Author Topic: Ok, who would like to give me a data dump of the past 3 mo?  (Read 2120 times)

Offline kimnat

As for the signings, there's a bit of a split opinion on Pudge.  Several think he has declined on the field to the point where he's not that much better than other, cheaper options, but I think even a number of the doubters like his intangibles, such as the confidence he gives the staff and the credibility he brought to the team in the eyes of other FAs.

You mean a la Odalis Perez?

Offline kimnat

It is retro. Man you are seriously lacking in hipster style. ;)
I thought retro was hip!  The 14 year olds I'm teaching all think that skinny jeans, shaker sweaters, different shoe lace colors, color Converse high tops and 80's music are cool and new.  HA!  I told them that my era brought those things to life (well, we brought BACK Converse)!!

Offline Obed_Marsh

Exactly. I was teasing CALSGR8 for not knowing retro was cool.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
You mean a la Odalis Perez?

Except a MUCH better teammate, I'm sure. The whole team is so excited to play with him, and he helped them sign more FA's because he's so respected. It was an excellent move in my opinion. Rizzo has built upon the signings - Pudge led to Marquis who led to Capps. Capps said Rizzo's professionalism and interest from the first day convinced him to sign.

You were a serious Bowden hater, right Kim? You were spot on, and I was wrong. Rizzo is bringing serious respectability to the team - apparently other GM's are lining up to deal with him. The whole team culture seems to have changed, and the lack of FA signings seem due to crazy Bowden schemes and nothing else, as the Nats have been in on every good FA and have done a great job. If they sign Wang, I give the offseason an A, another starter would make it an A+.

Offline UMDNats

The team waited until the last second to announce arbitration numbers and ASSCLOWN almost had a breakdown.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
HAHA!  I know.  It just took me over an hour to make that one!  And I'm not sure I even remember how I did it!  Zimm & Bergie are the only ones still with the team and Bergie is the last one from the Expos time (albeit he was in their farm system).  But he was on our original roster! LOLOL!  Too funny.

You can go Retro!  You asked for updates.  Sorry, hope you didn't take offense.  Speaking about Retro, you know I'm still a Franklin Howard's fan! 

I work with some people that seem like kids.  Makes me feel old when I mention a show I watched and get a blank stare.

Offline Obed_Marsh

You might find less blank stares if you swap Franklin for Frank. ;)

Offline kimnat

Except a MUCH better teammate, I'm sure. The whole team is so excited to play with him, and he helped them sign more FA's because he's so respected. It was an excellent move in my opinion. Rizzo has built upon the signings - Pudge led to Marquis who led to Capps. Capps said Rizzo's professionalism and interest from the first day convinced him to sign.

You were a serious Bowden hater, right Kim? You were spot on, and I was wrong. Rizzo is bringing serious respectability to the team - apparently other GM's are lining up to deal with him. The whole team culture seems to have changed, and the lack of FA signings seem due to crazy Bowden schemes and nothing else, as the Nats have been in on every good FA and have done a great job. If they sign Wang, I give the offseason an A, another starter would make it an A+.

Yeah, I hated Jimbo!  I was one of the ones saying that I felt his schemes and stupidity were partially responsible for keeping decent players away from the Nats.  I still glad he's gone!  Sounds like Rizzo is doing an awesome job!  And he's respected to boot.  I like that.  It can only help!  Everyone knew JB is a doofus. 

These moves sound really exciting.  I can't wait to see how they flesh out and how the team looks this year!  Only place to go is up at this point!

Offline kimnat

Exactly. I was teasing CALSGR8 for not knowing retro was cool.

I do need to update it though.  ;)

Offline Obed_Marsh

How can you hate on the King of the Geeks: Segway enthusiast extraordinaire? He's a :pimp:

:lmao:  :spit:  :crackup:

The whole team is so excited to play with him, and he helped them sign more FA's because he's so respected.

But can he bring in two or three more wins a year with his smile?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
You might find less blank stares if you swap Franklin for Frank. ;)

I hate typing on my cell (Droid), it has a word fill in feature that accidentally gets touched now and then.

Offline kimnat

I hate typing on my cell (Droid), it has a word fill in feature that accidentally gets touched now and then.

I was wondering what happened because I know you know it's Frank.  Yeah, my dad is his hugest fan!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Except a MUCH better teammate, I'm sure.
You're right.  He's more like Paul LoDuca. :?

Offline PANatsFan

You mean crap on the field and a hell of a good teammate?

Offline Obed_Marsh

Oh no! Not again! Another off season wasted on washed up clubhouse guys. ;)

I hope the secret Adam Dunn cloning program is proceeding well. We're clearly not signing any big name bats this off season.

Offline kimnat

Hey where is he now, anyway?  Broadcasting someplace maybe?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Paul LoDuca signed somewhere - I think with the Rockies?  He's trying to make a comeback.  Not that bad of a place to try it considering what Giambi did there.

Offline kimnat

That's good.  I'd like to see him succeed.  Wish he coulda done it here!

Ok, now why aren't we playing the O's here for the last Spring Training game this year?  The schedule says we play Boston on 4/3 at nats park.

Offline PANatsFan

That's good.  I'd like to see him succeed.  Wish he coulda done it here!

Ok, now why aren't we playing the O's here for the last Spring Training game this year?  The schedule says we play Boston on 4/3 at nats park.

:money:

Offline kimnat

You saying it'll bring in more bucks to play Boston instead?  But that was a neat tradition and brought in Nats and Os fans alike. 

Offline UMDNats

You saying it'll bring in more bucks to play Boston instead?  But that was a neat tradition and brought in Nats and Os fans alike. 

The bottom line is all that matters to this team. LAC, baby. LAC.

8)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Nats & O's fans will never be alike

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I kind of think they saw that their 3 biggest gates since the Nats moved into the new park wee the mid week Boston series and figured there might be some interest.  They will still get the Os 6 times in the regular season.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
I kind of think they saw that their 3 biggest gates since the Nats moved into the new park wee the mid week Boston series and figured there might be some interest.  They will still get the Os 6 times in the regular season.
So we play the Yankees once in Viera and Boston once here, for all those who live in DC but haven't decided that they are really Nats fans yet.