Author Topic: LOU PINELLA FOR MANAGER  (Read 875 times)

Jerspos

LOU PINELLA FOR MANAGER
« Topic Start: September 22, 2005, 10:48:23 AM »
The D-Rays announced he will not be back next year...I like Frank Robinson alot as a manager and as a person he really demands respect from his players and preaches old school baseball...However, after the collapse the Nats had this year I'm not sure bringing him back is the right move, if he has to go I would love to see SWEET LOU in a Nats uniform...

hillnat

LOU PINELLA FOR MANAGER
« Reply #1: September 22, 2005, 10:55:18 AM »
One vote against although Frank has to go

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
LOU PINELLA FOR MANAGER
« Reply #2: September 22, 2005, 11:04:19 AM »
1 vote for Davey Johnson!

1- He's a quality, winning manager
2- He was fired by Angelos, remains popular in Balmer, so would be a constant nearby reminder for those fans of what contributions Angelos has made to the demise of their team.

Nationalzfanatic88

Re: LOU PINELLA FOR MANAGER
« Reply #3: September 22, 2005, 11:23:21 AM »
Quote from: "Jerspos"
The D-Rays announced he will not be back next year...I like Frank Robinson alot as a manager and as a person he really demands respect from his players and preaches old school baseball...However, after the collapse the Nats had this year I'm not sure bringing him back is the right move, if he has to go I would love to see SWEET LOU in a Nats uniform...

What collapse? The White Sox blowing a 15 game lead in their divison when they have a pretty solid ballclub is a collapse. The Nationals are a "team in progress" , though we tried to deny it, we knew that with their offense and how their pitching had been worn out that they would nto make the playoffs but they gave us a nice run.

Right now, I would take my grandmother over Frank for manager. So, Lou Pinella sounds great to me

Scot

LOU PINELLA FOR MANAGER
« Reply #4: September 22, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »
Another solid vote against Pinella. I don't see how he'd be substantially different from Robinson.

I like tom's suggestion of Davey Johnson. I'd also consider Larry Dierker - I thought he did a good job in Houston, and didn't deserve to be fired when he was.

Scot.