Author Topic: Hokie Hope day Friday 4/20  (Read 1400 times)

Offline kimnat

Hokie Hope day Friday 4/20
« Topic Start: April 19, 2007, 04:08:59 PM »
Don't forget to wear your maroon and orange tomorrow for "Hokie Hope Day".  I've read it in several places.  It's a really nice gesture to show support for these kids.

nospinzone1

Re: Hokie Hope day Friday 4/20
« Reply #1: April 20, 2007, 10:33:24 AM »
Don't forget to wear your maroon and orange tomorrow for "Hokie Hope Day".  I've read it in several places.  It's a really nice gesture to show support for these kids.

I AM BUYING A VT BASEBALL HAT TODAY AND WEAR IT.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #2: April 20, 2007, 03:50:16 PM »
Yeah, I pulled out a maroon shirt and orangy scarf, then went out and found an orange tank top to go w/ my maroon shirt.  Then bought a tee shirt each for hubby and TFS.  :D

nospinzone1

« Reply #3: April 20, 2007, 05:27:48 PM »
Yeah, I pulled out a maroon shirt and orangy scarf, then went out and found an orange tank top to go w/ my maroon shirt.  Then bought a tee shirt each for hubby and TFS.  :D

CANT BELIEVE IT....SPORTS AUTHORITY ON ROCKVILLE PIKE DOES NOT CARRY VT HATS.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: April 20, 2007, 07:08:08 PM »
Too close to Terpland.

nospinzone1

« Reply #5: April 21, 2007, 05:00:29 PM »
Too close to Terpland.
RATHER THAN THE HAT I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE. DO YO OR ANYONE ELSE KNOW HOW?

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #6: April 21, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »
I went to the Nebraska vs Texas game the past couple of days.  The Nebraska players wore a temporary patch on their unis and Texas wore VT hats.  It was pretty cool, especially since my Huskers beat up Texas pretty good.  Though Texas turned the tables today. 

Offline kimnat

« Reply #7: April 23, 2007, 10:08:26 AM »
HERE YA GO NOSPIN.  I FOUND THIS ON www.vt.edu.  THERE'S AN 800 # THAT CAN BE USED TOO.

http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php

« Reply #8: April 23, 2007, 10:31:21 AM »
This whole event is a PRs worst nightmare and biggest wet dream.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #9: April 23, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
They taught us in our PR classes how important it is to have a crisis plan created for those "just in case" situations.  But I don't think any PR rep could have ever imagined this one coming.  But then again, if it happened at columbine, tech "shouldn't" have been completely surprised.  When creating a crisis management plan you have to imagine the unimaginable.

« Reply #10: April 23, 2007, 11:15:53 AM »
They taught us in our PR classes how important it is to have a crisis plan created for those "just in case" situations.  But I don't think any PR rep could have ever imagined this one coming.  But then again, if it happened at columbine, tech "shouldn't" have been completely surprised.  When creating a crisis management plan you have to imagine the unimaginable.

But they are certainly taking every advantage they can during the aftermath.  This "We are all Hokies" is certainly making someone money.  Just look at the majority of college websites.  VTs name is strewn across each one.  Look at Facebook, Myspace.  Cute little ribbons posted on thousands of pages.  College campuses all over the US hold vigils, memorials, donations, etc. all in the name of VT which they may or may not ever of thought of if this tragedy never happened.  Their swag can't stay on the shelves currently.

Honestly, no University can buy such publicity at the moment.

But I've honestly got to wonder who decided to make the Hokie Day on 4/20 the Stoner's Holiday.  Bad choice there.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #11: April 23, 2007, 01:29:34 PM »
OH NO!  I didn't notice the 420 bit!!!   :shock:  But yeah, you can't pay for this amount of publicity.  Fortunately, there are great chances for contributions to the students and their families and not just line someone's pocket.  But there's most likely a bit of that going on too, sad as it is.

But I must admit, if Andrew wants to go there, I'll be ok w/ that.  I'm a Virginian through and through.  Dan wants him to go to UMD.  I want him and the girls to stay in VA, cheaper, too!  Plus we have a ton of excellent schools to choose from!

nospinzone1

« Reply #12: April 23, 2007, 06:32:04 PM »
HERE YA GO NOSPIN.  I FOUND THIS ON www.vt.edu.  THERE'S AN 800 # THAT CAN BE USED TOO.

http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php

THANKS KIMSIE BABY. YOU ARE A LIVING DOLL AS WELL AS ERICA....

nospinzone1

« Reply #13: April 23, 2007, 06:33:33 PM »
OH NO!  I didn't notice the 420 bit!!!   :shock:  But yeah, you can't pay for this amount of publicity.  Fortunately, there are great chances for contributions to the students and their families and not just line someone's pocket.  But there's most likely a bit of that going on too, sad as it is.

But I must admit, if Andrew wants to go there, I'll be ok w/ that.  I'm a Virginian through and through.  Dan wants him to go to UMD.  I want him and the girls to stay in VA, cheaper, too!  Plus we have a ton of excellent schools to choose from!

EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN ROCKVILLE, I AGREE WITH YOU.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #14: April 25, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »
  Dan wants him to go to UMD. 

A very wise man, your Dan.

nospinzone1

« Reply #15: April 25, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
A very wise man, your Dan.
ONLY IF HE WANTS TOL BE A PARTY MAN. VIRGINIA SCHOOLS ARE MORE SERIOUS THAN MARYLAND.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #16: April 25, 2007, 04:53:26 PM »
ONLY IF HE WANTS TOL BE A PARTY MAN. VIRGINIA SCHOOLS ARE MORE SERIOUS THAN MARYLAND.

LOL, well, I won't deny the heritage of the schools, but in the last several decades, the University of Maryland has been steadily climbing up the academic ladder in many key areas, including engineering and business.  I bet if you compared programs side by side where both Va Tech and Md. each offered the same majors, that Md. would rank higher more often.  Mind you, I am not bashing Va. Tech, which is the school of choice for my neighborhood, and I have many friends and relatives who have attended there.  It is a fine school.  But the point I am making, is that many people have an outdated view of Maryland's academic status, that is not keeping pace with the significant upgrades that have happened there.