Author Topic: Bud's Final Blow  (Read 1928 times)

Offline deeznatz

• http://www.amorica.org
Bud's Final Blow
« Topic Start: April 12, 2006, 12:11:19 AM »
Anybody read the news about the Lerners falling downa a notch?

Who wants to bet they are going to stick us with Smulyan?  What is Bud's attraction to this guy after what happened in Seattle???  I would not have even accepted his bid!!

So much for an upgraded satdium....and fat pockets.

As a side note, anybody see the cards new stadium?  dear Lord, that thing is a work of art, retro or not.  I agree with that WSJ article....our stdium should look like Solider Field, but eupdated with glass.  That modern look they designed, with the hard edges and that RIDICULOUS triangular bldg that blocks the main part of the park is absurd.

Man, our team is a bttered one, indeed...........

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #1: April 12, 2006, 12:12:34 AM »
Were you at the game today?  I think I passed the deeznats.com guys tailgating in Lot 8.  Were you with them?

Offline deeznatz

Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #2: April 12, 2006, 12:14:05 AM »
Quote from: "LetsGoNats"
Were you at the game today?  I think I passed the deeznats.com guys tailgating in Lot 8.  Were you with them?

No, i just have the same name, cept I spell mine with a z at the end!

i wasn't able to make it up, but will go to many games throghout the year.  the deeznats guys i cool, i have several of their shirts!

Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #3: April 12, 2006, 06:17:54 AM »
Truly, the Nats have to be the stepchild of the MLB.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #4: April 12, 2006, 12:54:41 PM »
At this point, I'll be happy with anybody but Smulyan.

Any word on why Lerner "fell down a notch?" :?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #5: April 12, 2006, 02:08:56 PM »
Inadequate minority representation in the group.

Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #6: April 12, 2006, 02:13:24 PM »
Quote from: "tomterp"

Can someone explain to me exactly what the heck that means?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #7: April 12, 2006, 02:20:13 PM »
It means the Lerner bid is an "all white" bid, there are no minorities in his group, since his group consists of family.

This is not the first time I've read something like this in regards to Lerner. If even a small part of it is true, and he is a closet racist, I don't want him owning the Nats. Not even if he stands way back and leaves everything to someone like Stan Kasten. There's no room for racism in sports" Hell, there's no room for it anywhere.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #8: April 12, 2006, 02:25:13 PM »
Quote from: "Nat of the LivingDead"
Quote from: "tomterp"

Can someone explain to me exactly what the heck that means?

Lerner's group isn't "Black" enough.

which is a load of horsecrap.  pardon my language.

Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #9: April 12, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »
Quote from: "Kenz aFan"
It means the Lerner bid is an "all white" bid, there are no minorities in his group, since his group consists of family.

This is not the first time I've read something like this in regards to Lerner. If even a small part of it is true, and he is a closet racist, I don't want him owning the Nats. Not even if he stands way back and leaves everything to someone like Stan Kasten. There's no room for racism in sports" Hell, there's no room for it anywhere.

Oh for Pete's sake.....that is the stupidest reason to deny $450 million I have ever heard.  So you don't have a "minority" amongst the partners.  Big deal.  My grandmother's sewing circle doesn't have a minority in it and no one is throwing up anti-hate group rallies at her door.

Ridiculous.  The level of PC in this country is astounding.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #10: April 12, 2006, 06:01:35 PM »
As a minority i don't really care about if the owner has a minority or not in its group, i just want the best qualified owener availbe. I really want a Daniel Snyder like onwer. Say what you want about the guy(and i say a lot of bad things being a boys' fan), the guy only cares about his team winning, and i can respect that  over all circumstances. Its not like the're criticizing minorites they just don't have one in the group., which is fine by me.

Offline deeznatz

Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #11: April 12, 2006, 06:09:56 PM »
Quote from: "metssuck"
As a minority i don't really care about if the owner has a minority or not in its group, i just want the best qualified owener availbe. I really want a Daniel Snyder like onwer. Say what you want about the guy(and i say a lot of bad things being a boys' fan), the guy only cares about his team winning, and i can respect that  over all circumstances. Its not like the're criticizing minorites they just don't have one in the group., which is fine by me.

Yeah, I think it is important to attempt to try and include them in the group, but at the end of the day, you have got to give it to the right  person, meaning local and LOADED.  Smulyan scares me bigtime...

and i agree 100% on Snyder, he is an arrogant arse, bu he genuinely loves the Skins and will do anything to win.  Now, we just need you to convert to the Skins and we'll be okay....after watching the shenanigans of TO this season I'm sure you'll be running for cover! :D

Offline NatsAddict

Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #12: April 12, 2006, 06:18:05 PM »
The only qualification is that the owner agree to be one of BudCo's yesmen.  The sales of the Red Sox, Marlins, Dodgers, as have all recents sales, have been to parties that agreed to support whatever Selig tells them to support.  The Red Sox (Henry), Marlins (both Henry and Loria) and Dodgers (McCourt) sales all went to the lowest bidder.  I'm not sure if there was another party bidding when Loria bought into the Expos, but even the original minority interest sale to Loria was at about 50% of market value

But at least Henry, now that he owns the Red Sox, has announced that he is parting ways with Selig so far as revenue sharing is concerned.  Henry finally grew some cajones.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #13: April 12, 2006, 06:19:31 PM »
Now, we just need you to convert to the Skins and we'll be okay....after watching the shenanigans of TO this season I'm sure you'll be running for cover! Very Happy

NEVER!!!!! I 'll alwasy hate the deadskins. I can't wait for the season to start. Come September 17 your asses is ours, and you already know TO shines on Primetime.  Oh just u wait.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Bud's Final Blow
« Reply #14: April 12, 2006, 06:46:33 PM »
Quote from: "metssuck"
Now, we just need you to convert to the Skins and we'll be okay....after watching the shenanigans of TO this season I'm sure you'll be running for cover! Very Happy

NEVER!!!!! I 'll alwasy hate the deadskins. I can't wait for the season to start. Come September 17 your asses is ours, and you already know TO shines on Primetime.  Oh just u wait.

Getting stomped in front of 91,000 rabid skins fans last winter really hurt huh? ;)

Now you know what we feel like most of the time  :cry:  :lol: