Author Topic: Washington Capitals (2011-12)  (Read 90163 times)

Offline BerkeleyNat

Re: Washington Capitals 2011-2012 Thread
« Reply #150: November 26, 2011, 10:56:08 PM »
hockey coaching isnt as much of an Xs and Os job as some other sports. it is more of a fit and motivational thing. hunter could be a useful rough and tumble change of culture. but do the caps really want to give another guy his first nhl job? i dont know if a team with cup aspirations wants to go with a rookie. the pens won with bylsma, but they werent a favorite going into that year i dont think.

i dont know who is available, but i think a guy like mike keenan might be a good choice. won a cup. there will definitely be no freaking around. the dude seems like a scary wack job in that he keeps a gimp locked up in his basement

I agree about the Xs and Os comment for the most part. However, I have never agreed with the constant juggling of lines that BB does. I believe that a line should be given some time together to try to gel. Switching guys each night just doesn't work in my opinion. It's hard for a team to build consistancy if you don't know who your linemates are going to be each night.

As for some coaches out there that might be called upon to replace BB if there is a change, the names that interest me are Bob Hartley, Kirk Muller, and even Ted Nolan. I would prefer to see Hartley or Muller. I'm just not sure that Hunter has enough time coaching as of yet.