Author Topic: Detroit and Cleveland Stadiums  (Read 1248 times)

Detroit and Cleveland Stadiums
« Topic Start: June 29, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »
I'm heading out on vacation for a week on the 2nd and during my travels I am going to be taking in three ballgames:

Detroit vs. Cleveland (in Detroit)
Cleveland vs. Tampa Bay (in Cleveland)
Columbus Clippers vs. Yanks AAA Team (in Columbus)

I was wondering if anyone had been to the Cleveland or Detroit stadium and if there is any interesting tid-bits, recommendations, etc. people might suggest to make the experience well remembered?

Re: Detroit and Cleveland Stadiums
« Reply #1: June 29, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »
No one has been to these stadiums? Well, I'm just going to have to come back with a full report then.

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #2: June 29, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
Personally, I cant say that I have been to any of those stadiums, but enjoy!

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #3: June 30, 2008, 12:16:18 AM »
I've been to Detroit a bunch (fam up there), but never to the new stadium. I've been to old Tiger Stadium, though. Detroit has its moments, but generally is a terrible city. Around the stadium, however, is nice.

Head to Coney Island Hot dogs - real cheap, real delicious chili dogs.

AnnieSavoy

« Reply #4: July 01, 2008, 12:15:19 PM »
I've been to Jacobs Progressive Field a few times, though it's been about 5 years since my last trip there. It's nice. Not spectacular, but nice. I remember being impressed with the variety of food available at the various concessions...everything from hot dogs and burgers to pasta and sushi. (Who the hell eats sushi at a ballgame?!) After one of the games I went to, my friends and I went to a place called the Winking Lizard Tavern, which was pretty good as I recall, and it was just a couple of blocks north of the ballpark. There were several other bars nearby as well, all of which were pretty crowded after the games, so I'm guessing they're good places to go to.

If you have time while in Cleveland, check out the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, about 9 blocks north of Jacobs Progressive Field, up E 9th Street.

Offline NatMan

« Reply #5: July 01, 2008, 01:43:25 PM »
I've been to Detroit a bunch (fam up there), but never to the new stadium. I've been to old Tiger Stadium, though. Detroit has its moments, but generally is a terrible city. Around the stadium, however, is nice.

Head to Coney Island Hot dogs - real cheap, real delicious chili dogs.

Hey don't be busting on my city......Comerica is an awesome stadium with great views (ok my taste is bias considering when i attend tiger games I sit in my brother in laws box) and a few good bars right outside the stadium.  Yea don't walk to far away from the place as it can get scary (especially at nite) but u will have fun.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #6: July 01, 2008, 02:08:55 PM »
Hey don't be busting on my city......Comerica is an awesome stadium with great views (ok my taste is bias considering when i attend tiger games I sit in my brother in laws box) and a few good bars right outside the stadium.  Yea don't walk to far away from the place as it can get scary (especially at nite) but u will have fun.

I love Detroit, especially around Comerica. But like you said, it's dangerous at night and you shouldn't walk alone

« Reply #7: July 02, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »
Thanks for the tips. I will keep my eye out and give a report when I get back.

I am off. See you around the 13th.