Author Topic: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)  (Read 96807 times)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Re: Washington Redskins Thread (2012)
« Reply #1475: December 09, 2012, 07:51:42 PM »
Bleacher report says MRI shows a sprain!

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1476: December 09, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »
Lol Cousins scrambled on his TD pass.

Yeah the injury was a freak injury that had nothing to do with exposing Griffin. The Ravens seemed to have Griffin confused in the pocket for most of the game. Baltimore made adjustments and pretty much contained the pitch game. At times Griffin looked lost in the pocket and failed to throw the ball away or scramble out of the pocket to stretch the play or to gain yards on the ground.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1477: December 09, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
Bleacher report says MRI shows a sprain!

rotoworld is also reporting the same.

The Redskins announced Sunday evening that Robert Griffin III's right knee MRI is "clear," meaning there's no serious ligament damage.

I hate to upset the apple cart but with the long term view in mind I would wait and see how it feels by Thursday and if his mobility isn't anywhere near 100% I would try to get by without him next Sunday to make sure he is back for the following week. Everybody else just needs to step up. Young guys can usually bounce back quicker when there isn't serious damage involved.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1478: December 09, 2012, 07:56:59 PM »
Lol Cousins scrambled on his TD pass.

No ligament damage

scrambling is not the same as trying for a 15 yard gain on every down

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1479: December 09, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »
^   :idiot:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #1480: December 09, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
as a Giants fan, even I find it hard not to root for RGIII, he's a special player.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1481: December 09, 2012, 11:53:05 PM »
^   :idiot:

Yup... And the thing about it is, the play he got hurt on, was a freak thing. He was trying to get down and gets hit hit in the legs by a player also diving... It was a fluke thing, but fluke things happen in the NFL. He's done a much better job of getting rid of the ball, getting out of bounds/sliding but you can only corral instinct for so long. I'm not too worried about RGIII, he seems to learn from every experience and I have no doubt he's learned from this one. He really is tough though.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #1482: December 09, 2012, 11:55:17 PM »
as a Giants fan, even I find it hard not to root for RGIII, he's a special player.

RG3 is a freakin SOLDIER.

congrats, Skins fans, you got a real deal Franchise QB.

freak!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1483: December 10, 2012, 06:43:27 AM »
So he's gonna play next week, yeah?!?!!@!?#!@?#!

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1484: December 10, 2012, 08:36:42 AM »
So he's gonna play next week, yeah?!?!!@!?#!@?#!

I wouldn't hold him to that, but if he can play to his level and there be no risk to making it worse, let him play. If he could make it worse and still not play up to his standards, sit him. It's Cleveland this week and I don't think they are as bad as their record would suggest. The Browns have a tough d and a stud back in Richardson. Their receivers are young and raw, but talented. I imagine Cousins will get a lot of reps this week with the first team and Shanny will probably list Griffin as doubtful until the end of the week just so the Browns have to prepare for both.

Offline PC

« Reply #1485: December 10, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »
Perhaps only important to me…

I checked the “expert” picks from CBS Sports and ESPN and Jason LaCanfora at CBS Sports, former Post Redskins beat writer, wins the prize for picking the Redskins the fewest times, once…against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.  He has picked the Redskins to have 12 losses at this point in the season. 

The “experts” who’ve picked the Redskins 7 times (matching their actual win total) are Dave Richard (CBS) and Mortenson and Schefter (both at ESPN).

The overpicking “experts” are Hoge, Jackson, Johnson and Ditka (all at ESPN) have picked the Redskins 9 times.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1486: December 10, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »
I've picked the Skins to win like, 3 games this year so far in our league pick 'em. I won't pick them just for fear of the jinx :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1487: December 10, 2012, 12:37:25 PM »
I've picked the Skins to win like, 3 games this year so far in our league pick 'em. I won't pick them just for fear of the jinx :lol:

Serves you right, getting your arse whipped out of fear of the jinx fairy.     :whip:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1488: December 10, 2012, 12:44:21 PM »
Serves you right, getting your arse whipped out of fear of the jinx fairy.     :whip:

I know... I deserve my whipping, but I'm not gonna change anything with the current "streak" in order.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1489: December 10, 2012, 01:31:52 PM »
The Giants looked decent again yesterday. Or was it that the Saints were pathetic? Probably both. But unless Atlanta steps up and beats the Giants this week it's going to be difficult to catch NY in the division standings. Also, Seattle has Buffalo, SF and St Louis remaining so it may very well end up that the Redskins will miss the playoffs by virtue of the Fail Mary where the incompetent refs gave the Seahawks the victory over the Packers. At the time it was thought that it would impact GB. But it looks as if GB will end up winning their division anyway and this may in fact impact other teams.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #1490: December 10, 2012, 01:33:17 PM »
The Giants looked decent again yesterday. Or was it that the Saints were pathetic? Probably both. But unless Atlanta steps up and beats the Giants this week it's going to be difficult to catch NY in the division standings. Also, Seattle has Buffalo, SF and St Louis remaining so it may very well end up that the Redskins will miss the playoffs by virtue of the Fail Mary where the incompetent refs gave the Seahawks the victory over the Packers. At the time it was thought that it would impact GB. But it looks as if GB will end up winning their division anyway and this may in fact impact other teams.

I blame Cundiff- two year in a row he's screwed up a playoff run. Losing to the rams and panthers kills

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1491: December 10, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
 Don't expect any help against Dallas this week in your playoff run.      :-[     Damn pitiful losing to the Chargers, Raiders, Titans and Browns.    Tried to give one away to KC as well.    Skins are on their own.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #1492: December 10, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Atlanta sucks but they will take down the Giants this week at home.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #1493: December 10, 2012, 02:12:55 PM »
Atlanta sucks but they will take down the Giants this week at home.

I wish I had your faith... well, maybe :lol: The Falcons have been really disappointing lately. The Gmen bring the heat too and I don't know how well Matty Ice will do against that pass rush. I'll be hoping for the best though.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1494: December 10, 2012, 03:14:31 PM »
Ryan has faced NY twice and hasn't exactly lit them up.  :?

Don't expect any help against Dallas this week in your playoff run.      :-[     Damn pitiful losing to the Chargers, Raiders, Titans and Browns.    Tried to give one away to KC as well.    Skins are on their own.

After a bad home loss to a struggling west coast team I expect Pittsburgh to come out and do work against Dallas.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1495: December 10, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »
Dr. James Andrews serves as the team doctor for Alabama, Auburn, and the NFL's Washington Redskins.  So he was on the sidelines when RGIII first went out injured.  He told Shanahan that RGIII could go back in.

I couldn't believe that the Ravens took a knee with 29 seconds left in the game, when a field goal could have won it.  I guess that contributed to Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron getting canned after the game.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1496: December 10, 2012, 03:26:10 PM »
I doubt it was Cameron's decision to take a knee. If it was his decision then, whether right or wrong, Harbaugh should be fired for allowing an assistant to be making such crucial decisions. Besides, with Flaccid at the helm they were probably afraid he would throw the ball to a Redskins' DB.

Offline NationalHeat

« Reply #1497: December 10, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »

I believe if the Skins wind up with the same record as Seattle, they hold the tiebreaker.

If if the Skins win out, I believe they'll get in somehow.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1498: December 10, 2012, 04:40:47 PM »
If the win out they may catch Chicago but I doubt they win out.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #1499: December 10, 2012, 06:26:06 PM »
Wow, the tackling in this game by Washington was disgusting. Reed Doughty would be the worst safety in the league if it weren't for his tandem partner Madieu Williams. Williams is atrocious. Almost makes me miss Adam Archuletta.  :hang:

Cooley was in on the first drive of the 4th quarter and on back to back plays he misses blocks that contributed to the drive being an absolute failure. That was awful. But he's blocked well at other times. The OL has blocked really well for this hybrid running attack and Morris is a stud. He seems well suited for the system. He has good vision to plant and cut. Most of the time he makes the correct reads. He runs with power so he's tough to bring down. But he needs to cut down on putting the ball on the ground.