Author Topic: Scorecard project  (Read 1110 times)

natsfan1a

Scorecard project
« Topic Start: November 09, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
I couldn't find a direct link to more info on this, but USA Today is seeking input for a scorecard project (there *is* a link that can be used to email them about it). The item is on the left side in the top half of the page (under the A-Rod story) via this link:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/default.htm

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Scorecard project
« Reply #1: November 09, 2007, 12:10:19 PM »
Hmm.  I'll have to think about that.  I don't think I have a particular game scored.  I know I make up my own scorecards and made up some special ones for special occasions.

Here's one I made up for the anniversary of Sept 11.

[attachment deleted by admin]

natsfan1a

« Reply #2: November 09, 2007, 12:29:15 PM »
That's very cool -- I think that you should submit it!

Hmm.  I'll have to think about that.  I don't think I have a particular game scored.  I know I make up my own scorecards and made up some special ones for special occasions.

Here's one I made up for the anniversary of Sept 11.

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #3: November 09, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »
I like the 9-11 card.  I'd never thought about creating some for special occasions.  You could  get a special background for the first game in the new stadium.

I have 2003 WS game 4.  It was supposed to be Clemens last game.  It still isn't complete as I never did fill in Alex Gonzalez's 12th inning walk-off HR.  It still shows a 3-2 count after 7 pitches.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #4: November 09, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
I got another one that I made up in 05 to celebrate 10 years since 2131:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #5: November 09, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »
I like the 9-11 card.  I'd never thought about creating some for special occasions.  You could  get a special background for the first game in the new stadium.

I have 2003 WS game 4.  It was supposed to be Clemens last game.  It still isn't complete as I never did fill in Alex Gonzalez's 12th inning walk-off HR.  It still shows a 3-2 count after 7 pitches.

Maybe you can look up the action for that game and fill in the rest and send it in!

natsfan1a

« Reply #6: November 09, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »
Those are nice!

I got another one that I made up in 05 to celebrate 10 years since 2131:

(Image removed from quote.)

natsfan1a

« Reply #7: November 09, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »
Yes, maybe on the retrosheet site:

http://www.retrosheet.org/

Maybe you can look up the action for that game and fill in the rest and send it in!

Offline NatsAddict

« Reply #8: November 09, 2007, 11:11:17 PM »

There is only the result of a single pitch missing.  Gonzalez lasered a line drive down the left field line for a HR on the 8th pitch of the AB to win the game.  I was too excited, screaming, and generally going nuts to record the HR.  In a strange way, I think leaving that one box incomplete better records the moment.

natsfan1a

« Reply #9: November 10, 2007, 07:21:12 AM »
I understand. I've had that happen with some of my scorecards, too.

There is only the result of a single pitch missing.  Gonzalez lasered a line drive down the left field line for a HR on the 8th pitch of the AB to win the game.  I was too excited, screaming, and generally going nuts to record the HR.  In a strange way, I think leaving that one box incomplete better records the moment.