Author Topic: Strasburg TJ surgery & ongoing recovery news  (Read 20444 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
How do you figure that? Who are the other 3 that are going to make up this "one of the best rotations in a long time"?

Yeah I'm going to go with it and say it potentially could be the best if we kept Gorzelanny, Marquis, and even Livo to the rotation of Strasburg and Zimmermann. I'd rather us go out and get a fresh arm off the market next year but the way Gorze and Marquis have been pitching is pretty solid (aside from Marquis mishap Friday).

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
What?

1. Around 3.00 is very good.
2. What makes you think, all of a sudden, that he can't be great?  Did he have a setback or something?
1. Yup, I still see him as one of the league's better pitchers, but I used to hope he'd end up the clear cut best pitcher in the league and be a true superstar.

2. He had Tommy John surgery. Yes, I know all the stories about current top pitchers who had that surgery and came back fine from it, but until our guy has a great comeback, I will continue to be nervous.

Offline kirubel94

First bullpen in the books. Felt great! Hopefully time will speed up now!

http://twitter.com/#!/stras37/status/72784430011383808

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
1. Yup, I still see him as one of the league's better pitchers, but I used to hope he'd end up the clear cut best pitcher in the league and be a true superstar.

"Clear-cut best pitcher in the league" is an astronomical expectation.

Offline Sharp

A career ERA of 3.00 would be the best starter in the league.