Author Topic: Listened to Bend Ya Knees featuring L Millz?  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Listened to Bend Ya Knees featuring L Millz?
« Topic Start: February 21, 2008, 08:52:38 PM »
I came across Lastings Milledge's rap and it's tame. Talk about a tempest in a teapot. I hope he plays better than he raps.

Go to and it's the "04" song on the little player on the right.
http://www.myspace.com/soldierboirecords

He should make it his at bat song when the Mets are in town.  ;)

Offline Dave B

Re: Listened to Bend Ya Knees featuring L Millz?
« Reply #1: February 21, 2008, 09:21:16 PM »
I came across Lastings Milledge's rap and it's tame. Talk about a tempest in a teapot. I hope he plays better than he raps.

Go to and it's the "04" song on the little player on the right.
http://www.myspace.com/soldierboirecords

He should make it his at bat song when the Mets are in town.  ;)

yeah it just kinda goes nowhere. pretty monotone. it never changes up

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #2: February 21, 2008, 10:10:26 PM »
He likes to see them broads get they knees dirty.....i aint mad at that.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #3: February 21, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »
Do you have dirty knees?

He likes to see them broads get they knees dirty.....i aint mad at that.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #4: February 21, 2008, 11:15:41 PM »

i don't know bout his rapping skills, but he sure looks nice in nationals colors.  :pimp:

and i can assure you he plays better than he raps. he's finally gonna get the chance to shine in center (his ideal position). however, dukes may very well steal lastings starter status. dukes is inevitably going to overtake either pena's or lastings' job.

MrMadison

« Reply #5: February 21, 2008, 11:36:15 PM »
i heard it a couple months ago.

it is one of the worst songs I've ever heard.  but then again, I have pretty stringent taste in hip-hop music.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #7: February 22, 2008, 10:13:59 PM »
yeah it just kinda goes nowhere. pretty monotone. it never changes up

sort of representive of the entire genre, eh?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #8: February 23, 2008, 11:32:25 AM »

i wouldnt say that. i like rap. the good songs usually have some catchy beats, at least in spots.  this one doesnt

MrMadison

« Reply #9: February 23, 2008, 11:47:45 AM »

no.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #10: February 23, 2008, 03:23:10 PM »
wrong. rap is tha most diverse genre of music out right.

No region sounds tha same.

Southern hip-hop sound, midwest hip-hop, east coast hip-hop, dc hip-hop, and west coast hip-hop all sound diferent.

hip-hop has so many sub-genres.

even in tha same region, rapper dont alwys sound alike.

Wale doesnt sound like tabi bonney.

jay-z dont sound like nas

freeway dont sould casiddy.

cam-ron doesnt sound like nature.

TI doesnt sound like Ludacris

scarface doesnt sound like lil flip

it because every producer and rapper have their own style.

« Reply #11: February 23, 2008, 03:44:51 PM »

Don't worry, Tom.  I have your back on this one.  It all pretty much sounds the same scrambled, sampled mess except for a few artists.

Offline Kilgore Trout

• Don't ask me about HGH or steroids!
« Reply #12: February 23, 2008, 03:57:51 PM »

(C)rap

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #13: February 23, 2008, 03:59:21 PM »
Don't worry, Tom.  I have your back on this one.  It all pretty much sounds the same scrambled, sampled mess except for a few artists.
thats cuz you dont listen to it.

aint you one of them country music stans???? you probably think 99.5 is tha hip-hop and r&b station in tha area.

thats like me saying all rock music sounds tha same.

it's your world tho....

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #14: February 23, 2008, 04:05:24 PM »
As long as the lyrics don't have killing anyone or taking advantage of women in it, I like some rap/hip hop. That Milledge song was pretty bad, though.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #15: February 23, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »
I'm not a rap fan. Certain songs are catchy, but nothing else. I respect a lot of older rap like Tupac and Nas because their songs had meaning and good lyrics. Eminem is like that to an extent. I actually do like Jay-Z though. Guy has my respect.

Now, douchebags like Solja Boy populate the country with stupid lyrics that make no goddamn sense. Worthless music.

I'm a country and rock fan and of course everyone has their own tastes but at least rock/country have songs with meaningful lyrics that are powerful and, for me, able to relate to my own events.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #16: February 23, 2008, 04:11:07 PM »
(C)rap

:rofl:

I don't understand why people get bent out of shape when others don't appreciate their choice of sounds.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #17: February 23, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
I'm not a rap fan. Certain songs are catchy, but nothing else. I respect a lot of older rap like Tupac and Nas because their songs had meaning and good lyrics. Eminem is like that to an extent. I actually do like Jay-Z though. Guy has my respect.

Now, douchebags like Solja Boy populate the country with stupid lyrics that make no goddamn sense. Worthless music.

I'm a country and rock fan and of course everyone has their own tastes but at least rock/country have songs with meaningful lyrics that are powerful and, for me, able to relate to my own events.

problem with non-hip-hop listeners is they dont understand tha diversity of hip-hop.

Solja boi is 18 and is makin music thats about his life. he partys all day and therefore make party music. you expect him to sound like nas when he doesnt go thru what nas goes thru and isnt in Nas siuation. nas and soujah boi have completely different audiences and demographic.

soujah boi audence is a lot younger than Nas. he's puttin it down for tha ppl ages12-25). aint nothin worng with older ppl enjoying his music either tho.

not everyody is gointo make serious music. thats tha nice thing about hip-hop its cater to everybody.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #18: February 23, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
:rofl:

I don't understand why people get bent out of shape when others don't appreciate their choice of sounds.

i know ppl dont like rap. my parents hate it. i just hate tha misconceptions about. 

ppl who listen to rap usually have negative views about it.

i dont listen to country music but i dont have anything negative about it, despite tha politicalness of it sometimes.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #19: February 23, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »
problem with non-hip-hop listeners is they dont understand tha diversity of hip-hop.

Solja boi is 18 and is makin music thats about his life. he partys all day and therefore make party music. you expect him to sound like nas when he doesnt go thru what nas goes thru and isnt in Nas siuation. nas and soujah boi have cimpletely diffent audiences and demographic.

soujah boi audence is a lot younger than Nas. he's puttin it down for tha ppl ages12-25). aint nothin worng with older ppl enjoying his music either tho.

not everyody is gointo make serious music. thats tha nice thing about hip-hop its cater to everybody.

You can make that same argument for country. At least with country music, the song's aren't about degrading women, shooting people, getting high, whatever. Hip-hip isn't the only genre that caters to everyone. Honestly, I've maybe heard one or two songs that can remotely relate me or someone I know. I don't know anyone "supermanning hoes."

For example, Taylor Swift's songs are all written by her about her friends and her own experiences. Those experiences are usually about boys and breakups, about good times with friends, and about being 17.

Kenny Chesney's songs (now) are more about older couples, about divorces, about working, about relaxing, about growing up in East Tennesse (his staple genre). It's different. Craig Morgan sings about God, his wife, his redneck lifestyle.

Country song topics generally stay in similar themes, as does any genre, but each artist has his or her own style to it, much like rap or rock.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #20: February 23, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »
i know ppl dont like rap. my parents hate it. i just hate tha misconceptions about. 

ppl who listen to rap usually have negative views about it.

i dont listen to country music but i dont have anything negative about it, despite tha politicalness of it sometimes.

Yea, I don't like rap but I know people who do. Different tastes, of course. My only negative is the newer stuff that just is meaningless. The older stuff (one of my best friends has a bunch and I always listen to it with him) is great and strong. That stuff I respect.

But I can see why people like/dislike each genre.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #21: February 23, 2008, 04:23:15 PM »
I loveeeeeeee music but I hate Rap.

Alternative Rock > All.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #22: February 23, 2008, 04:25:00 PM »
rap/hip hop > all.  :P

t.i. and kanye west > any other musical artists.

Offline Kilgore Trout

• Don't ask me about HGH or steroids!
« Reply #23: February 23, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »
After some discussion with the rest of the mods about the need for a little more help around the board, the decision was made to offer Tomterp a position on the moderator team, and he has graciously accepted.

Tomterp has been a model citizen and is also a frequent and will-informed contributor.  I'm not one to give speeches, so I'll just start him off with a round of applause and welcome him to the team :clap:

Tom --- if ever there was an invitation for a new Mod to shift a thread to "Off Topic", this is it. YO. YO.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #24: February 23, 2008, 04:37:35 PM »
I loveeeeeeee music but I hate Rap.

Alternative Rock > All.

That first statement is an oxymoron, isnt it.

I like alternative rock too, although not as much as i used. i enjoyed it best from 98-2002

I have both of Linkin Park first two cd's(Hybrid Theory is a top ten album ever for me.), i have tha first Incubus cd. tha one with drive. I have POD's satelite cd. i really youth of tha nation.

I have two Limp Bizkit cd's CHock starfish one adn tha one wiht nookie and break stuff.

I dont think KoRn is considered alternive rock but i have their cd too.

I also had Puddle of Mudd( i thought since i liked Blurry i would like their music but thats wasnt tha case.)

Nowadays though, its better for me to just make a mixed cd of alternive rock songs than buy whole cd's