Author Topic: Have a seat at the bar.  (Read 79746 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Re: Have a seat at the bar.
« Reply #375: May 04, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
Jack Daniels now has a honey whiskey. Picked up a bottle of it and it isn't that bad. Different from good ole JD.

Take some of this stuff, mix it with some Sprite and put in a lime and you have what I call: Liquid Golden Grahams.

:doh:

« Reply #376: May 04, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »
:doh:

You're yellow with envy. I can tell. Don't hit yourself. You can buy a bottle too at any ABC store.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #377: May 04, 2011, 09:48:01 PM »
You're yellow with envy. I can tell. Don't hit yourself. You can buy a bottle too at any ABC store.

I can buy a man's whiskey and add that sweet stuff if I want to entertain a woman, and we both get it the way we want it, right?

:lol:

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #378: May 05, 2011, 11:47:59 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Park_Single_Malt

The "best spirit in the world" - QED, suck it, everything else

Offline Dave B

« Reply #379: May 07, 2011, 12:39:22 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Park_Single_Malt

The "best spirit in the world" - QED, suck it, everything else

80 bucks a bottle seems pretty reasonable for something with that title

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #380: May 07, 2011, 02:17:24 AM »
80 bucks a bottle seems pretty reasonable for something with that title

Yep, I'm saving a bottle of it for a rainy day. Supposedly you are supposed to buy it on the spot if you ever see it.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #381: May 07, 2011, 11:48:59 AM »
Best place to buy any single malt Scotch (including Highland Park) - the duty-free at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5...best selection, free tastings, decent prices, frequent specials.

Highland Park is from the Orkney islands off the north coast of Scotland...another good single malt from the Orkneys is Scapa - just finished a bottle a while back. For a blend that uses a lot of Highland Park, try The Famous Grouse (my favourite blend) - its principal malts are Highland Park and The Macallan.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #382: May 07, 2011, 01:18:24 PM »
Best place to buy any single malt Scotch (including Highland Park) - the duty-free at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5...best selection, free tastings, decent prices, frequent specials.

Highland Park is from the Orkney islands off the north coast of Scotland...another good single malt from the Orkneys is Scapa - just finished a bottle a while back. For a blend that uses a lot of Highland Park, try The Famous Grouse (my favourite blend) - its principal malts are Highland Park and The Macallan.

Yeah, I owe my friend a bottle of Famous Grouse when he gets a new job. I see that they have a 16 year Highland Park that you can only get in duty-free, and now I need to go back to London :lol:

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #383: May 07, 2011, 01:59:13 PM »

Sweet looking bottle.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #384: May 07, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
The Orkney Islands also produce Skullsplitter Ale...nom nom kitteh

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #385: May 07, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »
I remember getting a bottle of Skullsplitter around the time I turned 21. I just liked the bottle lol, wasn't bad if I recall correctly.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #386: May 07, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
And this too:

Can't remember if it was any good though.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #387: May 07, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »
The Orkney Islands also produce Skullsplitter Ale...nom nom kitteh

This

I picked up a bottle of Famous Grouse :glug:

« Reply #388: May 08, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »
I just had this awesome decanter/fountain fall into my possession. It has a nice, thick dark green glass base with a plastic statue of a boy standing on top. The boy is nude and when you press this button in the back he pisses out whatever you put in it. It needs a cleaning, but it is a hilarious item that is at least 30 years old.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #389: May 08, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
I just had this awesome decanter/fountain fall into my possession. It has a nice, thick dark green glass base with a plastic statue of a boy standing on top. The boy is nude and when you press this button in the back he pisses out whatever you put in it. It needs a cleaning, but it is a hilarious item that is at least 30 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis

5 bucks says it's this

« Reply #390: May 08, 2011, 12:13:07 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manneken_Pis

5 bucks says it's this

That is him-- but smaller and pissing my whiskey.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #391: May 27, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »
I'm having single malt for the first time after drinking blended whisky for a few weeks - maybe it's the grain alcohol that messes up the blend but single malt is MUCH better. Dalwhinnie is nice Highland stuff.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #392: May 27, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »
I'm having single malt for the first time after drinking blended whisky for a few weeks - maybe it's the grain alcohol that messes up the blend but single malt is MUCH better. Dalwhinnie is nice Highland stuff.

You didn't specify what sort of blended whiskey you were drinking.  Generally, I like the concept of single malt, or small batch or whatever it is that isolates the ingredients to a finite group so that you are able to discern the flavors on the palate.

All that being said, I just don't care for the taste of scotch, as a matter of personal preference.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #393: May 27, 2011, 09:40:40 PM »
You didn't specify what sort of blended whiskey you were drinking.  Generally, I like the concept of single malt, or small batch or whatever it is that isolates the ingredients to a finite group so that you are able to discern the flavors on the palate.

All that being said, I just don't care for the taste of scotch, as a matter of personal preference.

It's OC 'sfavorite, Famous Grouse Whiskey. It's Highland Park and Macallan and grain alcohol, good stuff.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #394: June 15, 2011, 01:11:01 AM »

Same here. I keep trying really good scotch-single malt and blended, but just don't like it.

• babble on
« Reply #395: June 15, 2011, 01:22:02 AM »
Is that just scotch or all whiskey from the British isles?  Irish grog (Jameson, Bushmills, etc) has a bit less of the peaty taste to it.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #396: June 15, 2011, 01:27:12 AM »
I Sony like scotch but I like Irish whiskey.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #397: June 15, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
I'm an Irish fanatic. Give me 12 year old Jameson's and I'm like a pig in crap.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #398: June 15, 2011, 01:43:46 PM »
so the place i work at decided to eliminate lunch hours and drop down to two bartenders instead of three. i have been designated the "primary" bartender since the other one can only work on the weekends at night.  its a promotion i guess. slightly improved hourly pay ($5 an hour instead of $3) and some new responsibilities

• babble on
« Reply #399: June 15, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »
Great!  Do the table staff all tip you out?