Author Topic: Air Zimmerman pictures  (Read 5878 times)

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Air Zimmerman pictures
« Reply #25: May 03, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
At the risk of sounding like AZ, I am genuinely excited about the prospect of Dukes joining the big league club soon.  His all-around athleticism and batting eye could provide a much-needed spark to this team.  I certainly wouldn't miss Rob Mackowiak if Dukes replaces him.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #26: May 03, 2008, 04:36:26 PM »
At the risk of sounding like AZ, I am genuinely excited about the prospect of Dukes joining the big league club soon.  His all-around athleticism and batting eye could provide a much-needed spark to this team.  I certainly wouldn't miss Rob Mackowiak if Dukes replaces him.

Absolutely. I agree. It'd only be AZ-esque if you said the exact same thing 542,324,791 more times.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #27: May 03, 2008, 04:57:38 PM »
I certainly wouldn't miss Rob Mackowiak if Dukes replaces him.

Who would? Maybe Rob's Mom.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #28: May 03, 2008, 05:02:39 PM »
thunderstruckmackowiakfan

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #29: May 03, 2008, 06:30:05 PM »
I deleted it.  If I couldn't tell my joke, I took my football and went home.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #30: May 04, 2008, 02:40:01 PM »
Thread's back, original title restored, and I added a word censor for those who find the title distasteful (everyone please remember censors are optional here, enabled by default, so turn it on or off depending on your preference)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #31: May 05, 2008, 03:48:10 PM »
Thread's back, original title restored, and I added a word censor for those who find the title distasteful (everyone please remember censors are optional here, enabled by default, so turn it on or off depending on your preference)

There's a difference to me between swears and calling a thread "pictures". No one would care at work if I was reading something with curse words in it.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #32: May 05, 2008, 04:30:11 PM »
There's a difference to me between swears and calling a thread "pictures". No one would care at work if I was reading something with curse words in it.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean... all I can tell you is that I don't favor mandatory censorship.  That's why the word censors on this board are optional.  If there were a way for me to make word censors optional on a word-by-word basis, then I would offer that, but with what we have right now, it's an all-or-nothing deal.  If you have alternative suggestions, I'm very happy to hear them.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #33: May 05, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »
Chief, maybe a short primer on the use of the word censors is in order.  I'd give one, but, uh, I'm not quite sure how to do it myself.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #34: May 05, 2008, 04:41:45 PM »
I'm not sure I follow what you mean... all I can tell you is that I don't favor mandatory censorship.  That's why the word censors on this board are optional.  If there were a way for me to make word censors optional on a word-by-word basis, then I would offer that, but with what we have right now, it's an all-or-nothing deal.  If you have alternative suggestions, I'm very happy to hear them.

I'm not asking for censorship. I have word censors turned off. But the thread title insinuated that the thread contained picturesographic material. A boss wouldn't get a joke that AZ really really likes Elijah Dukes. It would just seem like someone was looking at pictures at work. I was against this specific context.

By the way, the fact that the censors turn "pictures" into "pictures" is hilarious.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #35: May 05, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »
I have word censors turned off. But the thread title insinuated that the thread contained picturesographic material. A boss wouldn't get a joke that AZ really really likes Elijah Dukes. It would just seem like someone was looking at pictures at work.

Am I mssing something here (besides an "i" in "missing")?  You have your word censor turned off, yet you don't want the word "pictures" displayed.  If you turn the censor on, can't you selectively block that word and fix your problem, without having to alter anyone else's content?

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #36: May 05, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
Am I mssing something here (besides an "i" in "missing")?  You have your word censor turned off, yet you don't want the word "pictures" displayed.  If you turn the censor on, can't you selectively block that word and fix your problem, without having to alter anyone else's content?

It's all or nothing switch on the profile options. I'm not going to echo recent posters; I'm clearly in the minority so I'll switch on censors. I'll lose all the f-bombs that I have no problem with. Oh well.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #37: May 05, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »
I'm not asking for censorship. I have word censors turned off. But the thread title insinuated that the thread contained picturesographic material. A boss wouldn't get a joke that AZ really really likes Elijah Dukes. It would just seem like someone was looking at pictures at work. I was against this specific context.

By the way, the fact that the censors turn "pictures" into "pictures" is hilarious.

Alright, I figured that's what you meant.

As I said, there isn't much I can do about that.  From my perspective, I have basically 3 choices:

1) mandatory censorship
2) optional censorship
3) no censorship

I admittedly didn't consider a situation like yours where it doesn't personally bother you, but a word like that could get you into trouble at work.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #38: May 05, 2008, 04:53:01 PM »
Alright, I figured that's what you meant.

As I said, there isn't much I can do about that.  From my perspective, I have basically 3 choices:

1) mandatory censorship
2) optional censorship
3) no censorship

I admittedly didn't consider a situation like yours where it doesn't personally bother you, but a word like that could get you into trouble at work.

Chief, I see you have no other options and made a choice that will solve my problem and keep most people happy. No more noise from me on this.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #39: May 05, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »
You know what they say - you can make everyone happy some of the time, or some people happy all of the time ;)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #40: May 05, 2008, 05:31:11 PM »
It's all or nothing switch on the profile options. I'm not going to echo recent posters; I'm clearly in the minority so I'll switch on censors. I'll lose all the f-bombs that I have no problem with. Oh well.

Okay, thanks for the patient explanation, I haven't messed around with the options and didn't know how it worked.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #41: May 05, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »
At the risk of sounding like AZ

Umm... You need to use the word freakish, pimp, and emoticons more plus lots of redundant >>>>>>>>>>>>>> symbols. A few CAPS for NO REAL REASON might help too.

While I'm at it DUKES is a SUPER FREAK of ATHLETICISM that will IGNITE the OFFENSE after his TRIUMPHANT RETURN. DUkes >>>>>>>>>>>>>> big ears.  ;)

Snark aside, I am hoping Dukes does in fact provide the spark to wake us back up and kick this winning streak into the next gear but considering his historical performance its a bit of wishful thinking.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #42: May 05, 2008, 06:29:50 PM »
Okay, thanks for the patient explanation, I haven't messed around with the options and didn't know how it worked.

No problem. It's not hard to do- and on second though, switching the censors off at home, and back on at work is really not a big deal.

Offline rich_nats

« Reply #43: May 08, 2008, 04:12:09 PM »
I love how this board is trying to preserve the use of an explicit word in the title, pure comedy :D

Offline The Chief

« Reply #44: May 08, 2008, 04:35:09 PM »
I love how this board is trying to preserve the use of an explicit word in the title, pure comedy :D

You know, I've been more than reasonable and patient.  See you in 3 days.  I sincerely hope you return prepared to talk baseball and quit being an agitator.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #45: May 08, 2008, 04:36:51 PM »
I've been more than reasonable and patient.  See you in 3 days.  I sincerely hope you return prepared to talk baseball.

:clap: That guy has changed. I like when he talks baseball, though.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #46: May 08, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »
:clap: That guy has changed. I like when he talks baseball, though.

QFT  I don't know what happened to him in the last couple of weeks.

MrMadison

« Reply #47: May 09, 2008, 08:10:02 PM »
looks like the pimp hand is still strong.

Offline rich_nats

« Reply #48: May 11, 2008, 07:07:57 PM »
Feel free to hand out a 3-day ban next time you want to see the Nats swept at home.....

Offline The Chief

« Reply #49: May 11, 2008, 07:43:20 PM »
that's actually pretty funny