Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 18103 times)

Offline NatsAddict

Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #300: May 31, 2008, 11:06:26 PM »
Our rotation isn't perfect nor is it very experienced but they wouldn't embarrass us.  How many teams in baseball have 5 starters with ERAs 4.50 or lower? 

Nolasco got his ERA down to 4.48 tonight, so now the Marlins have 2.
Phillies: 2
Mets: 2
Braves: 2

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #301: May 31, 2008, 11:07:18 PM »
QFT, give us a new hitting coach, who's actually good and I'll keep that rotation.
I did not know what QFT means, know I do

Quit f**ucking talking

Strong words Kim

Offline kimnat

« Reply #302: May 31, 2008, 11:08:18 PM »
Nolasco got his ERA down to 4.48 tonight, so now the Marlins have 2.
Phillies: 2
Mets: 2
Braves: 2

WOW!  Our rotation IS pretty good.  Gee, it almost makes me sick to think 'bout where we'd be in the standings if we had offense.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #303: May 31, 2008, 11:09:13 PM »

Quit f**ucking talking

Strong words Kim

you're joking right?  It means "quoted for truth".

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #304: May 31, 2008, 11:10:59 PM »

Quit f**ucking talking

Strong words Kim
That's the funniest crap I've read all day. You are a genius, BBQ.  :worship:  :?

« Reply #305: May 31, 2008, 11:11:28 PM »
Pedestal??  Just because I support the guy for making my 8 yo son speechless with happiness?  Yeah!  I appreciate him and root for him.  Anything wrong with that?  Oh, I get it, you want me to do the "F this, he's can't perform worth S, send him down, he's garbage and shouldn't be in a uniform." 

Well get off your frickin horse, Mr. Oh I'm Not a Pitcher, I Just think I Know Better than Them!  So he's not perfect.  Tell me the last time you were!  And how come you're not upset that we got SHUT OUT!  Gee, seems to me that you see the big GOOSE EGG on our part as just a WEE bit less important than the 4 dingers.  He pitched the 1st CG since Astacio in 8/06!  Just blow your smoke somewhere else.

Way to bully me, Kim. It makes me sad.

Let me apologize. I didn't mean that to be directed towards you, it was just meant in general. But as long as we are on that horse...

Really, is one more loss really all that much more crushing? It was damn well near predictable. Offense here today, gone tomorrow. I'm disgusted by this whole season. I'm just running out of the wordage to express it. But you might want to turn that question on yourself because you seem more about protecting Bergmann than actually commenting on any other aspect of the game.

I don't say that to be mean, I say that because the door swings both ways. If it really didn't matter to half the people here, what I say would not get your goat as much.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #306: May 31, 2008, 11:13:49 PM »
That's the funniest **** I've read all day. You are a genius, BBQ.  :worship:  :?
Hey I looked it up on http://www.lingo2word.com even though I'm the one who usually uses the weird termonology.

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #307: May 31, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
you're joking right?  It means "quoted for truth".
O sorry that was its second meaning on http://www.lingo2word.com

« Reply #308: May 31, 2008, 11:15:36 PM »
Our rotation isn't perfect nor is it very experienced but they wouldn't embarrass us.  How many teams in baseball have 5 starters with ERAs 4.50 or lower? 

Our starting pitching and defense is good enough for us to be over .500 and competing for first in the division. It's our lack of offense and crappy relief work that have us in the cellar. It doesn't matter how good your starting pitching is if you can't score runs. Pitching keeps you in games but it can't win them for you.

I don't know. Shawn Hill is all but permanently injured. Tim Redding can hardly get out of the fifth inning. Odalis Perez has been a surprise but I don't know about him, he is a hard read. Lannan is inexperienced and that might be the only thing bad about him in that situation. Still waiting for the real Jason Bergmann to please stand up...

I can't say that is a rotation I would take into the playoffs. I wouldn't say they would embarrass us, but they might be a first round exit. I don't know.

Regardless, with the crap that has been going on, they have been a surprise. 

Offline kimnat

« Reply #309: May 31, 2008, 11:19:15 PM »
Sorry, but I didn't comment during the game because I was watching it.  Sorry that I mistook your comments to be personal.  The reason it got my goat was because ANY time I have said anything positive about him, I'm accused of wearing rose colored glasses.  I have openly stated when he's had bad outtings and called them such.  I have to be more careful in this regard than most people here and that's just plain sad.  I can't be allowed to just like the guy without being blasted for it whenever I post anything related to his on field performance.

One more loss is not more crushing than any of the others.  It was predictable, as a matter of fact , after the first HR, I said to a friend that we were going to lose.  Sad that when you see one hit by the opposing team that's the automatic reaction.  Yes, this season has been sorely discouraging.  Even Dick Heller wrote about it in his column in today's Wash. Times.

Also, sorry it's taking me so long to post.  My "sweet" 8 yo was on my laptop today and messed up my "a" key.  I have to really press it to work!  He's so not allowed to touch this thing!!

« Reply #310: May 31, 2008, 11:22:21 PM »
Sorry, but I didn't comment during the game because I was watching it.  Sorry that I mistook your comments to be personal.  The reason it got my goat was because ANY time I have said anything positive about him, I'm accused of wearing rose colored glasses.  I have openly stated when he's had bad outtings and called them such.  I have to be more careful in this regard than most people here and that's just plain sad.  I can't be allowed to just like the guy without being blasted for it whenever I post anything related to his on field performance.

One more loss is not more crushing than any of the others.  It was predictable, as a matter of fact , after the first HR, I said to a friend that we were going to lose.  Sad that when you see one hit by the opposing team that's the automatic reaction.  Yes, this season has been sorely discouraging.  Even Dick Heller wrote about it in his column in today's Wash. Times.

Also, sorry it's taking me so long to post.  My "sweet" 8 yo was on my laptop today and messed up my "a" keep.  I have to really press it to work!  He's so not allowed to touch this thing!!

No problem. It's been a hard season on us all.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #311: May 31, 2008, 11:23:44 PM »
Thanks, NOTLD.  :)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #312: June 01, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »

Quit f**ucking talking

Strong words Kim

:rofl:!!!

Screw n2p or blue911, you're definitely the funniest poster on the forum (even though it's inadvertent)...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #313: June 01, 2008, 12:13:23 AM »

Screw n2p or blue911, you're definitely the funniest poster on the forum (even though it's inadvertent)...
QFT  :lol:

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #314: June 01, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »

=]

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #315: June 01, 2008, 10:02:44 AM »

Believe it or not I am looking up inadvertent right know and the definition is: Unintentional!

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #316: June 01, 2008, 11:11:35 AM »
This thread is  :rofl:

Offline kimnat

« Reply #317: June 01, 2008, 11:14:19 AM »
Believe it or not I am looking up inadvertent right know and the definition is: Unintentional!

LOL!!  Ok, you are a riot!

Offline blue911

« Reply #318: June 01, 2008, 11:33:42 AM »
Does Bergmann's game qualify as a "quality start"?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #319: June 01, 2008, 11:38:17 AM »
Does Bergmann's game qualify as a "quality start"?

Nope. No more than 3 runs can be allowed no matter how many innings are pitched.

Offline blue911

« Reply #320: June 01, 2008, 11:48:50 AM »
Nope. No more than 3 runs can be allowed no matter how many innings are pitched.

Wow how stupid is that? Not so much that he doesn't get a quality start but how any 6 inning start could qualify is beyond me.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #321: June 01, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »
Wow how stupid is that? Not so much that he doesn't get a quality start but how any 6 inning start could qualify is beyond me.

Yeah, that's how I feel about it, too.

Giving up 3 runs in 6 innings is the same ERA as giving up 4 runs in 8 innings.

Offline blue911

« Reply #322: June 01, 2008, 12:14:14 PM »
Yeah, that's how I feel about it, too.

Giving up 3 runs in 6 innings is the same ERA as giving up 4 runs in 8 innings.

and the 8 inning effort saves the bullpen. I think it was a quality start by Bergmann. 105 pitches,74 for strikes no walks,8 k's sounds preety good to me. About the only thing that could stop the D'Backs from hitting homeruns would be hiring Lenny Harris.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #323: June 01, 2008, 12:29:09 PM »
and the 8 inning effort saves the bullpen. I think it was a quality start by Bergmann. 105 pitches,74 for strikes no walks,8 k's sounds preety good to me. About the only thing that could stop the D'Backs from hitting homeruns would be hiring Lenny Harris.

LOL!!  Maybe we can pack up the Ole Trojan Horse and give them a few "gifts".

Offline BBQ

• Not Werth it.
« Reply #324: June 01, 2008, 01:07:25 PM »
LOL!!  Ok, you are a riot!
Whats a riot? Like a mob?

Dictionary.com says it is like noisy.