Author Topic: Rick short  (Read 1427 times)

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Rick short
« Topic Start: April 14, 2006, 03:28:44 PM »
WHy haven't we given this guy a shot at the ss position. Before he got injured at the end of the season last season. he was really slugging, and he was htting well, epecially at at RFK stadium.

On a side note the RFK stadium complaints, is getting tiresome nad really strting to make me question some players integrity and heart. WHen  played bsaeball in high school we had the largest field in th e city and we never ever complaiend

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Rick short
« Reply #1: April 14, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »
Quote from: "metssuck"
WHy haven't we given this guy a shot at the ss position. Before he got injured at the end of the season last season. he was really slugging, and he was htting well, epecially at at RFK stadium.

On a side note the RFK stadium complaints, is getting tiresome nad really strting to make me question some players integrity and heart. WHen  played bsaeball in high school we had the largest field in th e city and we never ever complaiend

well...Rick Short is in Japan now.

so giving him a shot will be kinda difficult.  :wink:

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Rick short
« Reply #2: April 14, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »
oh, i didn't know that. Can they buy out his contract?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Rick short
« Reply #3: April 14, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »
Does anybody know how Rick is doing?  Is is possible to pull up Japanese baseball stats?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: Rick short
« Reply #4: April 14, 2006, 05:29:36 PM »
Quote from: "metssuck"

Ryan Zimmerman hit close to .400 last September just like Short did, and this year (just like what would have happened with Short) reality has set in and he's come down to Earth. Zimmerman is hitting .237 right now, a far cry form the .397 he hit last year.

Never go by what you see during September Call-ups, because if you do, you'll spend a lot of time being disappointed.

BTW, in case you're interested, Rick Short is hitting .377 for the Rakuten Golden Eagles in the Japanese Pacific division. The Golden Eagles are in last place in their division.

Offline PC

Rick short
« Reply #5: April 14, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/pg9bv

If my understanding of this page is correct, he's doing very well.  :lol:

Offline PC

Rick short
« Reply #6: April 14, 2006, 05:49:06 PM »
Never go by what you see during September Call-ups, because if you do, you'll spend a lot of time being disappointed.

But the difference between Rick Short and Ryan Zimmerman is that Rick Short knows his limitations.  More importantly, he knows how to hit.  I remember he was dismissed as just a "singles and doubles hitter".  While that might be true, singles and doubles bring home runners in scoring position.

This team despearately needs a few singles and doubles hitters instead of everybody swinging for the fences.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Rick short
« Reply #7: April 14, 2006, 05:58:24 PM »
You could always go to the Eagles web site and see if you can find anything there. If you look deep enough there's a press conference interview with Rick.

Bablefish Translated "Rakuten Golden Eagles" Web Site