Author Topic: Nats fanbase  (Read 5157 times)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Re: Nats fanbase
« Reply #75: October 16, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
Disagree.

This might be a bigger rift than LAC/LANC, which is cooler, threesomes or Legos.
It depends. Cowboy and I accomplish similar goals in different ways. Cowboy entertains others by freaking them, whereas I entertain others by making Lego figures of them and writing funny stories involving them. Cowboy will end up dying of alcohol poisoning and/or from being stabbed by an irate freak partner, whereas I, the tormented artistic guy, will become depressed with the world and blow my brains out. As far as which one will have the bigger impact on the world as a whole, I cannot say.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #76: October 17, 2012, 10:56:44 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2012/10/17/adam-laroches-parents-thank-the-nationals-fans/

Basically a letter from Adam Laroche's parents thanking Nats fans for their "classiness" and whatnot.

Washington Nationals’ organization, you are a class act. Your dedication to our military is unlike any we ever have seen, and the effort you put toward making the playoffs memorable cannot be described.

Watching your fans behave with such dignity when the Nats’ dreams of extending their season came to an end Friday night demonstrated that they, too, are among the elite of this game. There was no booing, nothing thrown on the field.

They simply stood and applauded. Some even remained afterward to thank the players as they left the parking lot. Thank you, Nationals owners, employees and fans, for a night we will never forget.

–Dave and Patty LaRoche, Fort Scott, Kan.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #77: October 17, 2012, 11:02:55 PM »

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #78: October 18, 2012, 01:05:16 AM »
well, aren't we just the stepford fans, eh?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #79: October 18, 2012, 06:23:28 AM »
Huh ?

well, aren't we just the stepford fans, eh?

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #80: October 18, 2012, 09:31:30 AM »
Huh ?

we're suburban monstrosities because people were polite to the players instead of throwing bags of urine when we got bounced?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #81: October 18, 2012, 09:56:50 AM »
Got another letter for you guys:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #82: October 18, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

I got that (twice!) in my office E-mail this morning - also, at the bottom of the mailing is, in big letters, 'NATITUDE".

Lerners showing GRATITUDE for our NATITUDE...even if the team ultimately delivered only SPLATITUDE with FLATITUDE.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #83: October 18, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)
Hey, I'll take it.

Go Nats

Ready for next season.

Offline DC_Nats

« Reply #84: October 20, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
DC has always been a fair weather city for the most part - kinda like Tampa. Win, people show up. Lose... people have better things to do on game day.

You lose all credibility when trying to compare DC sports fans with Tampa sports fans. The Rays consistently rank towards the very bottom of attendance despite it fielding a very competitive team. And during these "lean" Redskins years, exactly how many of the Skins games have been blacked out due to low attendance? Care to tell me how many of the Bucs games have been blacked out in the past few years? It's not even close!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #85: October 20, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
The Bucs have already had a couple games blacked out this season.

Offline DC_Nats

« Reply #86: October 20, 2012, 08:08:32 PM »
The Bucs have already had a couple games blacked out this season.

All of them in fact. Tomorrow's is the first that isn't. Must be busloads of Saints fans heading down.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #87: October 20, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2012/10/17/adam-laroches-parents-thank-the-nationals-fans/

Basically a letter from Adam Laroche's parents thanking Nats fans for their "classiness" and whatnot.

Accept the compliment. I can't remember a player's parents writing to thank fans. Dave LaRoche is a baseball-pro, and two time all-star, so he has seen a lot of games in a lot of towns.

When do players report?