Author Topic: Cleveland Indians sign OF Nick Swisher  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Tribe Time

• Long Live LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!
Cleveland Indians sign OF Nick Swisher
« Topic Start: December 23, 2012, 10:12:10 AM »
The Indians have signed Swisher to a 4 year, $52 million dollar deal ($14 mil./annually)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/indians-to-sign-nick-swisher.html

Indians 2013 Lineup:

1) SS Asdrubal Cabrera
2) 2B Jason Kipnis
3) CF Drew Stubbs
4) C   Carlos Santana
5) RF  Nick Swisher
6) LF  Michael Brantley
7) 1B  Mark Reynolds
8 ) 3B  Lonnie Chisenhall
9) DH  Matt LaPorta

Pitching Rotation:

A) Justin Masterson
2) Ubaldo Jimenez
3) Zach McAllister
4) Carlos Carrasco
5) Trevor Bauer

7th Inning Reliever: Joe Smith
SETUP:  Vinnie Pestano
CLOSER:  Chris Perez

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Cleveland Indians sign OF Nick Swisher
« Reply #1: December 23, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
Should be a nice signing.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: December 23, 2012, 12:12:10 PM »
The Indians have signed Swisher to a 4 year, $52 million dollar deal ($14 mil./annually)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/indians-to-sign-nick-swisher.html

Indians 2013 Lineup [// lines added]:
                                             2013 Bill James Projection       Career
1) SS Asdrubal Cabrera         .277 / .341 / .430                    .279 / .342 / .416
2) 2B Jason Kipnis                 .274 / .351 / .429                    .260 / .335 / .403
3) CF Drew Stubbs                .246 / .319 / .386                    .241 / .312 / .386
4) C   Carlos Santana            .261 / .383 / .476                    .247 / .363 / .443
5) RF  Nick Swisher                .256 / .362 / .458                    .256 / .361 / .467
6) LF  Michael Brantley          .279 / .344 / .379                     .274 / .329 / .376
7) 1B  Mark Reynolds             .231 / .336 /.463                     .235 / .332 / .475
8 ) 3B  Lonnie Chisenhall
9) DH  Matt LaPorta

I go:
Swisher
Cabrera
Kipnis
Santana
Reynolds
Brantley
LaPorta
Chisenhall
Stubbs

Your two best hitters are Swisher and Santana.  Kipnis and Asdrubal are close.  I like Brantley, and coudl flip flop him with Reynolds.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #3: December 24, 2012, 11:49:31 AM »
Need another starter. Ubaldo is suckitude and it wouldn't be wise to rely on Carrasco too heavily coming off injury.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #4: December 24, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
NY Times sees it as yet another hole in the Yankees offense...Ibanez just signed somewhere, and Russell Martin is gone (haven't looked much...HTTR).

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #5: December 24, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »
Need another starter. Ubaldo is suckitude and it wouldn't be wise to rely on Carrasco too heavily coming off injury.

COMPLETELY  agree

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #6: December 24, 2012, 08:05:52 PM »
Good pickup - his wife is super hot

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #7: December 25, 2012, 04:31:56 AM »
So you'd Swisher?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #8: December 25, 2012, 09:37:25 AM »
So you'd Swisher?
:rimshot:

Swisher? I hardly know her

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #9: December 25, 2012, 11:41:29 AM »
Good pickup - his wife is super hot
Is that his second wife? I see two names on the internet search.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #10: December 25, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »
A guy from Ohio dies and goes to Hell. He had been a horrible man all his life. The devil puts him to work breaking up rocks with a sledgehammer. To make it even worse, he cranks up the temperature and humidity.

After a couple of days, the devil checks in on his victim to see if he is suffering adequately. The devil is aghast as the Ohioan is happily swinging his hammer and whistling a happy tune. The devil walks up to him and says "I don't understand this! I've turned the heat way up, it's humid and you're crushing rocks. Why are you so happy?"

The Ohioan, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great! It reminds me of August in Cleveland. Hot, humid and a good place to work. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!" The devil, extremely perplexed, walks away to ponder the Ohioan's remarks.

He then decides to drop the temperature, send down a driving rain and torrential winds. Soon, Hell is a wet, muddy mess. Walking in mud up to his knees with dust blowing in his eyes, the Ohioan is happily slogging through the mud pushing a wheelbarrow full of crushed rocks.

Again, the devil asks how he can be so happy in such awful conditions. The Ohioan, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great! It's just like April in Cleveland. It reminds me of working out in the yard with spring planting. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!"

Now the devil is completely baffled. He is more determined than ever to make the Ohioan suffer. He then makes the temperature plummet. Suddenly, Hell is blanketed in feet of snow and ice. Confident that this will finally make the Ohioan unhappy, he checks in on him again. He is again aghast at what he sees!

The Ohioan is dancing, singing, and twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in utter glee.

"How can you be so happy? Don't you know it's 40 below zero?" screams the devil. Jumping up and down the Ohioan throws a snowball at the devil and yells "Hell is frozen over!! The Browns won the Super Bowl!! The Browns won the Super Bowl!!"

Offline Tribe Time

« Reply #11: December 25, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
A guy from Ohio dies and goes to Hell. He had been a horrible man all his life. The devil puts him to work breaking up rocks with a sledgehammer. To make it even worse, he cranks up the temperature and humidity.

After a couple of days, the devil checks in on his victim to see if he is suffering adequately. The devil is aghast as the Ohioan is happily swinging his hammer and whistling a happy tune. The devil walks up to him and says "I don't understand this! I've turned the heat way up, it's humid and you're crushing rocks. Why are you so happy?"

The Ohioan, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great! It reminds me of August in Cleveland. Hot, humid and a good place to work. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!" The devil, extremely perplexed, walks away to ponder the Ohioan's remarks.

He then decides to drop the temperature, send down a driving rain and torrential winds. Soon, Hell is a wet, muddy mess. Walking in mud up to his knees with dust blowing in his eyes, the Ohioan is happily slogging through the mud pushing a wheelbarrow full of crushed rocks.

Again, the devil asks how he can be so happy in such awful conditions. The Ohioan, with a big smile, looks at the devil and replies, "This is great! It's just like April in Cleveland. It reminds me of working out in the yard with spring planting. It reminds me of home. This is fantastic!"

Now the devil is completely baffled. He is more determined than ever to make the Ohioan suffer. He then makes the temperature plummet. Suddenly, Hell is blanketed in feet of snow and ice. Confident that this will finally make the Ohioan unhappy, he checks in on him again. He is again aghast at what he sees!

The Ohioan is dancing, singing, and twirling his sledgehammer as he cavorts in utter glee.

"How can you be so happy? Don't you know it's 40 below zero?" screams the devil. Jumping up and down the Ohioan throws a snowball at the devil and yells "Hell is frozen over!! The Browns won the Super Bowl!! The Browns won the Super Bowl!!"

LOL.  Good one!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #12: December 26, 2012, 10:13:43 AM »
Is that his second wife? I see two names on the internet search.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Swisher#Marriage

That's a really bad picture of her

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #13: December 26, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

She played the daughter in Reba (not that I ever ever watched that show ever).

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #14: January 02, 2013, 02:14:03 PM »
Cleveland has signed Brett Myers. Nice signing. Decent inning eater who can move to the pen to make a rotation spot for someone else if necessary.

Offline codedandunited

« Reply #15: January 05, 2013, 07:31:00 AM »
This move would probably push Bauer into starting the season in Triple-A, but that shouldn't be a huge issue.