Author Topic: Backyard critters  (Read 103730 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: Backyard critters
« Reply #275: July 05, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »
I hope he's not suffering.

That's what I am most concerned about right now.  I'm freaking stuck at work and can't get home to help and that useless piece of crap "can't" get there.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #276: July 05, 2012, 02:48:40 PM »
My wife made it home from her work and checked in on him and he was still alive at 1:15 p.m.  She provided him with a couple of carrots and a dish of water as well as took the recycling container off of him to alleviate the heat.

The poor thing never ate a corrot or took a drink of water and just died while I was on the phone with my wife and she was checking on him.  Still no word from the Animal Control Officer as to when he may show up and help out.

Now, onto the task of getting his useless ass fired for being a useless freak.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #277: July 05, 2012, 02:55:35 PM »
:(

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #278: July 05, 2012, 03:01:09 PM »
The more I think about it, it was probably abandoned by some ass-hat and looking for someone to help him out when he showed up at my house and my cat beat him to death.

I understand feline instinct, circle of life, etc.  I still feel like to world's biggest heel.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #279: July 05, 2012, 03:06:42 PM »
Aw, poor thing. Those things are cute as hell. At least you did everything you could. freak the animal control guy.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #280: July 05, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
The more I think about it, it was probably abandoned by some ass-hat and looking for someone to help him out when he showed up at my house and my cat beat him to death.

I understand feline instinct, circle of life, etc.  I still feel like to world's biggest heel.

If your cat didn't get him, something else would have, I wouldn't feel too bad

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #281: July 05, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »
If your cat didn't get him, something else would have, I wouldn't feel too bad

It's too bad he doesn't have our cat.  I truly believe our cat would let it just take over our house.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #282: July 05, 2012, 03:29:07 PM »
HOLY crap - Great news!

Chinchilla is alive and well.  Animal Control Officer showed up and when he went to pick up the chinchilla (by the way, confirmed that it is a chinchilla) the little guy started moving.  So we provided him with a cardboard box, some lettuce, the aforementioned carrots and a dish of water.  The officer said that the chinchilla was pretty badly beat up but that he was "quite far from death's door" and was actually petting the chinchilla with his bare-hand since he was equally convinced that he was free of rabies or any other disease.  He believed that will a little TLC at the vet he even knew someone who would adopt the chinchilla. 

On a sad note for other pets, he said that over the past couple of years, he's seen quite a few cases like this where someone abandons a pet and in some cases they are not just cats or dogs, lots of creatures like ferrets, exotic birds, chinchillas, etc.  And this is just the latest. 

Thank God Howie didn't kill him and this little guy who was probably just looking for a bite to eat last night will have a second chance at a good life.

:clap:

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #283: July 05, 2012, 03:32:35 PM »
HOLY crap - Great news! Chinchilla is alive and well.

Or you unleashed the Zombie Apocolypse and it all started with one cute, cuddly Chinchilla. Don't feel too guilty, the lazy animal control guy will likely be his first tasty snack.  ;)

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #284: July 05, 2012, 03:35:27 PM »
great news, and you know anyone willing to adopt an injured rodent will probably give it a good home

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #285: July 05, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
Minty, was it a Chinchilla?

(images removed from quote)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #286: July 05, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
Just getting caught up on this thread after being in a meeting, I saw the one where he died and got all choked up in my office, then I read where he was a live and still got choked up. I think it's time to go....

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #287: July 05, 2012, 05:02:41 PM »
God damn people cutting onions in the office! ;)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #288: July 05, 2012, 07:41:00 PM »
Move over Screech, you mangy mall rat turkey, there's a new Nats mascot in town...Make way for #25 Chins the Chinchilla!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #289: July 05, 2012, 08:28:52 PM »
My daughter is feeding the neighbor's turtle every other day, and it died before she went to feed it the first time. 

So it is now officially a backyard critter.

:'(

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #290: July 05, 2012, 09:22:24 PM »
Any updates on Chili? I could use some good news tonight...

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #291: July 06, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »
Any updates on Chili? I could use some good news tonight...

He's been taken to the local veteranary hospital and is going to stay there for a couple of weeks.  From there, he's already had someone to adopt him. 

Turns out that all the fur in the back yard is the result of a chinchilla's defense mechanisms.  They can shed fur to defend themselves and that's what he did as Howie tried to beat him up.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #292: July 06, 2012, 08:51:38 AM »
He's been taken to the local veteranary hospital and is going to stay there for a couple of weeks.  From there, he's already had someone to adopt him. 

Turns out that all the fur in the back yard is the result of a chinchilla's defense mechanisms.  They can shed fur to defend themselves and that's what he did as Howie tried to beat him up.

Great news man! Awesome that someone is already lined up to adopt it.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #293: July 13, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »
The Nats–Marlins game just got a lot less interesting. We are getting a show of what appears to be either squirrel foreplay or squirrel sex on our deck.

Video to follow—complete with Johnny Holliday audio in the background—after I transfer it to the computer and upload it.

• babble on
« Reply #294: July 13, 2012, 08:57:35 PM »
I saw some bunny love while biking home from the office today.  The dude was a total stud, cute and fuzzy from a distance but packing like Ron Jeremy when you got close enough to notice. 

The Nats–Marlins game just got a lot less interesting. We are getting a show of what appears to be either squirrel foreplay or squirrel sex on our deck.

Video to follow—complete with Johnny Holliday audio in the background—after I transfer it to the computer and upload it.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #295: July 13, 2012, 09:10:04 PM »
And apparently, you did. Surprise the Frau when you got home? :D
I saw some bunny love while biking home from the office today.  The dude was a total stud, cute and fuzzy from a distance but packing like Ron Jeremy when you got close enough to notice. 

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #296: July 13, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »
Last weekend a squirrel was chillin' on my front step!  It was shadt and he was spread out on his stomach.  Cute.  I tried to leave some water for him!

When I left the house, he got scared and left.  :'(

• babble on
« Reply #297: July 13, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »
I saw a bunch of other bunnies chasing each other and engaging in other types of rabbit courtship.  Amorous bunch. 

Earlier in the day I watched a whole flock of geese waddle across Rockville Pike & Twinbrook, and to my total amazement, everyone stopped and waited for them even though it was the peak of Friday afternoon Rockville trafficpocalypse.  I gave one of the women who sat there blocking traffic through at least two light cycles a big thumbs up. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #298: July 13, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
This happens to me at least once a week on Montgomery Village Avenue. You just wish the damn things would move smartly across and get it over with, but they have to pose and strut and his at the cars, acting all bad. And crap.

I saw a bunch of other bunnies chasing each other and engaging in other types of rabbit courtship.  Amorous bunch. 

Earlier in the day I watched a whole flock of geese waddle across Rockville Pike & Twinbrook, and to my total amazement, everyone stopped and waited for them even though it was the peak of Friday afternoon Rockville trafficpocalypse.  I gave one of the women who sat there blocking traffic through at least two light cycles a big thumbs up. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #299: July 13, 2012, 09:25:55 PM »
Heard another one get murdered by a fox about 20 feet from my bedroom window the other night.