Author Topic: Phillies sell-out streak ends  (Read 1318 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Re: Phillies sell-out streak ends
« Reply #25: August 08, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
And they should be worse next year

Depends.  If Halladay, Utley and Howard can stay healthy all year, they won't be worse, and I realize that might be asking a lot.  They'll have some cash to spent in the off-season too.  I think it'll be tough for them to catch us and/or Atlanta, but I don't think they'll be a non-factor either.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #26: August 08, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »
Depends.  If Halladay, Utley and Howard can stay healthy all year, they won't be worse, and I realize that might be asking a lot.  They'll have some cash to spent in the off-season too.  I think it'll be tough for them to catch us and/or Atlanta, but I don't think they'll be a non-factor either.

Utley is in serious decline, small sample size, but Howard's rate stats are also down this year, and people have been predicting his demise for years. As far as hallway, I'm always going to bet against a pitcher north of age 35 putting up great numbers

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #27: August 08, 2012, 12:44:11 PM »
Utley is in serious decline, small sample size, but Howard's rate stats are also down this year, and people have been predicting his demise for years. As far as hallway, I'm always going to bet against a pitcher north of age 35 putting up great numbers

I'm just saying, if they can stay on the field next year, they won't be worse than they are this year.  I also think they'll be aggressive in the offseason, luxury tax be damned.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #28: August 09, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
And the non-sell-out streak now reaches 3 - 41,501 for yesterday's hammering by the Braves, their lowest since 36,551 turned out to watch the Phils lose to the Nats 4-1, Wednesday 29th April 2009 (Scott Olsen allowing one run in six innings, followed by Mock, Wells and Tavarez, the last-named for his first save in three years - names of Nats renown!).

They should resume selling out this weekend (they have tonight off) - not only because it's a weekend but because the Cardinals will be the visitors.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #29: August 09, 2012, 08:11:59 AM »
I'm just saying, if they can stay on the field next year, they won't be worse than they are this year.  I also think they'll be aggressive in the offseason, luxury tax be damned.

Are you insuating that people in Philadelphia have expectations?   

:shock:

If they did, they wouldn't live in Philadelphia.