Author Topic: Spring Training Gameday Thread 3/13/2014 - Nationals vs. Mets  (Read 1011 times)

Offline PC

Game on.   We get the "honor" of having the only game today that's not broadcast on tv or radio.  Good work, MASN and JFK!  :roll:

Offline PC

WASHINGTON NATIONALS vs. NEW YORK METS
Where: Space Coast Stadium, Viera
Gametime: 1:05 p.m. EDT
TV: None
Radio: None
Weather: Sunny, 58 degrees, Wind 18 mph out to LF

NATIONALS
CF Denard Span
2B Jeff Kobernus
LF Bryce Harper
C Wilson Ramos
1B Adam LaRoche
3B Zach Walters
DH Tyler Moore
SS Danny Espinosa
RF Brian Goodwin
(LHP Ross Detwiler)

METS
SS Ruben Tejada
2B Daniel Murphy
3B David Wright
RF Curtis Granderson
1B Josh Satin
C Travis d’Arnaud
LF Andrew Brown
DH Anthony Recker
CF Matt den Dekker
(RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka)

Offline PC

Span doubled in the first and scored.  We lead 1-0 going to the top of the 2nd.

Offline PC

LaRoche singles ans steals second!...and we miss it!

Offline sportsfan882

Det looking better thus far. 3 scoreless

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Game on.   We get the "honor" of having the only game today that's not broadcast on tv or radio.  Good work, MASN and JFK!  :roll:

JFK has football free agency to discuss.    Double  :roll: :roll:

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
No Ryan Zimmerman?

Offline pazzo83

Soriano's pitching...

Offline pazzo83

Soriano's pitching...

Holy crap, he got through the inning without allowing a man on base.  ERA is down to 27.00!!!

Offline sportsfan882

Delcarmen just blew any chance he had of making the team. 2 walks.

Offline sportsfan882

Meltdown. Walks in a run and the Mets have the lead.

Offline pazzo83

Say what you will, this club fights.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Who is Brock Peterson

Offline pazzo83

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
But who is he

Offline pazzo83

Quite a few pitchers all but assured their dismissal from camp the past few games.

Offline PC

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

This team has blown three consecutive games in the 9th inning.  It doesn't matter that it's spring training.   It doesn't matter that the games don't count.  It doesn't matter which players are playing!

The same excuses used for the Nationals, apply to the other team and the other teams aren't blowing leads like they've never played baseball a day in their lives!

Offline pazzo83

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

This team has blown three consecutive games in the 9th inning.  It doesn't matter that it's spring training.   It doesn't matter that the games don't count.  It doesn't matter which players are playing!

The same excuses used for the Nationals, apply to the other team and the other teams aren't blowing leads like they've never played baseball a day in their lives!

The pitchers we've been trotting out will never see a ML game.  Calm down.

Offline pazzo83

Although it seems to be almost widespread with this staff to get to two outs easily and then implode.  That HAS to be fixed.

Offline PC

The pitchers we've been trotting out will never see a ML game.  Calm down.

Doesn't that apply to the other team?  If it doesn't, why are we "trotting out pitchers who will never see a ML game"?  If true, what precisely is being gained by using pitchers who will never see a ML game when the other team isn't doing the same thing?

This was a fricking home game.  They can't possibly use the "ran out of pitchers" line.

Offline HalfSmokes

because they are treating spring training with the same seriousness that you'd expect them to treat games that don't count leading into a 162 game season?

Offline pazzo83

Doesn't that apply to the other team?  If it doesn't, why are we "trotting out pitchers who will never see a ML game"?  If true, what precisely is being gained by using pitchers who will never see a ML game when the other team isn't doing the same thing?

This was a fricking home game.  They can't possibly use the "ran out of pitchers" line.

Only thing I can think of is give them a chance to prove their worth.  My guess is we won't be seeing Delcarmen, Gilliam, or Dupra in any box score during the season.

Offline PC

[calming down]

I hate losing even when the games don't count.  I hate losing games in the 9th inning period.  Losing games like the last three because the team can't execute the minimal level of competence really set me off.  These are professional baseball players playing against similar level players and they've failed so incredibly miserably....

[/calming down]

Offline PC

because they are treating spring training with the same seriousness that you'd expect them to treat games that don't count leading into a 162 game season?

Who is the Nationals or their opponents?

Offline pazzo83

[calming down]

I hate losing even when the games don't count.  I hate losing games in the 9th inning period.  Losing games like the last three because the team can't execute the minimal level of competence really set me off.  These are professional baseball players playing against similar level players and they've failed so incredibly miserably....

[/calming down]

Not going to lie, it is still disappointing.  I always want this team to win, I don't care if it's spring training.