annoyed. Okay, hes in a slump. Thats alright, I mean what are you going to do. But when you are in a slump you have to recognize that and still help the team the best you can. After walking church on 4 pitches, and going 2-0 you try and work a walk. Maybe if you're Soriano right now, who is hitting everything in sight you take a swing. But if all you can do is hit double play balls, DONT SWING AT A 2-0 PITCH! You just try and get on base however you can, and try to get the top of the order up.

I'm starting to get a little fed up. He just doesn't seem to care at all about winning or the team.

omg...I just realized something your name is Kyle..so you're not a girl...sorry, for some reason I had assume you were a girl, I thought your name was something like Karla not Kyle..whoops :oops:

However, I would like to point out that there doesn't seem to be enough female posters, we need a women's perspective on baseball...Chief, Kenza and J-Mad, you guys should do more to try and recruit female posters..It is your civic duty!!!

Nationalzfanatic88

« Reply #69: April 24, 2006, 09:54:29 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
Man, it's embarrassing following this team (the idiot pretenders). All I need now to make the embarrassment complete, is for Selig to choose Smulyan as the new owner. If he does that, I think I'll go back to being a Cards fan like I was in '68,

'68.... :shock: ...you know where I was '68....20 years in the making, lol... I really think I'm going to start following the Indians pretty soon...Do the Royals actually have fans, I mean how could you possibly care for a team who has lost more than a 100 games two seasons in a row?? THe Nats are going to finish in the Cellar of the NL East, with more than 100 losses..But look at the bright side, the worst we do, the more likely the New Owner, regardless if it's Smulyan or not, will do something about it.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #70: April 24, 2006, 10:00:56 PM »

omg...I just realized something your name is Kyle..so you're not a girl...sorry, for some reason I had assume you were a girl, I thought your name was something like Karla not Kyle..whoops :oops:

However, I would like to point out that there doesn't seem to be enough female posters, we need a women's perspective on baseball...Chief, Kenza and J-Mad, you guys should do more to try and recruit female posters..It is your civic duty!!!

haha, that's okay. It has happened before, its that a at the end of my name there. It just kind of evolved that way (its the first 4 letters of my last name). A few years ago when I was making an email account I just kept adding a letter on until it wasnt taken. I'm not creative enough to think of an actual name so I just use it. I forgot that I can just register with my first name on small message boards.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #71: April 24, 2006, 10:04:58 PM »
.[/quote]'68.... :shock: ...you know where I was '68....20 years in the making, lol... I really think I'm going to start following the Indians pretty soon...Do the Royals actually have fans, I mean how could you possibly care for a team who has lost more than a 100 games two seasons in a row?? THe Nats are going to finish in the Cellar of the NL East, with more than 100 losses..But look at the bright side, the worst we do, the more likely the New Owner, regardless if it's Smulyan or not, will do something about it.[/quote]

Now you know how it felt to be a Senators fan.  Fans of any team with no chance of post-season play lives for making team records, or monster home runs or things like Zimmerman's Catch.  Or beating the Braves.  For the Senators, it was beating the Yankees and Orioles.  Damn Yankees was a good book about a die-hard Senators fan that was made into a musical play and movie.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #72: April 24, 2006, 11:42:18 PM »
Quote from: "KyleScha"

I was at the game yelling at him "Lean into one, Stein.  Don't you want to win?"

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #73: April 25, 2006, 12:14:30 AM »
Just got back from the game...ugh, how depressing.  They didn't have enough beer for my thirst.  I just kept wanting blur my vision enough to see Livan get a win.  Also of note: this was the first game in RFK that recorded under 20,000 people since the Nationals started playing.  Somebody needs to name an owner and start getting to work really fast.