Author Topic: MLB Audio Subscription / MLB At Bat App Discussion  (Read 4885 times)

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
If you get the MLB Audio, will it let you listen to games today from last season? How exactly does it work?

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
If you get the MLB Audio, will it let you listen to games today from last season? How exactly does it work?

Just go to the media section, find the day, and select which feed you want.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Okay. How much does that run you Nathan? Really don't feel like paying $100 or whatever it is for MLBtv.

Offline Nathan

Gameday audio subscription is $20 for the year (I think).  I've bought MLB.tv the last 2 seasons which comes with the audio package included, so I can watch games on my PS3/Roku when I get off work.  The MLB At Bat app for iPhone and Android include audio, but I'm pretty certain it only works on the phone and not for the site/archives.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
I think if you log onto MLB atbat online, you can get the same thing.  I think!

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Trying to order it, just can't find any information on the Gameday audio, it has everything for the damn TV though, ugh.

Offline CALSGR8

It may not be available for 2012 yet.

Offline Nathan

Trying to order it, just can't find any information on the Gameday audio, it has everything for the damn TV though, ugh.

It may not be available for 2012 yet.

Yeah, I don't think you can order the 2012 package yet.  It still references the 2011 season.  It says at the bottom your subscription renews around March 1st at the prior year's price, so I guess the 2012 package will be available around then.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/gameday_audio.jsp

Offline CALSGR8

I meant ATBAT 2012

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Oh okay, that would make sense.

Offline Nathan

Offline Nathan

Thought this could use it's own thread.  Also, I have to keep up with The Chief on all his splitting and merging and moving stuff lately :p

I think the audio sub also gives you the enhanced gameday views as well.  I think they used to call it "gold" or something like that?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

MLB Gameday Audio and MLB AtBat are two different things.  Gameday Audio lets you listen to any regular game (including postseason) over the internet, and you can choose which feed (home, away) you want to listen to.  All games are archived so you can go back and listen later, though I don't know how long they keep them available for.  This is the ONLY way to listen to games online.  It also features expanded Gameday graphics and information.  Gameday Audio is $20 per year.  AtBat is an app for mobile devices and costs $15.  In addition to audio, you can get expanded news and video highlights from all around MLB.  I've had both, and they're great deals.   I travelled quite a bit this past year, so I don't know if I'll do AtBat again this year, but I'll definitely get Gameday Audio when it becomes available.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Gameday audio subscription is $20 for the year (I think).  I've bought MLB.tv the last 2 seasons which comes with the audio package included, so I can watch games on my PS3/Roku when I get off work.  The MLB At Bat app for iPhone and Android include audio, but I'm pretty certain it only works on the phone and not for the site/archives.

By the way, are we . . . I mean . . . you getting that again this year?

Offline Nathan

By the way, are we . . . I mean . . . you getting that again this year?

I haven't decided yet :P

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
Wait, what is that suppose to mean? Should I save my money and just have you send me the games HAHA.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I haven't decided yet :P

I'll go halvsies with you this year.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Can I get in on this action?

Offline Nathan

What action :shrug: