Author Topic: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2  (Read 18564 times)

Re: Nationals @ Diamondbacks, Game 2
« Reply #250: May 31, 2008, 10:28:39 PM »
Oh come on.  You can't pretend he didn't pitch a great game other than the solo shots.  Yes 4 homeruns is a bit alarming, but it's not like he was otherwise pitching like crap.

I know your stance on the matter, but considering tonight's matchup, our terrible offense, and Bergmann's otherwise solid pitching, I'm willing to give him a pass this time and reserve any judgement until his next outing.

This is the same reaction and bit of excuses people gave the last time Bergmann rose and then crashed. I find it hilarious because it's true what they say: History truly does repeat itself. :lol:

Come on now, we were facing a formidable pitcher in Webb. Even if our offense was awake, were you really expecting to get four or five runs off him that easily? I don't believe so, it would of been a close game and if that was the case, the attitude of everyone around here would be extremely different if Bergmann gave up four jacks.

No matter how much you try to cut the mustard: four home runs in one game is anything but a positive or efficiency. Now the question is: has Bergmann been shaken or can he rebound? His next start will be one to watch.

And don't get on my case. I didn't even want to post the Beachball pic. People asked me. I think I've been more than fair.