Author Topic: Why does the world suck nowadays?  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Why does the world suck nowadays?
« Reply #25: February 18, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
Yenko's wasn't too far from Heidelberg Raceway  (10-15 miles).      Of course, Canonsburg is the home of Perry Como.  :)

My dad was a bit of a gear head back then. He is soon to be 61 so he pretty much grew up right in the heyday of the supercar scene.

and Vega, to each his own.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #26: February 18, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »
My dad was a bit of a gear head back then. He is soon to be 61 so he pretty much grew up right in the heyday of the supercar scene.

and Vega, to each his own.

I'm a little older than your dad.   I tried to be a "gear head" but liked music more.   So, instead of a muscle car in the driveway, I have a keyboard, trumpet, electric and acoustic guitars, bass guitar, mandolin, various harmonicas, etc. in the basement.   :)

Offline 24 Nats

« Reply #27: February 18, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #28: February 18, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
Lack of geographically induced consequences (I'll get into those in a second), combined with the pussification of the American male, an sue for any slight culture and the vast majority of dumb people having access to smart phones has all combined in a pot to give birth to this overly aromatic crap stew which we have been eating and asking for seconds for a while now.

Geographically induced consequences used to keep people in check. Way back in the day, if you wanted to say something to or about someone, generally you were within arms reach of them. At that time, if the message they had to convey was offensive, idiotic, or just plain wrong, you were free to smack some sense back into them. The anonymity provided by the internet, when combined with it's far reaching capability allows people who would normally be to0 shy, stupid or idiotic to be paid attention to a pulpit from which they can spew their mindless drivel from relative safety. You can call me a punk all you want on facebook, but there aren't many people who would take me up on my offer to say it in person so that I could illustrate to them how much I disagree with their opinion.

Additionally, this "sue happy" culture lets people seek vindication (financially or otherwise) for any perceived slight. The problem is that what was once just "life" can now be so offensive that wagons are circled and lawyers are called. Not only does this strengthen the weak by giving them a false sense of power, but it causes those who would do the right thing to shy away from it due to the possibility of litigation. This feeling also creates a sense of entitlement because if one is to feel slighted, then they should be compensated for their hurt feelings.

Bottom line, I hate everybody (except for most of you guys, my family and girls with big boobs)

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #29: February 18, 2013, 03:12:22 PM »
Lawsuits were actually more prevent (and frivolous)  in the early days of the country. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson_v._Post rivals any modern suit as a complete waste of time

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #30: February 18, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #31: February 18, 2013, 05:40:52 PM »
Lawsuits were actually more prevent (and frivolous)  in the early days of the country. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierson_v._Post rivals any modern suit as a complete waste of time
ferae naturae!  the law of wild animals!  The precursor to oil and gas law.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #32: February 18, 2013, 06:15:37 PM »
John Tesh.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #33: February 18, 2013, 08:55:08 PM »
I saw John Tesh in a couple of concerts years ago that were really good

John Tesh.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #34: February 18, 2013, 10:22:48 PM »
Additionally, this "sue happy" culture lets people seek vindication (financially or otherwise) for any perceived slight. The problem is that what was once just "life" can now be so offensive that wagons are circled and lawyers are called. Not only does this strengthen the weak by giving them a false sense of power, but it causes those who would do the right thing to shy away from it due to the possibility of litigation. This feeling also creates a sense of entitlement because if one is to feel slighted, then they should be compensated for their hurt feelings.

Bottom line, I hate everybody (except for most of you guys, my family and girls with big boobs)

yes and yes