Author Topic: Nats and the 2012 Non-Waiver Trade deadline watch  (Read 88218 times)

Offline Mattionals

Jesus Flores this year .230/.272/.348, wOBA .262, wRC+ 60 (league average = 100*), 0.2 WAR in 53 games

*this means, basically, that Flores generates 40% fewer runs than the average MLB player

This.

I don't care that he went 2-3 with a sac tonight, he isn't hitting consistently enough at the plate and he isn't hitting in the spots where we absolutely NEED him to hit.  Defensively he is average, and by that he seems to be alright with most guys, but some of the wild pitches / passed balls from the Rod should have been fielded cleanly.  Also, I don't trust him throwing out runners.

Overall he was a nice story after being selected in Rule V, being great for a bit and then going down with a potential career ending injury.  He returned, but has been passed over by Ramos.  Any contending club in our position would look at the Catcher spot and see it is an issue and upgrade.  Honestly does anyone even think he will be around next year?  Solano is more then competent as a back up catcher and will come EVEN CHEAPER and YOUNGER than Flores.  I'd trade him now for a prospect and pick up a veteran catcher rental.