Author Topic: FOR YOUR INFORMATION  (Read 983 times)

nospinzone1

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
« Topic Start: November 06, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »
I participate in Cuban political chat rooms where insults are routine, incljuding recalling members of one's family. I do not how, but there is a forist there that using his vast knowledge of cibernetics trolled my participation in this forum and has been threatening to come into this one to expose me as I dont know what....

Can somebody tell me if what he did is against the law or how was he able to find that I participate here?

Offline kimnat

Re: FOR YOUR INFORMATION
« Reply #1: November 06, 2007, 05:04:50 PM »
It's not illegal to go perusing comments on the forum, no matter what the reason (fun or questionable).  Once we post them on a public forum, they are then public knowledge.  But if he gets vicious w/ attacks on you, like person in nature - i.e. finding you and personally in your presence bugging you , you could contact the police and tell them he's harassing you.  But until that happens, or a threat is made against you, nothing can really be done.  Just check and see what he's saying about his participation here and try to compare it to comments you see here to see if you can match it up w/ his moniker in both places.

nospinzone1

« Reply #2: November 06, 2007, 05:13:14 PM »
HE HAS NOT DONE IT. BUT I AM REALLY INRTERESTED IN HOW HE TECHNICALLY WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT THAT I PARTICIPATE HERE. MAYBE THE CHIEF CAN TELL OR ANYONE ELSE. I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT HE MIGHT SAY ABOUT ME HERE , IF HE DOES, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU GUYS KNOW ME PERSONALLY AND HE DOES NOT.

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: November 06, 2007, 05:34:59 PM »
Maybe he just made the connection by something that you mentioned in passing on the other forum, perhaps relating to the Nats? Or as kimnat said, he may have compared monikers if you use the same one at both sites.  Sounds like a troublemaker.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #4: November 06, 2007, 05:36:10 PM »
Have you used your real name on the other board at all?  I believe you have used it here.  He coulda just done a websearch on you real name.

nospinzone1

« Reply #5: November 06, 2007, 05:45:11 PM »
Have you used your real name on the other board at all?  I believe you have used it here.  He coulda just done a websearch on you real name.

NO, I THINK NATSFAN IS ON TO SOMETHING SINCE I USE THE SAME NICK EVERYWHERE. HE EVEN THOUGHT THAT MY AVATAR WAS REALLY ME. AND WHEN I TOLD HIM IT WAS PASCUAL HE CALLS HIM DUCK PASCUAL

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #6: November 06, 2007, 05:51:19 PM »
kimnat is an expert in this art but you should beware, the one young man this was done to was said to "have it coming to him" so you may be in the same boat. :lol:

nospinzone1

« Reply #7: November 06, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »
NOT WORRIED ABOUT HIM. SOME OF YOU KNOW ME PERSONALLY AND I DOUBT HE CAN EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. WHAT COULD HE SAYS ABOUT ME? LIKE I SAID, NOT WORRIED.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #8: November 06, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »
NOT WORRIED ABOUT HIM. SOME OF YOU KNOW ME PERSONALLY AND I DOUBT HE CAN EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. WHAT COULD HE SAYS ABOUT ME? LIKE I SAID, NOT WORRIED.

Yeah I was joking with you. It was mostly a jab at our dear friend kimnat. The story has a familiar ring to it and a touch of irony all things considered. The idea of kimnat counseling you on this has me :rofl:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #9: November 06, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
Maybe he just made the connection by something that you mentioned in passing on the other forum, perhaps relating to the Nats? Or as kimnat said, he may have compared monikers if you use the same one at both sites.

QFT

As for this part:

Sounds like a troublemaker.

It depends on whether you meant this for the "alleged" offender or whether it was meant for nospin.  :|

natsfan1a

« Reply #10: November 06, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »
I meant the other fellow, not nospin. nospin's our baseball buddy. :thumbs:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #11: November 06, 2007, 06:09:25 PM »
I meant the other fellow, not nospin. nospin's our baseball buddy. :thumbs:

In that case I won't anoint it with QFT  :lol:

natsfan1a

« Reply #12: November 06, 2007, 06:11:06 PM »
Well, I got one QFT, so I guess I won't get greedy. :lol:

In that case I won't anoint it with QFT  :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #13: November 06, 2007, 06:23:59 PM »
Well, I got one QFT, so I guess I won't get greedy. :lol:

A partial one or a PQFT :lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #14: November 06, 2007, 06:52:14 PM »
Google Nospinzone1. The second link it returned was to wnff.net.

HE HAS NOT DONE IT. BUT I AM REALLY INRTERESTED IN HOW HE TECHNICALLY WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT THAT I PARTICIPATE HERE. MAYBE THE CHIEF CAN TELL OR ANYONE ELSE. I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT HE MIGHT SAY ABOUT ME HERE , IF HE DOES, BECAUSE I KNOW YOU GUYS KNOW ME PERSONALLY AND HE DOES NOT.

natsfan1a

« Reply #15: November 06, 2007, 07:03:11 PM »
Gee, thanks. I am not worthy... :lol:

A partial one or a PQFT :lol:

nospinzone1

« Reply #16: November 06, 2007, 07:18:02 PM »
Google Nospinzone1. The second link it returned was to wnff.net.

YOU WERE RIGHT!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #17: November 07, 2007, 08:01:52 AM »
Google indexes a shocking amount of information.
YOU WERE RIGHT!

Offline kimnat

« Reply #18: November 07, 2007, 08:38:59 AM »
Yeah I was joking with you. It was mostly a jab at our dear friend kimnat. The story has a familiar ring to it and a touch of irony all things considered. The idea of kimnat counseling you on this has me :rofl:

>:(