Author Topic: Nats sign MacDougal to Minor League Deal  (Read 4196 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: Nats sign MacDougal to Minor League Deal
« Reply #25: May 03, 2009, 02:12:17 PM »
Um, Tavarez and Wells have been solid for this team so far.

Don't get these guys started...

« Reply #26: May 03, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »
This guy's not even from the top of the scrapheap... he's from the very bottom, where the weight and compression of the things above have turned everything into a foul-smelling ooze.  Our very own human compost pitcher.

You make Meiklejohn want to cry...

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #27: May 03, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »
Kip Wells is walking 10 batters per 9 and striking out a hair over 4.  Yeah, he's been brilliant.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #28: May 03, 2009, 02:34:46 PM »
Kip Wells is walking 10 batters per 9 and striking out a hair over 4.  Yeah, he's been brilliant.

so? he's not giving up runs, and he's not blowing situations... as long as a reliever doesn't give up runs, they can do whatever they want.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #29: May 03, 2009, 02:35:40 PM »
so? he's not giving up runs, and he's not blowing situations... as long as a reliever doesn't give up runs, they can do whatever they want.
he's freaking awful. only a matter of time before he blows it.

he's been one of the worst pitchers in all of baseball over the last 5 years.

MrMadison

« Reply #30: May 03, 2009, 02:41:28 PM »
contrary to popular belief, this is still jimbo's team. he assembled it, except for beimel. so he gets credit for improving the offense and blame for ignoring the bullpen. rizzo gets credit for beimel and blame for failing to fix jimbo's mistake.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #31: May 03, 2009, 02:43:28 PM »
Why isn't this in the farm forum?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #32: May 03, 2009, 02:45:05 PM »
This wasn't a bad signing at all. We have no bullpen depth whatsoever. It's never a bad thing to give yourself more options in the minors.

Offline uncleteddy

« Reply #33: May 03, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »

I'm puking all over the floor, but when I do, it doesn't splash on my shoes.  I guess I'm ok then.

Show me an effective reliever in the entirety of baseball history who walks 10 batters per 9.

He may have gotten the job done over a few games, but unless he improves his command/control, you'll be longing for Steven Shell.

MrMadison

« Reply #34: May 03, 2009, 02:46:59 PM »
for the most part it seems that rizzo is doing the exact same thing jimbo has been doing in regards to relief pitching. dumpster diving. if you bashed jimbo for it, then you should bash rizzo for it too. if you defended jimbo doing this, then STFU.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #35: May 03, 2009, 02:47:05 PM »
well he's doing fine right now, if he starts to suck send him down, but he's better than most of the other freakers we have on this team, like hanrahan and rivera.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #36: May 03, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »
for the most part it seems that rizzo is doing the exact same thing jimbo has been doing in regards to relief pitching. dumpster diving. if you bashed jimbo for it, then you should bash rizzo for it too. if you defended jimbo doing this, then STFU.
QFT. these guys are even worse than the guys that JB brought in here.

Logan Kensing and Mike MacDougal?!! These guys are GARBAGE and they don't throw strikes. We already have enough of that around here.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #37: May 03, 2009, 02:49:55 PM »

I agree with JMad. The thing is...at this point in the season, who is out there that can really help our bullpen? Outside of a trade, I don't see any viable options out there. I think we're stuck with this mess for a while.

MrMadison

« Reply #38: May 03, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »
get real, sf. these guys are not worse than the guys jimbo brought in. they are all bad. quit trying in vain to make people miss jimbo.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #39: May 03, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »
everyone was jocking Rizzo but he has been pretty damn awful. his efforts to "improve" the pen are laughable.

he has refused to make trades to address weaknesses and deal from an area of strength.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #40: May 03, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
1. He's going to have to perform in the minors to get called up.
2. He's not blocking anyone.

This wasn't a bad signing. No need to nag about it.

Offline blue911

« Reply #41: May 03, 2009, 03:00:07 PM »
everyone was jocking Rizzo but he has been pretty damn awful. his efforts to "improve" the pen are laughable.

he has refused to make trades to address weaknesses and deal from an area of strength.

What trades?

Offline sportsfan882

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #43: May 03, 2009, 03:04:18 PM »
everyone was jocking Rizzo but he has been pretty darn awful. his efforts to "improve" the pen are laughable.

You can't make trades if no one is willing to take the players you need to get rid of.  No contenders have been hit hard by injuries yet.  Let's let the season develop a bit more before we kill him.  You can't undo all JimBo's mess in 2 months.

Offline blue911

« Reply #44: May 03, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »
exactly :clap:

What do mean? see DPM's post above.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #45: May 03, 2009, 03:18:42 PM »

Well, he got Beimel, something JB couldn't have done. And then, we can't be sure what people want for NJ or Kearns. Although, unlike you guys, I would not want to move NJ for a relief pitcher unless he's a damn good pitcher. I believe we could get a solid RP for Kearns, but we'd have to take on his contract, which is obviously an issue here.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #46: May 03, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
What do mean? see DPM's post above.
NJ is at peak value. surely some team would like his services

Offline blue911

« Reply #47: May 03, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
NJ is at peak value. surely some team would like his services

Of course some team want Nicky. But what are they going to give up? Every person that lives in GMT+ knows that the Nats need pitching. Who exactly is trying to dump pitching?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #48: May 03, 2009, 05:29:01 PM »
dumpster diving :clap:

This is definitely more dumpster diving. It is bad enough that this team actually signed garbage like Wil Ledezma and the absolute worthless trash in Kip Wells. There is no reason to compound it by adding yet another bullpen guy who walks too many people.

Rizzo seems useless with these moves. We have Willingham riding pine and we do this? I'd like to believe there is method to the madness. But I see zero method and a ridiculous amount of madness. We also have several vets who are ready to go FA who are at peak value, and we are doing nothing with that.

Fact: Every other team in the league was better than the Nats last year
Fact: Every other team in the league was better than the Nats this year
Fact: Every other FO in the league thinks the Nats organization is freaked up

So who are we supposed to believe knows what the hell they are doing?

Offline blue911

« Reply #49: May 03, 2009, 05:32:43 PM »
This is definitely more dumpster diving. It is bad enough that this team actually signed garbage like Wil Ledezma and the absolute worthless trash in Kip Wells. There is no reason to compound it by adding yet another bullpen guy who walks too many people.

Rizzo seems useless with these moves. We have Willingham riding pine and we do this? I'd like to believe there is method to the madness. But I see zero method and a ridiculous amount of madness. We also have several vets who are ready to go FA who are at peak value, and we are doing nothing with that.

Fact: Every other team in the league was better than the Nats last year
Fact: Every other team in the league was better than the Nats this year
Fact: Every other FO in the league thinks the Nats organization is freaked up

So who are we supposed to believe knows what the hell they are doing?

I don't understand how this is any different than the Yankees signing Casey Fossum. Just because the Nationals need quality arms shouldn't preclude them from signing the McDougal's of the world.