Author Topic: Can't stand the official site message board anymore  (Read 869 times)

Offline HATA

Sorry for the random rant but... I used to be somewhat of a regular on the message board of the official site.  I was posting messages the moment the site made the change from the Expos to the Nationals.  I just can't stand it anymore.  First two seasons were filled with trolls from rival teams within the NL East, and this season Orioles fans feel like they have some right to dump all over us for something. 

I made the switch from that message board to this one earlier this season, and I don't miss that garbage on the official site at all.  I just want to enjoy baseball... not constantly defend my self, my team, and D.C. from bitter fans who can only feel better about themselves by raiding other message boards.

End rant

Yep, I've gone cold turkey myself.

Offline kimnat

Same here.  I check it out periodically.  But not in near the frequent amounts I used to.  This place is tons nicer and better!

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
I think I've posted an average of one message a month on the Nats message board over the past few months. The topics of discussion are much better here, more diverse and definitely more enjoyable to read and respond to. The Nats doesn't even compare anymore. They are old shoe.

Offline UMDNats

Took one look there, and never looked back.

nospinzone1

Sorry for the random rant but... I used to be somewhat of a regular on the message board of the official site.  I was posting messages the moment the site made the change from the Expos to the Nationals.  I just can't stand it anymore.  First two seasons were filled with trolls from rival teams within the NL East, and this season Orioles fans feel like they have some right to dump all over us for something. 

I made the switch from that message board to this one earlier this season, and I don't miss that garbage on the official site at all.  I just want to enjoy baseball... not constantly defend my self, my team, and D.C. from bitter fans who can only feel better about themselves by raiding other message boards.

End rant

AMEN! ME2. THIS IS A HECK OF  A LOT BETTER SITE.

Offline HATA

I made the mistake of looking at the message board of the main site again, it really got my blood boiling.  There must be a way to block the site from my internet so I'm not tempted to see what's being said.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Yep.  I actually enjoyed it, right up to July of 2006.  That's when the trolls became way too much for me.  Haven't posted there since.