Author Topic: David Ortiz: Boston Is “Becoming The craphole It Used To Be”  (Read 1611 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I can't stop laughing at this:

http://deadspin.com/5920340/david-ortiz-boston-is-becoming-the-craphole-it-used-to-be

Best part:

"It's becoming to be the craphole it used to be. Look around, bro. Look around. Playing here used to be so much fun. Now, every day is something new, not related to baseball. People need to leave us alone, play ball and do what we know how to do."

Is back to David Arias for Big Papi?

Online HalfSmokes

And that should get rid of the last of the good will the two rigns gave the team: between chicken and beer, hanging Franconia out to dry, valentine being his lovable self and this, they're going to have to double down on the Susan o'malley sellouts to keep the streak alive

Offline Obed_Marsh

JCA is going to either cry or explode; not really sure which one, maybe both.

Offline houston-nat

Heheheheeheheheheeheh so happy.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
He's talking about the media swarm around the Red Sox.  he's right.  whenever the team stumbles, they go more than LOD on the team and start to dramatize the interpersonal stuff.  Meanwhile, they are 2 games out of a playoff spot, or closer than the Mets and the Braves to the Nats, and Ortiz is having an All Star year. 

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2012/06/22/david_ortiz_goes_to_bat_against_espn_report/

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
:lmao: @ the whining sawks and their fans. I wish the media would leave them alone altogether and stop covering them so we don't have to be subjected to them at all. Funny how they don't whine when they get wall to wall exposure on their personal network ESPN but when things go wrong they sound like PSU fans who feel unfairly persecuted by the media and sports fans at large. Go cry in your chicken and beer. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Meanwhile, they are 2 games out of a playoff spot, or closer than the Mets and the Braves to the Nats

If I ran this board, which thank your personal god I don't, I would ban anyone posting the word "playoff" in an thread prior to September 28th.  It's still June people.

Offline hammondsnats

suck it youkilis

Offline spidernat

If I ran this board, which thank your personal god I don't, I would ban anyone posting the word "playoff" in an thread prior to September 28th.  It's still June people.

How can you possibly doubt a team that has won the last 8 world series in a row (don't be fooled by the fake footage they showed in '05, '06, '08, '09, '10, '11)?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
MDS - point is, it might be a bad start of the season by some standards for the Sox, but if folks are getting all panic monkey about the Braves and Mets, then how bad a season can it be for the Sox?

Spidey - I really don't even account for what Olney or ESPN says one way or the other b/c I will not pay to be an "insider" or even watch that network, other than game broadcasts.  As for the boston media, I stand by what I said.  For the most part, they are easy story and just like to bloviate to get readers and ratings. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
MDS - point is, it might be a bad start of the season by some standards for the Sox, but if folks are getting all panic monkey about the Braves and Mets, then how bad a season can it be for the Sox?

Neither of those two teams have ESPN attached to their testicles.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Obviously, MDS, you and are discussing different things.  I agree ESPN over-covers the AL teams nearest Bristol as if they are the local teams for everyone.  I'm just saying that there's no point treating the slow start of my team as a sign of the end of the world like the Boston media has and some national outlets.  If you view the NL East as close, then you can't call where they are a disaster.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
If you view the NL East as close, then you can't call where they are a disaster.

I don't consider anything close until the last two weeks of September.  Ever since they hired Valentine I can't help but laugh at their misfortunes.  That said, I am really happy Big Papi is having a great year - I've always loved that guy.

Offline spidernat

One thing is clear, MDS really loves juicers.

Also, it's annoying as hell that the overwhelming majority of hires at ESPN are from fans of NY or Boston so they tend to talk about teams from those cities most of the time.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

Not all but some.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Also, it's annoying as hell that the overwhelming majority of hires at ESPN are from fans of NY or Boston so they tend to talk about teams from those cities most of the time.

There are a bunch of ESPN hosts who used to work in DC.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Kurkjian was a balmer guy, Arangurre is on Deportes... Wasn't Olney on the Sun beat before going to NY?  Even a fair chunk of the NY writers were former posties (Tyler Kepner and a few others)

Offline UMDNats

This is a complete mindfact. ESPN hires DC-area people just as much as anyone; Kurkjian, Lindsay C, SVP, Sage Steele, Hakem (ESPN News) are all DC people, to name a few.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Kurkjian still lives in MOCO!  Hes a local guy!  His experience is all over.  Read his book IS THIS A GREAT GAME OR WHAT?!  Great book!

Gotta give props to a fellow WJHS graduate!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
I can't believe Kurkijan hasn't defected to MLBN yet.

Offline hammondsnats

it would be so sweet.  plus it's closer to home.  although i'm sure ESPN has a lot of stuff in his contract where he only has to make said amount of appearances, etc. 

he's hands down the best baseball guy ESPN has, if not the best employee overall.

Offline saltydad

I'm sure he has a strong contract, otherwise would have gone.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

Red Sox hoping Youkilis is traded today to White Sox, Indians or Dodgers

Offline spidernat

This is a complete mindfact. ESPN hires DC-area people just as much as anyone; Kurkjian, Lindsay C, SVP, Sage Steele, Hakem (ESPN News) are all DC people, to name a few.

That was just me being negative for the mere sake of being negative.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
That was just me being negative for the mere sake of being negative.

When is this not you?