Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Mets, Game 4 (Curly W)  (Read 30991 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Mets, Game 4 (Curly W)
« Reply #125: September 25, 2006, 10:10:13 PM »
........................................BANG!

..........ZOOM![/u]

............................................NATIONALS

.............................WIN!!!
[/size]

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #126: September 25, 2006, 10:10:13 PM »
Nats win!

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #127: September 25, 2006, 10:11:08 PM »
Quote from: "esoteric"
Quote from: "Senators2005"
Quote from: "tomterp"
I have no idea what direction Chief is going in, but it's still kind of funny.
Watch the movie "Major League" with Charlie Sheen.  Look for the All State Insurance commercial guy...and you will understand.  8)
(Image removed from quote.)

Wrong!  That's actually the Verizon guy.  "Can you hear me now?  Can you hear me now?"
Ummm the African guy is not white.  Nats2playoffs is correct.  He played the President in 24 and is the All-State guy on their commercials.  And by the way Charlie Sheen is not the Verizon guy.  Sorry.   :lol:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #128: September 25, 2006, 10:11:09 PM »
The plucky Nationals deal the Mets their 61st, 62nd, and 63rd losses of the season, guaranteeing that the Mets cannot attain a 100-win season!!!

Offline PC

« Reply #129: September 25, 2006, 10:12:40 PM »
A fourteen hit night for the Nats in a Tom Glavine start!!!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #130: September 25, 2006, 10:13:02 PM »
I have no idea what direction Chief is going in, but it's still kind of funny.
Watch the movie "Major League" with Charlie Sheen.  Look for the All State Insurance commercial guy...and you will understand.  8)
(Image removed from quote.)

Wrong!  That's actually the Verizon guy.  "Can you hear me now?  Can you hear me now?"
Ummm the African guy is not white.  Nats2playoffs is correct.  He played the President in 24 and is the All-State guy on their commercials.  And by the way Charlie Sheen does is not the Verizon guy.  Sorry.   :lol:

Oh, fair enough.  Didn't read closely (that's what you get for trying to follow three different baseball games while watching the Saints/Falcons game AND doing your reading for Evidence class tomorrow).  I was just referring to the Charlie Sheen character...who does look like that guy.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #131: September 25, 2006, 10:14:28 PM »
Oh, fair enough.  Didn't read closely (that's what you get for trying to follow three different baseball games while watching the Saints/Falcons game AND doing your reading for Evidence class tomorrow).  I was just referring to the Charlie Sheen character...who does look like that guy.
True...he does.   :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
« Reply #132: September 25, 2006, 10:15:37 PM »
WOW the Saints are surprising EVERYBODY!  Time to switch to football...I'll be at the game tommorow at RFK...so see you guys in the gameday thread on Wednesday!

« Reply #133: September 25, 2006, 10:17:01 PM »
Quote from: "The Chief"
The plucky Nationals deal the Mets their 61st, 62nd, and 63rd losses of the season, guaranteeing that the Mets cannot attain a 100-win season!!!

F U MUTTS.  Take that!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #134: September 25, 2006, 10:17:05 PM »
(bang. zoom.)

What's the matter Eso, a little early in the evening to be hung over already, isn't it?  Why the understated exclamation?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #135: September 25, 2006, 10:31:18 PM »
Major League was released in 1989 and is rated R, mostly for salty language, which fits well with the comedy.  So the tv-edited version is best for kids - but don't cheat yourself with 50 commercial interruptions and the edits.  It is highly quotable.  Just seeing the photo of Charlie Sheen is a reminder of what he said and did.  Any one of these characters was worth the price of admission.  The Japanese Academy nominated it for the 1990  Best Foreign Language Film!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #136: September 25, 2006, 10:40:49 PM »
(bang. zoom.)

What's the matter Eso, a little early in the evening to be hung over already, isn't it?  Why the understated exclamation?

I'm all about understatement.  I'm also holding my breath watching the Astros/Phailers & Friars/Cards games...I'd love to see the 'Stros come back from nearly impossible odds to get into the postseason.