Author Topic: Hardware/OS Geek Thread  (Read 55246 times)

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Re: Hardware/OS Geek Thread
« Topic Start: August 26, 2009, 05:47:23 PM »
MS better damn well not still be on Windows 7 in 3-4 years! :lol:  Apple will be on 10.7 or 10.8 Alley Cat or whatever by then :rofl:

That's not really the reason.  I mean sure it's a factor, but it isn't the driving factor.  Mac OS is only old with Mac hardware because if it were freely available for all PCs, it would be of no better quality than Windows, and probably a whole lot worse since Apple doesn't have nearly the experience MS has when it comes to supporting every conceivable hardware configuration under the sun.  Then there's the whole security thing...  no, Mac OS and Macs themselves are an expensive, profitable niche, and Apple has no intention of ever changing this.

No, I didn't mean that the reason they don't is because I would roll my own, the reason you state is the real reason, I was just stating that I would build my own if I was able to legally do so.

Of course.  I'm firmly in the Windows camp, but I readily admit that "Mac vs PC" is generally no more productive an argument than "Democrats vs Republicans".
:worship:

Why can't Windows users admit that Macs are good at many tasks and Mac users admit the same about Windows?  Without each other around, innovation would be slowed.  Do you think that MS would continually improve their products as fast as they have from Vista (6) to 7 (6.1)?  Would Apple continue to try to add new features if they didn't have to try to compete and take market share from MS?

All said, I like Windows 7 and I can't wait to get my copy of Snow Leopard (for $9.95 through the up-to-date program).