Author Topic: Ian Desmond is impressing me!  (Read 3621 times)

Ryan Zimmerman

Ian Desmond is impressing me!
« Topic Start: July 10, 2005, 10:13:56 PM »
He's having a good start with Potomac (The advanced A class) and he was having some troubles to produce in Savannah.He went 4 for 5 today, with 2 runs, 2 doubles, 3rbi's. :shock:

Desmond's main problem is  consistency and he's making a lot of errors but he has plenty of time to work on it.He's 19 (will soon be 20) and he came from HS so it's not easy for him.

Desmond is the kind of player that will beat a team by many ways.He has some good speed (has 20 SB) and he's pretty good line drive hitter.He hasn't stoled a base in Potomac yet...we'll see.

Many have bashed him and for alot of persons he's a very overrated prospect...

Any thoughts?

Hardball in DC

As Axl Rose once said
« Reply #1: July 28, 2005, 12:44:28 PM »
A little patience ...

6BB in 19G (73AB).  If he is going to make the majors, he needs to learn how to take a walk.  Additionally, he is still making errors at a higher than desired.  He's at a minimum 2 years away, more likely 3+ years

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #2: July 28, 2005, 12:49:49 PM »
what about Kory Casto?

opinions?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #3: July 28, 2005, 01:08:40 PM »
I think Ian Desmond wont be promoted to AA until next season, but Kory Castro might cause the Nats to consider converting him or Zimmerman to SS. The only thing holding Castro in A ball is Zimmerman and the fact the Nats have blinders on where some of their prospects are concerned.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #4: July 28, 2005, 01:40:48 PM »
Casto is having a MONSTER season in Potomac.

He needs to be moved up, SOON.

Hardball in DC

« Reply #5: July 28, 2005, 02:29:19 PM »
from what I've seen of Casto, he may be destined for a corner OF spot.  Moving Zimmerman to SS right now might not be the best use of his skill set and I don't believe Casto has the glovve to play SS.  So outside of Casto playing 1B, where Larry Broadway is working his way up the ladder.  I'd like to see him move up to Harrisburg and play LF/RF with an occasional 3B/1B/DH appearance

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #6: July 28, 2005, 02:30:55 PM »
zimmerman is the future of the nats at 3rd base. i doubt theyd move him to SS.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #7: August 05, 2005, 04:38:42 PM »
Quote from: "Nats19"
lets go caps: 0-0-0
lets go nats: 55-47

Haven't updated your sig of late have you... LOL

DelNatsFan

« Reply #8: August 15, 2005, 10:35:35 PM »
I was at all 3 of their games in Wilmington this weekend. Desmond seemed to make the spectacular plays, and helped tuirn 3 textbook double plays Sat Night, but a few routine grounders went through the wickets. His hitting was decent. He definitely needs to spend more time in Potomac, Maybe at least half of next season.  Casto Looked phenomenal.  I would suggest moving Casto to short and leave Zim at 3rd. It seemed he was making all the plays.
 In fact, while he was singing my ball Friday, I said to Him," You'll be getting a call soon. Guz is struggling". He chuckled.