Author Topic: National League Division Series, Game 2  (Read 72679 times)

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Re: National League Division Series, Game 2
« Reply #1175: October 09, 2012, 09:33:38 AM »
I think the Nats can lose game 3 and still win the series.  Nats can get to Lohse in game 4. 

That said, Nats probably need to win game 3.  I think they are too young and inexperienced to win an elimination game.  Especially with Detwiler on the mound.  I'd feel better aobut their chances in an elimination game with Gio pitching.

On the above comments on Stammen, I wouldn't be too surprised if something is wrong with Burnett as well.  He looked terrible and had several balls hit hard against him.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #1176: October 09, 2012, 10:01:42 AM »
On the above comments on Stammen, I wouldn't be too surprised if something is wrong with Burnett as well.  He looked terrible and had several balls hit hard against him.

Cards own lefty pitching. Just the way it is. I think he only put Burnett in because he knew the game was done. Burnett will not pitch a meaningful inning against the Cards. Neither with Gorz or Mike Gonzalez.

Garcia, Storen, Matheus, Clippard, Stammen. Those are the horses.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #1177: October 09, 2012, 11:08:01 AM »
Gonzalez right now looks like a better LOOGY than Burnett.  I think Burnett was more or less getting work in in a lower leverage situation.  They wanted to see if he could be effective before they use him where the situation is more important.

Yes, it was a playoff game, so all situations are important. However, up 1-0 in games and down by 4 runs late on the road in game 2 is as close to low leverage as you are going to see in the playoffs.  Gonzalez actually was in in the more important situation.

Offline expos1994

« Reply #1178: October 09, 2012, 11:31:45 AM »
Still angry... so forgive me.

But screw the Cardinals and their 80 some odd win record. They don't even deserve to be in the playoffs and got in a really stupid rule change that allows team like the Cardinals to sneak in. If it wasn't for this new wildcard they would have been out of it weeks ago.

The Nationals need to put them away so all the other teams who actually deserve to be here can battle it out. I hate the Braves with passion too, but at least they deserved to be in this series. I'd rather be playing them.

Sorry for my anger... but I'm in Iowa and watched at a bar yesterday surrounded by Cardinals fans. Boy do they get cocky and start telling how they have the best lineup in baseball and best pitching. Give me a break! They are in this thing on a technicality.

Ok I'm done. On to Wednesday. Hopefully they can relax now and let loose with the bats at home.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #1179: October 09, 2012, 11:37:34 AM »
Still angry... so forgive me.

But screw the Cardinals and their 80 some odd win record. They don't even deserve to be in the playoffs and got in a really stupid rule change that allows team like the Cardinals to sneak in. If it wasn't for this new wildcard they would have been out of it weeks ago.

The Nationals need to put them away so all the other teams who actually deserve to be here can battle it out. I hate the Braves with passion too, but at least they deserved to be in this series. I'd rather be playing them.

Sorry for my anger... but I'm in Iowa and watched at a bar yesterday surrounded by Cardinals fans. Boy do they get cocky and start telling how they have the best lineup in baseball and best pitching. Give me a break! They are in this thing on a technicality.

Ok I'm done. On to Wednesday. Hopefully they can relax now and let loose with the bats at home.

Not the first team to feel the wrath of the Zombie Cardinals.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #1180: October 09, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Don't sweat it expos1994. The red birds are coming to our house for the whooping they deserve. :whip: :w: