Author Topic: Hannah Montana?  (Read 4229 times)

Offline LeonidasNats311

Hannah Montana?
« Topic Start: January 08, 2008, 10:10:21 AM »
Did anyone go this concert and pay the outrageous eBay prices? I work in DC a few blocks from the Verizon Center and when I left, everyone was walking down the sidewalks to go to the concert. I dont understand why people would pay 500.00 for a ticket with the face value of 66.00. (I happened to see alot of people who 'looked' like they had money to spend, i.e. five - seven year olds wearing Northface jackets).

Offline ronnynat

Re: Hannah Montana?
« Reply #1: January 08, 2008, 10:11:42 AM »
What is a Hannah Montana?

Offline blue911

« Reply #2: January 08, 2008, 10:13:30 AM »
What is a Hannah Montana?

I think Helena Montana's little sister.

natsfan1a

« Reply #3: January 08, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
She's a teen pop star - I think she has a tv show. It's not her actual name; she's the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus. Those prices are absolutely outrageous!

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: January 08, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
I'm really wondering what is so special about her.  I realize she is for kids, but is she that much better than any other artist who was for performing for kids?

Have there been any other artists who appealed to 5 to 7 seven year olds? Maybe not. I can't think of any.

Its a pretty good thing if you are the first.  You have a monopoly.  I dont think I was buying CD's or going to concerts at that age.   If you break into that market, you have the whole child market at your disposal.  Before they decide they like rap, rock, or other, you have all the kids who want an ipod but have nothing to fill it with. 

natsfan1a

« Reply #5: January 08, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
I don't know. I once saw her singing on another show and didn't think that her voice was that great. I think it may be more of a marketing thing? There's been a trend of marketing to "tweens" over the past few years. Course, these girls are even younger than that. I definitely wasn't into concerts or recordings at that age (and my parents sure wouldn't have paid prices like that even if I had been).

Offline blue911

« Reply #6: January 08, 2008, 10:28:27 AM »
Have there been any other artists who appealed to 5 to 7 seven year olds? Maybe not. I can't think of any.

Raffi? The Wiggles?

Offline LeonidasNats311

« Reply #7: January 08, 2008, 10:30:58 AM »
I don't know. I once saw her singing on another show and didn't think that her voice was that great. I think it may be more of a marketing thing? There's been a trend of marketing to "tweens" over the past few years. Course, these girls are even younger than that. I definitely wasn't into concerts or recordings at that age (and my parents sure wouldn't have paid prices like that even if I had been).

At that age I DIDNT KNOW what a north face jacket was!! and almost every 'tween' that i saw outside there had one

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #8: January 08, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
Raffi? The Wiggles?

Raffi was the MAN!

"Baby Beluga" and "Down By the Bay" were awesome

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #9: January 08, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
my lil sister is tha biggest hannah montana  fan there is. about 95% of her gift this xmas were hannah montana related, and her room could be hannah montana's. she even got that hannah montana blond wig that she wears everywhere, and unfortuntely i have to take her to school and other places

Offline kimnat

« Reply #10: January 08, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »
Ok, here's the deal.  Hannah Montana is a Disney creation.  Yes, she's Billy Ray Cyrus' 13 (or so) yo daughter.  She apparently has a really good voice.  Hannah has been Disney's target to the "tween" audience, 8-13 yo for a couple of years.  This is a huge market.  They're being tapped into w/ Disney's "High School Musical 1 & 2".  And yes, the little ones are big targets w/ Disney's Princess line and the Cars movie.  Nick Jr. has them pegged w/ Dora & Diego.  There are stage productions to go along w/ a lot of this stuff.  Diego has a stage show.  I think the "Backyardigans" are doing something of that sort.  Disney has their ice shows touring the country.  The Wiggles are still a huge rage amongst tiny tots.  Barney is also still a MAJOR draw.  The kid market is an ENORMOUS racket in the entertainment industry!

natsfan1a

« Reply #11: January 08, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
Are you able to pretend that you don't know her? :lol: (jk)

my lil sister is tha biggest hannah montana  fan there is. about 95% of her gift this xmas were hannah montana related, and her room could be hannah montana's. she even got that hannah montana blond wig that she wears everywhere, and unfortuntely i have to take her to school and other places

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #12: January 08, 2008, 10:45:52 AM »
I expect there will be
Disney's Hannah Montana on Ice...

« Reply #13: January 08, 2008, 10:48:31 AM »
Ok, here's the deal.  Hannah Montana is a Disney creation.  Yes, she's Billy Ray Cyrus' 13 (or so) yo daughter.  She apparently has a really good voice.  Hannah has been Disney's target to the "tween" audience, 8-13 yo for a couple of years.  This is a huge market.  They're being tapped into w/ Disney's "High School Musical 1 & 2".  And yes, the little ones are big targets w/ Disney's Princess line and the Cars movie.  Nick Jr. has them pegged w/ Dora & Diego.  There are stage productions to go along w/ a lot of this stuff.  Diego has a stage show.  I think the "Backyardigans" are doing something of that sort.  Disney has their ice shows touring the country.  The Wiggles are still a huge rage amongst tiny tots.  Barney is also still a MAJOR draw.  The kid market is an ENORMOUS racket in the entertainment industry!

And so full of worthless crap.  I watched a Wiggles DVD with my young nephew and it is absolutely filled with nothing but candy filled garbage.  I mean whatever happened to classic Sesame Street where it was fun but you actually could learn something?  These days its these jackass characters talking to the audience like anyone is replying and dancing around.  It is so mindless.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #14: January 08, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »

The Wiggles, of course.

And Crazy Frog is always big at parties.

Offline blue911

« Reply #15: January 08, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Wile E. Coyote ought to sue the little toad.

natsfan1a

« Reply #16: January 08, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »
:lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #17: January 08, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
HM has frightening appeal for girls in High School, too. My 17 year old is a big fan, as are many of her friends. They don't accessorize with HM stuff, but they watch it whenever possible.

It's okay with me if she stays in touch with her inner middle-schooler. She'll have enough facing her in the next few years.

And she does have a pretty good voice, I think. She's definitely a professional entertainer, born and bred.

natsfan1a

« Reply #18: January 08, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »
I must have caught her on a bad day when she had a cold or something. She definitely knows how to work a crowd!

And she does have a pretty good voice, I think. She's definitely a professional entertainer, born and bred.

« Reply #19: January 08, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
No, you might of just caught her stunt double.  OK Magazine is calling Hannah Montana out.  She is a fake.

Miley Cyrus is getting called out by fans during her Hannah Montana tour because there are times during the show when a double comes on stage, even in the middle of songs and pretends to be the girl who pretends to be Hannah Montana. OK magazine says:

"When it got the to bridge of the song "We Got the Party," her dancers began to crowd around her," one ticked-off Miley fan tells OK!. "Then they covered her with a black sheet and she went through a secret door. Within a second, a new 'Hannah' came out of a different door wearing oversized white glasses. The whole time this was happening Miley's vocals were still playing. It was obvious that the song was being lip-synced. The new imposter had her back turned from the stage while she danced trying to hide that fact that was not Miley Cyrus. At this instant I became very suspicious." "Needless to say I was furious!" says the irate fan. "I paid good money to see the concert. I was disappointed and I felt like I was played for a fool."

The video in question here is this one:

I can't believe I sat through this video (part of my brain oozed out of my ears) but just around 2:30 is when the switch happens and it is pretty obvious it is not the same girl.

Offline blue911

« Reply #20: January 08, 2008, 01:46:19 PM »
It's she a little young to be working so much?

Offline LeonidasNats311

« Reply #21: January 08, 2008, 02:25:53 PM »
I'm going to get some rough commenst for this statement. But I will be 19 in 2 weeks (I am a guy) and I watch her show whenever I can because I find it funny. Go ahead and call me whatever you would like. her show is funny.

HM has frightening appeal for girls in High School, too. My 17 year old is a big fan, as are many of her friends. They don't accessorize with HM stuff, but they watch it whenever possible.

It's okay with me if she stays in touch with her inner middle-schooler. She'll have enough facing her in the next few years.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #22: January 08, 2008, 02:48:55 PM »
I heard they're recording these concerts. I'm not sure but I heard you can then see them at a discount price of 15.00.  Not sure if that's the movie theater or on DVD.  :roll:

natsfan1a

« Reply #23: January 08, 2008, 03:26:26 PM »
I've never seen her show but we're each entitled to our opinion. No name-calling coming from this keyboard. ;)

I'm going to get some rough commenst for this statement. But I will be 19 in 2 weeks (I am a guy) and I watch her show whenever I can because I find it funny. Go ahead and call me whatever you would like. her show is funny.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #24: January 08, 2008, 04:26:52 PM »
The Wiggles, of course.

(Image removed from quote.)

Andrew LOVES Crazy Frog! He's really funny!